Trade Deadline- What to Do??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saad, Rutta, 2nd, Pokka for Trouba. I'd swap Snuggy or Krys with Pokka if needed. Trouba pleaseeee.

The Hawks and Jets make perfect trade partners for many reasons over the years...

Trouba to the Hawks makes sense if he doesn't want to stay up there....we need Trouba, period.

But the Jets do not really need wingers, they are loaded in the top 9...they can barely find enough ice time for Connor and Roslovic as is...I can't see them wanting to take Saad and his contract on.

We do not have any real good young defensemen close to ready to offer either that are valued that high enough yet..

As much as I want Trouba here, not sure we have what the Jets would want in return for him at this time..

Reactions: Blue Liner and migi

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think it's awful. It's basically Saad and a 2nd for Trouba. Winnipeg doesn't come close to touching that.

Trouba is currently on LTIR, no?

And he's only signed through the end of this season?

So for ....a few weeks of a recovering Trouba...Winnipeg wouldn't take Saad and a 2nd?? lol

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Yes, obviously a low ball offer.. but we do have a good center piece to offer in Saad. It's the additional+ that will be key.

If we finish with the 14-18th pick, you have to consider moving that pick+Saad+Krys/Snuggy for Trouba. That should get it done based on the recent deals for top RD d-men.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What is the asking price on Saad?

Clear cut No. 3 D-man 25 or younger. We can trade Anisimov if we want picks, need players back for Saad and this team is very thin on D.

Might consider a top D prospect and a top young goalie or 2 top D prospects in a 2 for 1 depending on who we are talking about.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Heneskin, shore, Dickinson and a first round pick in 2018 for Kane !!!

Do we have a deal ?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Anisimov should be the first one to go. Can probably get a 1st round pick + decent prospect or two for him since he probably has the most value out of the veterans not named Kane.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Well it looks like Pittsburgh is desperate for a 3C, so maybe we can do this.

To Pit:

Artem Anisimov
Michal Kempny

To Chi:

2018 1st
Filip Gustavsson
Ian Cole (cap dump)
Carl Hagelin (cap dump)

Then flip Ian Cole to Toronto

To Tor:
Ian Cole

To Chi:
Josh Leivo
2018 3rd

--

Debrincat - Toews - Duclair
Leivo - Schmaltz - Kane
Saad - Kampf - Hinostroza
Hagelin - Wingels - Hartman

Sheary - Crosby - Sprong
Guentzel - Malkin - Hornqvist
Rust - Anisimov - Kessel
Simon - Sheahan - Kuhnackl

Man Pittsburgh looks scary up-front.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I was just trying to remember .. in Saad's draft year was it an injury or mono that had his stock drop? If it was mono .. it can be known to return ( the symptoms that is ) and Epstein Barr virus apparently stays with a person for life.
Think it was an appendectomy??? Groin/abdominal injury??? Something like that...rushed back early and didn't play well for Jan-Feb-March of his draft year, though he did start out well if I recall.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
he was battling injuries all year in his draft year. could be now as well, who knows as hockey guys keep things tight lipped until the end of the year when they get a "surprise" procedure done that nobody knew about.

he showed his character by playing through injuries in his draft year and not telling anyone about it...he could have used that as an excuse and tried to help his draft stock, which he really didn't. his injuries weren't really known until after his season was over and by then, people had their lists made up.

Think it was an appendectomy??? Groin/abdominal injury??? Something like that...rushed back early and didn't play well for Jan-Feb-March of his draft year, though he did start out well if I recall.

Thanks guys ... I couldn't remember what it was exactly. Mono has effected some players so I was curious as to what was up with Saad and if it was happening again. He sure seems to have lost a step or two ... that could be mental though as things are certainly off with the team chemistry etc.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

To Pit:

Artem Anisimov
Michal Kempny

To Chi:

2018 1st
Filip Gustavsson
Ian Cole (cap dump)
Carl Hagelin (cap dump)

To Tor:
Ian Cole

To Chi:
Josh Leivo
2018 3rd

--

Leivo - Schmaltz - Kane

Sheary - Crosby - Sprong
Rust - Anisimov - Kessel

I would be ok with those trades.

Reactions: migi

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

To Pit:

Artem Anisimov
Michal Kempny

To Chi:

2018 1st
Filip Gustavsson
Ian Cole (cap dump)
Carl Hagelin (cap dump)

To Tor:
Ian Cole

To Chi:
Josh Leivo
2018 3rd

--

Leivo - Schmaltz - Kane

Sheary - Crosby - Sprong
Rust - Anisimov - Kessel

Crushing it w/your proposed trades.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011

To Pit:

Artem Anisimov
Michal Kempny

To Chi:

2018 1st
Filip Gustavsson
Ian Cole (cap dump)
Carl Hagelin (cap dump)

To Tor:
Ian Cole

To Chi:
Josh Leivo
2018 3rd

--

Leivo - Schmaltz - Kane

Sheary - Crosby - Sprong
Rust - Anisimov - Kessel

That trade enormously favours us and Pittsburgh would never consider it. The pick is at this point 18th overall in a deep draft, which alone would be an overpayment for Anisimov. Ian Cole isn't a cap dump, he earns a reasonable salary and is an RFA after the season. Filip Gustavsson is one of the best goaltending prospects in the league.

At this point, most posters on this board seem more inclined to fantasize than engage in a realistic discussion of what this team should do and how.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That trade enormously favours us and Pittsburgh would never consider it. The pick is at this point 18th overall in a deep draft, which alone would be an overpayment for Anisimov. Ian Cole isn't a cap dump, he earns a reasonable salary and is an RFA after the season. Filip Gustavsson is one of the best goaltending prospects in the league.

At this point, most posters on this board seem more inclined to fantasize than engage in a realistic discussion of what this team should do and how.

Not really. This is the going rate for a top 6 center and rental players. Need an example? Vermette.

Aren't you a Canucks fan? Judging by post history you are. "Us" for you is not "Us" for Hawks fans. Not saying you are not welcome but you saying "us" is weird.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
just so everyone is aware of the market and actual value-

it is being reported that Jack Johnson (who I have always loved for his service to USA Hockey) is apparently fishing back a late first round pick offer.....that is correct, a player who at this stage of his career would likely be no higher than a #4 on most teams is getting back a late first in a good draft.

Stan, get on the phone immediately and get Anisimov moved while some teams still have picks available. Anisimov should get us a 1st plus if JJ can land that...

we as fans think we know players value, but the trade deadline always proves us wrong lol!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
just so everyone is aware of the market and actual value-

it is being reported that Jack Johnson (who I have always loved for his service to USA Hockey) is apparently fishing back a late first round pick offer.....that is correct, a player who at this stage of his career would likely be no higher than a #4 on most teams is getting back a late first in a good draft.

Stan, get on the phone immediately and get Anisimov moved while some teams still have picks available. Anisimov should get us a 1st plus if JJ can land that...

we as fans think we know players value, but the trade deadline always proves us wrong lol!

Some of us have been stating this for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad