GDT: Toronto @ Philadelphia, Thursday March 14th. 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
6th on the team in Points/60... which is pretty solid... better than Knies. I'm not saying he's been better than Knies, but in that stat he's done very well. He does need to tighten his game up, and he needs to work on his shot accuracy. He is starting to get shots off now, and if he can improve his placement, he's going to be quite effective. 0.5 PPG in 11 minutes a game is pretty decent. But yes, we do need to see more at both ends.
The whole team need to work on their shot accuracy. Whenever we enter the offensive zone I say: "Okay, shinpad snipe or good ol' Phaneuf high n' wide coming right up". It usually happens unfortunately.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Reactions: arso40

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Am I the only 1 that thinks McCabe and Rielly should be paired together? I think Edmonson is a good fit with Liljegren then they can rotate Brodie, Benoit, and Boosh to see what pairing works best.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Benoit is back baby!

I can't believe McCabe didn't miss games sooner. That guy gets his face smashed in every game.
Well it’s a maintenance day for a practice. He is not necessarily missing a game. You’re right though he’s been a warrior and has come out to playay.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
You'd think with the Marner injury, not would be a good time to give Robertson a chance back in the lineup. Maybe you can try:

Robertson/Bert- Matthews - Nylander
Bert/Robertson - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Knies - Domi - Mcmann
Holmberg-Kampf-Dewar/Reaves

Lets Robertson get a shot at some offensive minutes with some talent. I liked the 3rd line last game but I think holmberg-kampf-dewar could be a decent shutdown 4th line.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Flyers certainly seem to have come crashing back down to Earth. Their goaltending situation definitely took a wrong turn this season....

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
You'd think with the Marner injury, not would be a good time to give Robertson a chance back in the lineup. Maybe you can try:

Robertson/Bert- Matthews - Nylander
Bert/Robertson - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Knies - Domi - Mcmann
Holmberg-Kampf-Dewar/Reaves

Lets Robertson get a shot at some offensive minutes with some talent. I liked the 3rd line last game but I think holmberg-kampf-dewar could be a decent shutdown 4th line.
It’s been a while since we saw

Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok

I believe because Jarny got injured. But they had their moments.

That would leave

Knies-JT-McMann

Which is exactly the type of wingers JT needs. That line actually sounds great.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah Im confused that Robertson isn't in the lineup replacing marner. This is an ideal situation to put him in.

Robertston needs top 6 minutues to really succeed. He's not 4th line material at all so I dont know when he's gonna get playing time again.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Word on the street is he stole Keefes dessert at a dinner.
If that is true, Robertson can go to hll! There are some lines u just dont cross. He should be happy hes not been traded! Must have happened after the trade deadline. :D

Reactions: TMLife17

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I dont like that Keefe instinctively put Nylander and Bert on the first line. Put Knies and mcmann with Matthews , make him work a little. Nylander with ironhook and Bert "the toothless cobra" or Domi , ironhook is needed for better D.
Tavares with whats left.

To easy to just shut down the team when both goalscorers are on the same line.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I don’t hate our schedule for the rest of the year, with Boston getting smoked last night, it is still a faint carrot to keep us hungry down the stretch. If we win our games in hand, we’re only 3 back. I know, I know lol.

Reactions: banks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad