Trade Deadline- What to Do??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We have seen this team make some deadline moves over the years that some have helped in our cup runs, and others did nothing. This is a young talented group that just hasn't hit its stride yet but should without question be a playoff team right now...unfortunate we are looking from the outside in.

This team obviously needs another body or two right around the deadline as we have a lot of younger players we can move if needed for some help. Duclair was a nice start but I think Bowman is looking for another forward and especially dman.

Do we go all in and trade away another 1st round pick??

Do we stand pat and ride it out with this group? Believe in this core group yet again?

Do we go out and acquire someone that can actually run the point on our power play?

If we have this shrinking window, does Bowman go after one of the big fish, or just try and piece a few guys together to add depth?

I would definitely like to see a true power play QB like a Mike Green come to this team. I am sure a Mike Green would cost a lot, but a rental player of his skillset would look nice on this team. Never been a huge Mike Green fan, but it is obvious this pathetic power play needs something from the point that will set some fear in the opposition...he can definitely help with that,

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Not a damn thing other than hoping that someone will give the Hawks FCs for Rutta or Kempny.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
maybe, but if the Hawks miss the playoffs and Bowman stands pat- the pitchforks will be out in full force.

I think Bowman has done a great job restocking these shelves, so I want Bowman to stay and have been supportive of him for years...

With a power play this bad, how the hell do you not make a move????

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Personnel won't fix a poorly designed PP. Only firing Dineen will.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Listen attentively to offers, pay attention to stuff you hear other teams are doing, and even put feelers out there, but only make a move if it's an obvious desperation move by the other side.

Reactions: LordKOTL

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
maybe, but if the Hawks miss the playoffs and Bowman stands pat- the pitchforks will be out in full force.

I think Bowman has done a great job restocking these shelves, so I want Bowman to stay and have been supportive of him for years...

With a power play this bad, how the hell do you not make a move????

Are you allowed to trade coaches? Because that's how you fix the PP. It isn't a personnel issue.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yet Franson had more pp success when he was played on it ...

If they had someone with that ability to get pucks through traffic and run a power play but can play 5on5 hockey it would have improvement.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
see if you can find a taker for Sharp, Seabrook and/or Anisimov for sure.
see if you can give away for Bouma/Wingles for futures or just waive them

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yet Franson had more pp success when he was played on it ...

If they had someone with that ability to get pucks through traffic and run a power play but can play 5on5 hockey it would have improvement.

Getting pucks through traffic isn't this insanely rare ability. It can be taught and really isn't all that hard.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If a Top4 is available for us with a deal that seems fair, I'd go for it. Other than that not much.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
see if you can find a taker for Sharp, Seabrook and/or Anisimov for sure.
see if you can give away for Bouma/Wingles for futures or just waive them

Yeah, AA is the TDL acquisition. It’s just a question of whether we hold onto him for now or shake another team down at the TDL.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Little push for OEL, Trouba or similar player, nothign else. Trade Sharp, Bouma, Franson.

Hossa's contract has to be mighty appealing to AZ, amirite? AZ is still in heavy rebuild mode, so maybe, just maybe, OEL is doable. Think they'd take Duke? lulz! Seriously though, what do you think it would take?

Reactions: migi

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
For OEL? DeBrincat Forsling or Schmaltz Forsling probably and a 1st but I wouldn’t wanna do that deal cause his contract situation and Arizona would probably want more for sure impact talent

Reactions: migi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Hossa's contract has to be mighty appealing to AZ, amirite? AZ is still in heavy rebuild mode, so maybe, just maybe, OEL is doable. Think they'd take Duke? lulz! Seriously though, what do you think it would take?

I think Hossas contract is indeed appealing for them, obviously Hawks pay something but not so much.

Seriously, I think when the reports were something like that Chayka wants two blue chip prospects and 1st, there is no team that does it right now and more likely wait till he hits free agency.

For OEL? DeBrincat Forsling or Schmaltz Forsling probably and a 1st but I wouldn’t wanna do that deal cause his contract situation and Arizona would probably want more for sure impact talent

This is very true and I wouldnt do it either.

Forsling + 1st 2018 + Hartman + Hossa's valuable contract + 2nd 2019 for OEL is the maximum I personally would go. And I am not that high on Forsling like many here. Forsling still is very young and could develop into OEL level. Or not. Never know.

OEL would be ideal going forward as a stud, youngish 1st pairing Dman. He is a fit right now.

Obviously there are teams who would pay little bit more and I think OEL will be out of Arizona cheaper than rumoured but he is still expensive. My proposal is somewhere realistic for #1D who is absolutely going UFA and not in the Karlsson/Doughty caliber. Chayka is in hard situation.

EDIT: forgot to add Hartman which I think makes the trade value wise close what I as Hawks fan would pay for OEL.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Unless the 'hawks go on a massive tear, and I mean massive tear which puts them at a solid #3 seed, not a tenuous one, I think you stand pat or sell off vet unperforming assets for future considerations--if there's a market of course.

No reason to mortgage the future for a year when, at best, the team has been schizo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad