GDT: Trade Deadline Thread

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't picks usually used as bargaining chips to convince expansion teams not to take a team's players.

If so, I can't see Treliving burning a 1st and leaving us with a 4th, 6th, and 7th in the draft

Does it have to be a first?
That's what I was referring to though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Could see Treliving offering up Shinkaruk/Poirier/Wotherspoon to McPhee to not take Lazar or Brouwer but take Bouma instead.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Could see Treliving offering up Shinkaruk/Poirier/Wotherspoon to McPhee to not take Lazar or Brouwer but take Bouma instead.

Barring a big stretch/playoff performance by Brouwer, I'd rather just let them take Brouwer.

I could see Tre doing something like that, though.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Does it have to be a first?
That's what I was referring to though.

I think Vegas would like to ice a competitive team this next season rather than stock up on picks, and a 1st gives them the best chance of doing that. Even then, I think McPhee would rather have a tangible player with NHL experience rather than a hit-or-miss prospect.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Barring a big stretch/playoff performance by Brouwer, I'd rather just let them take Brouwer.

I could see Tre doing something like that, though.

Brouwer was brought in for some character/leadership/playoff performance. There's a good chance he steps his game up here.

He's certainly been better recently.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Iginla will wear #88 with the Kings.

giphy.gif

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Brouwer was brought in for some character/leadership

Coaches are not supposed to have cap hits.

/playoff performance. There's a good chance he steps his game up here.

Troy Brouwer Playoff History:
98GP
15:47ATOI
15G
17A

Over 56 games that is a career playoff pace for 9 goals and 10 assists.
Over 56 games in 20162017 that is a recorded 10 goals and 11 assists.

You are expecting him to "step up his game" in the playoffs... why?

Last edited:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
That's fair, but Gaborik should've texted him right away offering him #12.

The same thing I read said that Iggy didn't want to take #12, since Gaborik was wearing it. Don't know how legit the source is, but if this is the case then it continues to show what a classy guy Iggy is.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The same thing I read said that Iggy didn't want to take #12, since Gaborik was wearing it. Don't know how legit the source is, but if this is the case then it continues to show what a classy guy Iggy is.

A large part of me expected that this would be the case. But still disappointing that he won't be wearing #12.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is the photo floating around of Iggy as a kid wearing his Kings #88?

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Yay! We have avatars again. Made trying to find my own posts and then reading new ones after mine much more difficult.
Heh most people I recognize only by their writing style because I (usually) can't see the left bar.

So MonyontheMoney, okg, Angelsmith, Calculon and you are the only one I can tell right away.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Does anyone have #24 on the Kings? That was Iggy's number the first season he broke into the NHL. I've always wanted that jersey actually :laugh:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I could see that. I could almost even see part of the discussion relating to asking McPhee to ignore Stajan as well.

I think Stajan could be a fine winger for us for quite a while. The fact he can pitch in on C duties if needed is pure bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad