GDT: Toronto @ Philadelphia, Thursday March 14th. 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don’t hate our schedule for the rest of the year, with Boston getting smoked last night, it is still a faint carrot to keep us hungry down the stretch. If we win our games in hand, we’re only 3 back. I know, I know lol.
I think Matthews will go back on a tear with games against Philly, New Jersey, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Washington and Montreal, so the Leafs should pile up a bunch of wins just based on weak opponents.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don’t hate our schedule for the rest of the year, with Boston getting smoked last night, it is still a faint carrot to keep us hungry down the stretch. If we win our games in hand, we’re only 3 back. I know, I know lol.

Something doesn’t add up about Boston. They have looked mid for a while, yet they have 90+ points?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Something doesn’t add up about Boston. They have looked mid for a while, yet they have 90+ points?
So good early on, but pretty pedestrian since. I really wasn’t overwhelmed by them those two games, we were our own worst enemies there. That said, they do have supreme confidence against us, we have to earn respect there for sure.

I think Matthews will go back on a tear with games against Philly, New Jersey, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Washington and Montreal, so the Leafs should pile up a bunch of wins just based on weak opponents.
Yep, it’s a pretty decent calendar to make some hay.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
So good early on, but pretty pedestrian since. I really wasn’t overwhelmed by them those two games, we were our own worst enemies there. That said, they do have supreme confidence against us, we have to earn respect there for sure.

Yep, it’s a pretty decent calendar to make some hay.
The games in hand will make things interesting. It's not an insurmountable deficit.

Reactions: banks

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
We’re on a collision course with Boston for the playoffs. Odds are pretty strong we will draw them in the first round. Despite their loss last night, Boston seems to have our number yet again this year. Before the Lightning were determined as a playoff matchup, Initially I felt better about facing anyone, including Boston, last year with the additions of O'Rielly, Schenn and Acciari (Lafferty, Aston-Reese, Simmonds, Holl, Timmins were scratched for the series winning game over the Lightning) ERIK GUSTAFSSON played a minor role.

Gone are Bunting, Kerfoot, O'Rielly, Schenn, Acciari, Lafferty, Aston-Reese, Simmonds, Holl,

We’ve added Bertuzzi, Domi, Dewar, McMann, Holmberg, Reaves, then Edmundson, Benoit and Lyabushkin on D.

Remains to be seen if Dewar can turn into a younger version of Acciari, or Lyabushkin can have the same effect as Schenn. Knies having the experience of a year will help him and the bigger bodies of Edmundson, Benoit, all around grittier additions and recent play of Domi, Bertuzzi, McMann, and even Reaves in a limited role (Maroon on the fight card again), are all players who could excel in playoffs.

It will be interesting to see the playoff versions of our additions. They all seem to be that type that steps up when things get rough.

Bunting getting targeting for penalties will not be missed.

Reactions: Frostitute

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It is pretty crazy when you get some top end consistent goaltending what it can do.
Also, important to remember, despite Sam rebounding he still ranks 50th out of 54 goalies SV% who’ve started at least 20 games, that’s how bad he was and how many points it cost us early.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This break was much needed for the team. Hopefully they get rejuvinated again

This is also another PSA about the seaosn being too long. 82 games is ridiculous for NHL players

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Also, important to remember, despite Sam rebounding he still ranks 50th out of 54 goalies SV% who’ve started at least 20 games, that’s how bad he was and how many points it cost us early.
How many? Sammy was terrible but we still won mostly when he played so this doesn't seem to be true at all.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
To be honest, I'm not sure home ice advantage in the playoffs is much of an advantage for this team. Look at our home vs away record the last few years.

I think we actually have a better chance of advancing in the first round as the underdog.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
15 overtime losses will do that, HF was having a meltdown about the Leafs and how much regulation wins matter so I guess that is just as important ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad