Trade Deadline- What to Do??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
while that is a great explanation of why the deal make sense, my problem is the Bhawks needs draft picks with maybe a viable piece for the future.

no matter what, draft picks needs to be the center of any trade unless a top pairing d-men comes back.

I honestly think we need young soon to be ready NHLers over picks. this window is still a tight 2-3 years with the core we have, if we make some moves we need to get some kids back that are close to ready to step in right away IMO..as opposed to picks that typically take 4-5 years to develop through our systems.

Reactions: TQE

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I would really like Murphy traded before the rest of the league realizes he's terrible...he's not Rundblad bad... But it's really close.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No hands... Limited hockey sense... Poor foot speed... He's a brick with a stick.

again, I see a different player.

A kid who barely gets 15 minutes a night, plays on his off-side a lot, takes the body better than any defender we have, isn't slow by any means for his size...has made some poor decisions and pinches at the wrong time, but he is the least of our concerns on that blueline IMO.

Reactions: TQE

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
4 million for a poor shutdown defenseman whose playing hockey in the wrong era... Trade him as soon as possible.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
Murphy isn't even as good as Stephen Johns.. you don't see it the same way.. That's fine...I've seen him live twice this year.. in Carolina and MN and each time I've seen a zero offensive and limited (5Ft from the net) defensive D. He's not good, in my opinion. At the point.. He gets the Puck off his stick like it's going to explode... I see no offensive instinct... I see terrible transition passing.. I see a player who routinely gets beat on the outside.. I don't see any upside... He also has a nearly 4 million dollar cap hit...

Last edited:
Reactions: LDF

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
I'm comfortable with my evaluations... After watching 1 Rockford game I suggested Kampf should be up (recalled a few days after seeing him) and Dahlstrom was likely going to play in the NHL (recalled a few weeks later). Those were my only positive evaluations. I'm surprised Jurco is here too.. He's not an NHL er. Everyone makes mistakes but I see nothing great... Particularly relative to contract value...With Murphy. We'll see.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Murphy isn't even as good as Stephen Johns.. you don't see it the same way.. That's fine...I've seen him live twice this year.. in Carolina and MN and each time I've seen a zero offensive and limited (5Ft from the net) defensive D. He's not good, in my opinion. At the point.. He gets the Puck off his stick like it's going to explode... I see no offensive instinct... I see terrible transition passing.. I see a player who routinely gets beat on the outside.. I don't see any upside... He also has a nearly 4 million dollar cap hit...

Again none of these observations are accurate. You were right about DK and CD but very wrong about Murphy. Speaking of CD he is the one that consistently has missed transition passing, maybe you are confusing them? Note: CD has improved each game.

Murphy has made his share of bad pinches and this would be my biggest issue with him but that is an easy fix.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
excellent

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I honestly think we need young soon to be ready NHLers over picks. this window is still a tight 2-3 years with the core we have, if we make some moves we need to get some kids back that are close to ready to step in right away IMO..as opposed to picks that typically take 4-5 years to develop through our systems.
and that is a good idea if and only if that player coming back is a viable player. in this example i posted that unless we get a top pairing d-men coming back

so is any of the player a young, real young top player ??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
okay, don't know why but I thought about this deal =

would you do this as a Hawks fan - I only care about the Hawks perspective and not the Jets.

Toews waives his NMC and allows us to trade him to the Jets and his hometown team - we retain 50% salary so essentialy a bit over $5mil in savings for us.

The trade:

Toews - 50% retention
Hayden
Dahlstrom

for
Trouba
Roslovic
2018 1st round pick

do you make this trade as a Hawks fan????

Roslovic is the future center we would love to have, top 20 prospect in the game and steps in right away to play #1C.

Trouba is a beast and we would HAVE to resign him, but man he would look good on our blueline

2018 1st is a late first, but still another asset to have

and that $$$$ in cap space

we know what we are giving up...and this helps legitimize the Jets and give them the playoff horse they have desired...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

would you do this as a Hawks fan - I only care about the Hawks perspective and not the Jets.

Toews waives his NMC and allows us to trade him to the Jets and his hometown team - we retain 50% salary so essentialy a bit over $5mil in savings for us.

The trade:

Toews - 50% retention
Hayden
Dahlstrom

for
Trouba
Roslovic
2018 1st round pick

Roslovic is the future center we would love to have, top 20 prospect in the game and steps in right away to play #1C.

Trouba is a beast and we would HAVE to resign him, but man he would look good on our blueline

we know what we are giving up...and this helps legitimize the Jets and give them the playoff horse they have desired...

That $$$$ in cap space would be immediately eaten up by Trouba's extension.

Decent case for the rest of it though. If you believe Roslovic is a 1C, then I guess it makes sense.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Murphy is worth what he's making and he's an asset to the team. I'm not going to compare him to Johns simply because I haven't seen enough of Johns play to make a proper assessment.

But am I right about every player evaluation I make simply because I was right once or twice in the past? I was one of Hino's biggest supporters years ago already. Does that mean I was right about how good Dano would turn out? No, it means I have a history of being right AND wrong. I doubt any of you have a 100% success rate in player evaluations.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What is excellent about this post exactly? Nothing is close to accurate.
i with my opinion agree with him. i am and have admitted not a fan of murph. what i see is a limited d-man in the bottom pairing.

that poster wrote a interesting post.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

The trade:

Toews - 50% retention
Hayden
Dahlstrom

for
Trouba
Roslovic
2018 1st round pick

i really think that the jets fans would say that was an over payment and i would agree.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

The trade:

Toews - 50% retention
Hayden
Dahlstrom

for
Trouba
Roslovic
2018 1st round pick

If you're Winnipeg, why would you even touch this deal when you're 3rd in the West as is?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Murphy is put in a position by Q to fail. Pair him with Seabrook on his off-side. You won't look good.
Pair him with Oesterle, you won't look good. (Oesterle is holy moly bad without any standout quality to warrant him as more than a 7th D)
Why not play him with Forsling and let them grow, pair him with Dahlstrom and let them grow, even pair him with Gus.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
These last couple pages are more than enough proof on why I need to stay away from this board for a while. :laugh:

All the crazies come out of the woodwork to piss and moan when the Hawks are playing bad.

Reactions: Esq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad