GDT: Trade Deadline - Where does Toff go? (answer: Winnipeg) Do we get a goalie?? (answer: Jake Allen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I hope Devils will trade Okhotiuk fo Bahl.

Overall - nice job, Fitz.

If Devils will be good with Allen and Kahkonen - we can sign Kahkonen and start next year with Kahkonen, Allen and Daws. If not - Kahkonen is ufa, one year of Vanecek is off for free.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His last monthView attachment 832678View attachment 832680
View attachment 832679

SJ svck. He is a okay player, potentially better than Bahl.
He was pretty bad early in the year. Maybe just a market correction for how poor he was early in the year?

I think he could be better than Bahl, but Bahl was pretty solid last year in a very reduced role. I think he could be fine again in that same reduced role going forward, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a top-4 and I don't think he ever will be, though I could see him having a pretty decent career in a bottom pairing role like Jon Merrill did.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ok, that trade is fine.

Though I think these guys will still get torched here until the system majorly changes.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I hope Devils will trade Okhotiuk fo Bahl.

Overall - nice job, Fitz.

If Devils will be good with Allen and Kahkonen - we can sign Kahkonen and start next year with Kahkonen, Allen and Daws. If not - Kahkonen is ufa, one year of Vanecek is off for free.
Probably will see who is better between the two he got today. If they both play well maybe you dont have to go after Markstrom (though I would want Ullmark if that's possible), and you decide who to keep or bury, or you got your tandem.

Also this clears Vitek off the books which is a win and opens up cap space for next season to get a goalie.

Reactions: Guadana

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Ok well that makes the Allen trade even dumber some how.

Allen trade is for him to be the backup next year while preventing Daws/Schmid from hitting the waiver games played criteria and further getting their souls crushed this season.

Devils had to clear out Vitek's contract before next season and this accomplishes that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So Daws and Schmid are going to be sent down.
Probably Schmid when Allen gets here, and then Daws whenever Vitek gets back.

LOL didn't even know Vitek was traded.

THANK. GOD.

To San Jose of all teams. I've been hoping for that for months now.

• Love
Reactions: glenwo2

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Probably will see who is better between the two he got today. If they both play well maybe you dont have to go after Markstrom (though I would want Ullmark if that's possible), and you decide who to keep or bury, or you got your tandem.
If they all are good, I think its reasonable to just sign top-4 left defenseman and play with three goalies.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
Was going to give Fitz a C-/D for his work this deadline but the Kahkonen trade pushes it to a solid C IMO.

Reactions: glenwo2

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Allen trade is for him to be the backup next year while preventing Daws/Schmid from hitting the waiver games played criteria and further getting their souls crushed this season.

Devils had to clear out Vitek's contract before next season and this accomplishes that.
Well, yea, I understand and am happy with the 2nd part. The issue remains the Allen piece. No, you don't want him on this team this season or next. Just terrible.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
If they all are good, I think its reasonable to just sign top-4 left defenseman and play with three goalies.
IDK what dman will be available. The ones I wanted are signed. I was hoping Forsling wouldnt re-up in florida because hes f***ing nasty, and is now on a league best contract.

Reactions: Devils Army

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He was pretty bad early in the year. Maybe just a market correction for how poor he was early in the year?

I think he could be better than Bahl, but Bahl was pretty solid last year in a very reduced role. I think he could be fine again in that same reduced role going forward, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a top-4 and I don't think he ever will be, though I could see him having a pretty decent career in a bottom pairing role like Jon Merrill did.
Im talking about skills and poise. Okhotiuk one year younger and have better tools. He isnt as big but as physical. And he is faster. He needs more time to cook ut now even in SJ he play well. And SJ svck. really hard. So I think he will develop his game. Anyway Okhotiuk or Bahl - I would prefer to use Luke and Siegenthaler and sign one more solid top-4 left defenseman.

Reactions: Bleedred

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
IDK what dman will be available. The ones I wanted are signed. I was hoping Forsling wouldnt re-up in florida because hes f***ing nasty, and is now on a league best contract.
fun fact he was on the waivers.

Will see. May be new Graves\Siegs\Marino trade will happen. Fitz isnt perfect but he is active and he is working.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I felt like the Pens return was underwhelming. Maybe I don't fully understand.

They are only getting a second rounder, unless the Canes make the finals!?

A 28 year old, who is under performing, and a bunch of middling prospects.

I am good with the Toffoli trade.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Well, yea, I understand and am happy with the 2nd part. The issue remains the Allen piece. No, you don't want him on this team this season or next. Just terrible.

Fair enough and I'm not a fan of that trade either, but I was responding to your quote about how this trade "makes the Allen trade even dumber some how", which I don't think it does.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ok well that makes the Allen trade even dumber some how.
Why?

We got rid of a PROBLEM for next year and don't have to worry about him or buying him out or any of that, for a guy that's a UFA.

This is a WIN.

Maybe even a bigger win than the Allen trade and since I found out Montreal was retaining 50% on Allen, I don't even dislike the deal at all.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
where goalie
there goalies
IMG_2720.png

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I felt like the Pens return was underwhelming. Maybe I don't fully understand.

They are only getting a second rounder, unless the Canes make the finals!?

A 28 year old, who is under performing, and a bunch of middling prospects.

I am good with the Toffoli trade.
Dubas got bent over for that.

The Toffoli trade was garbage.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Why?

We got rid of a PROBLEM for next year and don't have to worry about him or buying him out or any of that, for a guy that's a UFA.

This is a WIN.

Maybe even a bigger win than the Allen trade and since I found out Montreal was retaining 50% on Allen, I don't even dislike the deal at all.
What are you talking about? I didn't criticize the Vtek trade. That made sense.

The Allen trade didn't at the time and now makes even less sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad