GDT: Toronto @ Philadelphia, Thursday March 14th. 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I think people need to relax about Benoit. The team brought in two new defensemen, so they will spend a few games trying different combinations. It's hardly a big deal, especially against a lower-end opponent like Philly.
Except this is Keefe. He will continue to juggle lines even into the playoffs. No one will have chemistry, confidence will be lost, and he will scramble until we’re eliminated.

Like seriously what contender doesn’t know what their bloody lines are by this point in the season? We don’t know a single line or pairing! And this isn’t new.

And wtf is this server maintence time? Why is the start and end times different time zones? Are the NHL refs running this place?

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Except this is Keefe. He will continue to juggle lines even into the playoffs. No one will have chemistry, confidence will be lost, and he will scramble until we’re eliminated.

Like seriously what contender doesn’t know what their bloody lines are by this point in the season? We don’t know a single line or pairing! And this isn’t new.

And wtf is this server maintence time? Why is the start and end times different time zones? Are the NHL refs running this place?
5 AM EDT - 9 AM GMT are the same time but in different time zones. That's when the server maintenance begins.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

What contender has Keefe as their coach by this point in the season?

horner

May 22, 2007
I think people need to relax about Benoit. The team brought in two new defensemen, so they will spend a few games tryinrg different combinations. It's hardly a big deal, especially against a lower-end opponent like Philly.
Brodie needs to be fresh for the playoffs . That's the only reason people are upst also Benoit has been one of our better dman.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Brodie needs to be fresh for the playoffs . That's the only reason people are upst also Benoit has been one of our better dman.
I understand the rest point, but the reality is that the games off will happen right at the end of the season. Still too early.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This break was much needed for the team. Hopefully they get rejuvinated again

This is also another PSA about the seaosn being too long. 82 games is ridiculous for NHL players

Personally I'd take less regular season games (about 70 odd only) and more playoff teams and games. But am pretty sure owners wouldn't wanna lose the extra revenue :dunno:

""

Ensue mass hand wringing, for those who don't like the lines.

Willy back with Tavares that should be fun LMAO :laugh:

Reactions: TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Personally I'd take less regular season games (about 70 odd only) and more playoff teams and games. But am pretty sure owners wouldn't wanna lose the extra revenue :dunno:

Willy back with Tavares that should be fun LMAO :laugh:
It’s a no-win with Keefer. Pretty obvious how much better Tavares plays with grinders on his line. The issue is the LW spot, Bertuzzi has just been murdering any line he’s been on…

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Interesting write up here on nhl. Found the Keefe quote hilarious :laugh:
1710390100994.png

Tavares quote was interesting at least to me. Good to see guys thinking about June ;)

1710390129018.png

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
""

Ensue mass hand wringing, for those who don't like the lines.

Tavares with Nylander
Knies with Kampf
Bertuzzi on the first line

Wow thats 3 huge disslikes out of 4 (have not payed enough attention to the fourth line to have a say)

Reactions: shaner8989

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
What should the lines be?
You could probably enter the names into some AI randomizer and come up with something that makes more sense than what Keefe is doing. The D choices and refusal to keep Tavares away from Nylander are infuriating. Marner is out he should be experimenting or keep things the same as last week with Robertson in Marner's slot. But I guess we'll have to see if things work out tonight. We win and I will eat my words.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I don't mind Benoit sitting right now. They have to give the new guys some time to gel. The cream will eventually rise and they have some control over his next couple years if he ends up the #7 guy for the season.

Reactions: Lauro

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
What contender has Keefe as their coach by this point in the season?
If Keefe got axed, we all onow where he’d end up, and no they won’t be a contender………

A tired Benoit is still leagues ahead of a fresh Brodie, that guy will end up being this years playoff goat, and in goat I mean the reason they lose…….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't love us spending assets to sit a player whose performing well above expectations in Benoit. It's not a good message.

Gregor has been terrible, at least he's sitting. Holmberg is a much better player and offers much more value
Keefe’s a demotivating coach, sucks the life out of the player and in response the team…….

Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad