Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Tanks @ The Calgary Flames - 7PM SNW ON TUESDAY 100TG

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
:laugh: It's like people have already forgotten how old our old rosters were. Hartley isn't perfect but Dutter was our coach the last time we made it to the second round was he not?

Yup. Fans are frustrated, I know I am. Too much expectations after last season and the coach is and always will be the easiest target, some people just have a hard time seeing we have a mediocre roster that even at its top, is very raw and green.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yup. Fans are frustrated, I know I am. Too much expectations after last season and the coach is and always will be the easiest target, some people just have a hard time seeing we have a mediocre roster that even at its top, is very raw and green.

To be honest had it not been for our goalies forgetting how to play for the first month I think we would be in a similar situation to last year. It's to bad we seem to only be able to focus on negatives.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To be honest had it not been for our goalies forgetting how to play for the first month I think we would be in a similar situation to last year. It's to bad we seem to only be able to focus on negatives.
i think the problems were defensive to start the year. Gio was just returning from a long term injury, Brodie was out, Hamilton was adjusting to the team. It is no coincidence things turned around when those 3 things changed.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
i think the problems were defensive to start the year. Gio was just returning from a long term injury, Brodie was out, Hamilton was adjusting to the team. It is no coincidence things turned around when those 3 things changed.

Your right. Hiller and Ramo were not playing this well that first month, but I forgot about Brodie which is probably the biggest reason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Your right. Hiller and Ramo were not playing this well that first month, but I forgot about Brodie which is probably the biggest reason.
there were multiple factors, the goaltending did struggle for sure but I feel like it was a case of them trying to do more than they are capable and any player regardless of position will struggle if they do not play within themselves.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
there were multiple factors, the goaltending did struggle for sure but I feel like it was a case of them trying to do more than they are capable and any player regardless of position will struggle if they do not play within themselves.

That could be, i'm willing to admit I don't like Hiller and simply want him gone so it could be my bias.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That could be, i'm willing to admit I don't like Hiller and simply want him gone so it could be my bias.
I like Hiller but don't like Ramo, objectively they are pretty equal. I think we are better without either of them

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I like Hiller but don't like Ramo, objectively they are pretty equal. I think we are better without either of them

Can't stand Hiller's blocking style, it makes it much harder on a team defensively to constantly have to be worried about rebounds. I like Ramo he isn't amazing but his style is more effective for this team imo.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Because that's what everyone was saying in the off season.

Oh no wait, that was everyone but Flames fans. :facepalm: :laugh:

Regression? What regression? The Flames are no Avalanche or Maple Leafs; they're only going to get better.

The Flames suck? Oh, that's no surprise; the roster is still very raw.

Nice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because that's what everyone was saying in the off season.

Oh no wait, that was everyone but Flames fans. :facepalm: :laugh:

Regression? What regression? The Flames are no Avalanche or Maple Leafs; they're only going to get better.

The Flames suck? Oh, that's no surprise; the roster is still very raw.

Nice.
No one said there would be no regression, they said claiming the Flames would regress because others did is stupid, which it is. What other teams did in the past has no bearing on the Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Can't stand Hiller's blocking style, it makes it much harder on a team defensively to constantly have to be worried about rebounds. I like Ramo he isn't amazing but his style is more effective for this team imo.
what style? flail around and see how he can lose his net? :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Atleast he is looking for the puck Hiller sits there throws his shoulders up and that is it. Hiller is a glorified wooden board he simply doesn't move. I think we can agree that we need another goalie long term.
like I said, I think it's time to replace both

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

tumblr_m7y4p3aQ4I1r1wpid.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good on the kids for stepping up to their mistake. I expect a good response from them and the message was received loud and clear.

Is anyone starting to think that Johnny might be the next captain over Monahan? Johnny has really stepped up his leadership IMO.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
So after watching the apology video, does anyone know any further what kind of rules they broke? Late for practice type thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad