Mattias Ekholm
Mikael Granlund (50% retained)

Nashville Predators

Alex Kerfoot
Frederik Andersen
Nik Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Leafs' 1st & 2nd round picks of 2020.
So who is the 2020 pick Abramov and whoever they picked in 2nd.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Think Preds would get more piecing them out.
I thought so to but I'm not sure

Amirov(15th) + leafs 2nd pick is pretty close to what muzzin got. More quality less quantity. Amirov is better then a 2 b prospects IMHO, he probably rose his draft stock with his play in the khl.

Liljegren+Robertson is very good for granlund and Saros. Robertson is also an A prospect like Amriov both very close to blue chip. Lilejgrens values varies a lot but imo i value him higher then Sandin and think he could be the real leafs best prospect.

Amdersen has negative value and kerfoot is still a player and value from zero to a 3rd round pick.

I think Nashville could get more quantity elsewhere but not as much quality. Leafs give up 3/4 best prospects, which is a good haul imo.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
i mean... its a lot of value coming back but a lot of good players coming our way.

i would prefer the retention to be on Ekholm instead tbh.

i always like to break these bigger trades down so:

1st = Saros

Kerfoot + 2nd = Granlund

Robertson + Liljegren + Andersen = Ekholm

seems steep on the Ekholm part. maybe remove Liljegren or the 1st.

I would almost prefer Forsberg due to the expasion draft looming

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
i mean... its a lot of value coming back but a lot of good players coming our way.

i would prefer the retention to be on Ekholm instead tbh.

i always like to break these bigger trades down so:

1st = Saros

Kerfoot + 2nd = Granlund

Robertson + Liljegren + Andersen = Ekholm

seems steep on the Ekholm part. maybe remove Liljegren or the 1st.

I would almost prefer Forsberg due to the expasion draft looming
I think granlund is worth more than a 2nd and kerfoot. Andersen is essentially a dump at this point and has negative value if you go by the Toronto board has cost you games.
So Robertson + liljegren for Ekholm + Andersen. Versus 1st and good prospects as teams are competing for Ekholm.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Thats a lot of value going Nashville’s way. I hate to trade saros though but I think that’s a deal I can’t really say no to (even though I really don’t want Kerfoot or Andersen)

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I thought so to but I'm not sure

Amirov(15th) + leafs 2nd pick is pretty close to what muzzin got. More quality less quantity. Amirov is better then a 2 b prospects IMHO, he probably rose his draft stock with his play in the khl.

Liljegren+Robertson is very good for granlund and Saros. Robertson is also an A prospect like Amriov both very close to blue chip. Lilejgrens values varies a lot but imo i value him higher then Sandin and think he could be the real leafs best prospect.

Amdersen has negative value and kerfoot is still a player and value from zero to a 3rd round pick.

I think Nashville could get more quantity elsewhere but not as much quality. Leafs give up 3/4 best prospects, which is a good haul imo.
Depends when it says 2020 whether that was a typo and meant to be 2021. A b prospect is like a second and LA got 2. I don’t value liljegren as high as Sandin.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I think granlund is worth more than a 2nd and kerfoot. Andersen is essentially a dump at this point and has negative value if you go by the Toronto board has cost you games.
So Robertson + liljegren for Ekholm + Andersen. Versus 1st and good prospects as teams are competing for Ekholm.
yeah Granlund is worth somewhere in between a 2nd and Liljegren. theres enough value in there to fill in the gap.

Andersen isnt negative value, he is expiring and is owed barely any actual cash the rest of the year i believe, his cap hit is $5 million but salary is $1 million. he is simply here for cap purposes not as a negative asset.

I for one would love Saros and would trade a 1st for him in a heartbeat even if thats a bit steep.

i dont think Ekholm is worth Robertson and Liljegren, he could maybe get Robertson but i would rather get Forsberg if we're moving Robertson.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
yeah Granlund is worth somewhere in between a 2nd and Liljegren. theres enough value in there to fill in the gap.

Andersen isnt negative value, he is expiring and is owed barely any actual cash the rest of the year i believe, his cap hit is $5 million but salary is $1 million. he is simply here for cap purposes not as a negative asset.

I for one would love Saros and would trade a 1st for him in a heartbeat even if thats a bit steep.

i dont think Ekholm is worth Robertson and Liljegren, he could maybe get Robertson but i would rather get Forsberg if we're moving Robertson.
I think Andersen is negative value. If your team is losing because of you. You are negative value.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I think Andersen is negative value. If your team is losing because of you. You are negative value.
trade value wise, not on ice value. and he isnt as bad as advertised, he also admitted to playing injured.

he's honestly the least important piece here. his money is just there to make the trade viable. theres no positive or negative value.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Toronto Maple Leafs
Juuse Saros
Mattias Ekholm

Nashville Predators

Alex Kerfoot
Frederik Andersen
Nik Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Leafs' 1st & 2nd round picks of 2021.

What would you add if Nashville ate more? Saros is an RFA. (1.5 mil)?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There's not enough coming back for us to swallow Kerfoot and Andersen. Robertson, Liljegren, and the 1st is what I'd want for Ekholm alone. Then you add two negative value dumps and a 2nd for Granlund and Saros? No thanks.

Some other team might have a use for Kerfoot or Andersen, though, who knows. So trade them elsewhere separately, then revisit this deal without them included, maybe? :dunno:

Reactions: Space umpire

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
There's not enough coming back for us to swallow Kerfoot and Andersen. Robertson, Liljegren, and the 1st is what I'd want for Ekholm alone. Then you add two negative value dumps and a 2nd for Granlund and Saros? No thanks.

Some other team might have a use for Kerfoot or Andersen, though, who knows. So trade them elsewhere separately, then revisit this deal without them included, maybe? :dunno:

That's about 3x what Muzzin returned for the same amount of term in a seller's market without an expansion draft + flat cap, you're high.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014

Why is Saros available? Is Nashville headed for a rebuild? What would the price be for just Saros?

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

seriously??? thats a bit extreme

Kerfoot is not a bad contract and Andersen is expiring.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That's about 3x what Muzzin returned for the same amount of term in a seller's market without an expansion draft + flat cap, you're high.
Muzzin got the exact same thing, a 1st and 2 prospects. The expansion draft and cap are no issue for us, tough luck for you if they are for you. You're low.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Toronto Maple Leafs
Juuse Saros
Mattias Ekholm

Nashville Predators

Alex Kerfoot
Frederik Andersen
Nik Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Leafs' 1st & 2nd round picks of 2021.
I think it is too much for the Leafs. Besides, why would get another goalie?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
seriously??? thats a bit extreme

Kerfoot is not a bad contract and Andersen is expiring.
Kerfoot is a bad contract to us, since we don't want him, ditto Andersen since we don't want to pay the money left on his contract. If we want him later, we'd just try to sign him in the off-season. Just take them out of this deal, is all. If they do have value like you say, somebody else will surely take them, and even give you something for them, right? Just not us.

Reactions: Dache

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Liljegren and Robertson are both individually more valuable than Grundstrom + Durzi combined, by quite a bit at that.
Agreed, but Ekholm is also significantly more valuable than Muzzin was at the time, since we can easily re-sign Ekholm for our team below market value. We have no pressure or desire to trade Ekholm. You're coming after him under different circumstances, so the price needs to be significantly higher. Just because you stole Muzzin doesn't mean you get to do it again that easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad