GDT: Toronto @ Philadelphia, Thursday March 14th. 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
To be honest, I'm not sure home ice advantage in the playoffs is much of an advantage for this team. Look at our home vs away record the last few years.

I think we actually have a better chance of advancing in the first round as the underdog.
Sure, it’s more about playing for something down the stretch for me.

Reactions: Cleetus

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
1. David Kampf is the new Kerfoot for Keefe.
2. Benoit is better than Brodie but due to his Contract and name power we're gonna be forced to see Brodie in the lineup

Reactions: rumman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

Ensue mass hand wringing, for those who don't like the lines.

Last edited:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t mind Samsonov starting, since woll came back Samsonov is clearly playing much better hockey

You’ve given Sammy 2 easy starts and a hard one and he performed spectacularly in all 3

You’ve given woll 1 easy start and 2 hard starts and he’s performed once of the 3

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Why is it taking so long to put Gregor-Dewar-Holmberg together? We finally have the pieces for a fast fourth line you don’t have to shelter.

Reactions: REALTALK81

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
Also, important to remember, despite Sam rebounding he still ranks 50th out of 54 goalies SV% who’ve started at least 20 games, that’s how bad he was and how many points it cost us early.
I agreed with this at first glance cuz lets face it Sammy was abso-freaking-lutely terrible for a good stretch. But when we look at his overall record of 17 - 5 - 6 it seems the team won despite him on most occasions costing us very little pts wise. Lets say of the 5 that 2 were solely his fault and of the 6 otl 2 again were purely him. That's 6pts overall. Not great to lose out on but other goalies poop the bed on occasion as well.

Man was he bad though for a bit haha. If he and Woll can stand tall for us come playoffs I'll be one happy camper.

Love reading your posts btw. Top notch poster. I usually dont post a lot and just leark in the shadows nerding out and reading everything (besides Mess. Proper name for him haha).

Go Leafs Go!

Reactions: ACC1224

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
""

Ensue mass hand wringing, for those who don't like the lines.

Not a fan of these lines, I would go 11/7 to keep Benoit in, with Reaves coming out. I would also put Knies back in the top 6 (he'll be back there when Marner is healthy anyway) to bump Tavares to the 3rd line, so Keefe can keep running Tavares and Domi as the middle 6 Cs.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Jarnkrok
Knies-Domi-Nylander
McMann-Tavares
Dewar-Kampf-Holmberg

Brodie-McCabe
Rielly-Boosh
Edmundson-Liljegren
Benoit

I wouldn't have a problem with Tavares and Domi being back on a line together while Marner is out, but Keefe is playing Tavares at C and Domi at LW when it should be the other way around.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Why is it taking so long to put Gregor-Dewar-Holmberg together? We finally have the pieces for a fast fourth line you don’t have to shelter.
Good idea

• HFBoards will be doing server maintenance on Thursday March 14th, 2024 at 5 AM EDT - 9 AM GMT - We will experience downtime during this process. Thanks for your understanding.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Benoit being the odd man out now is a joke. He's better than anyone not named Rielly or McCabe. I also don't like how we treated Lagesson. He played his ass off when others were hurt them we dump him off for a tank team to grab. Sad
I know Treliving is not the coach, but he’s gotta find it frustrating that his best signing (debatably only good signing) is sitting out.

Reactions: rumman

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I know Treliving is not the coach, but he’s gotta find it frustrating that his best signing (debatably only good signing) is sitting out.
It'd be weird for a GM to acquire two Dmen this late in the season without talking to the coach about a plan of who plays and who they're comfortable with

Reactions: ACC1224 and horner

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I agreed with this at first glance cuz lets face it Sammy was abso-freaking-lutely terrible for a good stretch. But when we look at his overall record of 17 - 5 - 6 it seems the team won despite him on most occasions costing us very little pts wise. Lets say of the 5 that 2 were solely his fault and of the 6 otl 2 again were purely him. That's 6pts overall. Not great to lose out on but other goalies poop the bed on occasion as well.

Man was he bad though for a bit haha. If he and Woll can stand tall for us come playoffs I'll be one happy camper.

Love reading your posts btw. Top notch poster. I usually dont post a lot and just leark in the shadows nerding out and reading everything (besides Mess. Proper name for him haha).

Go Leafs Go!
That right there puts us with Boston, which was the post I responded to, their stellar goaltending.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
This is the same BS as last year with D. We get McCabe and Schenn, then pick up Gustafsson. So then we're overloaded with healthy D, so we start running 11/7, screwing everybody up. This year, we have a solid 6th D (Benoit) but we go out and get 2 more. Both need to play, so the solid 6th gets dumped for a kid (Lilj) who's looks lost and a vet who can't play anymore...both of whom the coach refuses to sit for one reason or another. If we start going to 11/7 again, which is a mess, we're done. Keefe has to go.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think people need to relax about Benoit. The team brought in two new defensemen, so they will spend a few games trying different combinations. It's hardly a big deal, especially against a lower-end opponent like Philly.

Reactions: Lauro

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
To be honest, I'm not sure home ice advantage in the playoffs is much of an advantage for this team. Look at our home vs away record the last few years.

I think we actually have a better chance of advancing in the first round as the underdog.
You're in luck! Keefe places this team as the underdog every night and lets the opposing coach dictate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad