Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 3/30/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm am so happy whenever we beat the Sens or the Habs. It's just an amazing feeling.

Leafs win ~4-2.

Up 3-0, they score 2, we score in the 3rd...game over!

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
leafs_kid_2_medium.0_standard_709.0.gif

The boy after lupul's goal. So awesome.

Looks like he forgot he had the foam hand on and went for the high five :laugh:

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
it is again lose - lose situation for Leafers living in Ottawa. :laugh:

If we win: "... if we only had all our injured guys in the lineup...." :sarcasm:

If we lose: "... just imagine if we had our all injured guys in the lineup..." :sarcasm:

Most Sens fans HATE us... fans, city..etc... They still didn't recover after 4 years ars whooping... It is very difficult to have any sort of constructive conversation with them.... I guess it comes with territory..

It won't be an easy game, hopefully will win somehow... :handclap:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Dion Phaneuf is the Dark Knight.

000hctfysy2.jpg

That looks exactly like Phaneuf's bottom half of the face. Not even kidding.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
it is again lose - lose situation for Leafers living in Ottawa. :laugh:

If we win: "... if we only had all our injured guys in the lineup...." :sarcasm:

If we lose: "... just imagine if we had our all injured guys in the lineup..." :sarcasm:

Most Sens fans HATE us... fans, city..etc... They still didn't recover after 4 years ars whooping... It is very difficult to have any sort of constructive conversation with them.... I guess it comes with territory..

It won't be an easy game, hopefully will win somehow... :handclap:

I hope we meet the Sens in the playoffs. Would be nice to kick them out again and make it 5-0 in playoff series against them.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Dion Phaneuf is the Dark Knight.

000hctfysy2.jpg

That looks exactly like Phaneuf's bottom half of the face. Not even kidding.

It is freaky...Our friend the dark knight might want to also chime in on this lol.

I think the reason it's similar is due to Phaneuf's cheek being destroyed from that slapper and now he has that style of jaw lol

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Got a group of 30 mostly family going 20+ Leaf fans. A few neices and nephews married poorly! Going to be fun.

Sounds like a grand time. Have a good time! Shun the non Leafs fans.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Big Game. Every game can be seen as a must win now since they're all within the conference. Really don't understand how the sens are winning games but i'm expecting them to get their ***** handed to them tomorrow.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
PRE GAME NOTES
Carlyle's key points from today's interview:
Gardiner needs to play better defensively. We are here to win games and we need him to be better. Not developing his game as we are looking to lock it down. Saying he has handled like a pro.
Lupul is likely going to be on Kadri line yet again as he believes they have something special and wants to spread out the offense. However if all is going down hill and we need that spark will put him back with Kessel line.
JVR needs use his body more and he will get going eventually. Speed, taking bodies and getting to the dirty areas.

---
Gards later on admitted that he needs to learn how to close out his opponent as this is a different league and obvious more skilled. He wasn't doing so last year and needs to do so more now. Randy wants him to finish his checks, not exactly make big hits. However get wiser defensively and using his stick properly.
---
6 goals, 12 assists, 18 points: Numbers for Phil Kessel in March. AKA Kessel is on fire, and soon enough will get going scoring goals wise.
21: Points for Dion Phaneuf this season, tied for seventh-best among all NHL defenders.
We are also on a 7 game point streak, with a record of 4-0-3.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
man that sounds so awesome! Enjoy it and go crazy! Boo alfie extra hard as well :laugh:

Yeah we will, we intend to be loud and fun hopefully the home folks take it for what it is, no malice intended. Even the inevitable Alfie booing has become very jokey, last time I was there almost everyone was good natured about it. I think it'll be fine as long as the game isn't a blowout, being Saturday night and all. If there's trouble it won't be from us.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I was thinking the same thing. I think if we get 1 point that would be the best outcome.

I just want them to win because every win gets them closer to clinching a playoff spot. You can't be picky as to who you'd rather face in the playoffs when you have not clinched a spot yet. Worry about the opponent once they clinch.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
PRE GAME NOTES
Carlyle's key points from today's interview:
Gardiner needs to play better defensively. We are here to win games and we need him to be better. Not developing his game as we are looking to lock it down. Saying he has handled like a pro.
Lupul is likely going to be on Kadri line yet again as he believes they have something special and wants to spread out the offense. However if all is going down hill and we need that spark will put him back with Kessel line.
JVR needs use his body more and he will get going eventually. Speed, taking bodies and getting to the dirty areas.

---
Gards later on admitted that he needs to learn how to close out his opponent as this is a different league and obvious more skilled. He wasn't doing so last year and needs to do so more now. Randy wants him to finish his checks, not exactly make big hits. However get wiser defensively and using his stick properly.
---
6 goals, 12 assists, 18 points: Numbers for Phil Kessel in March. AKA Kessel is on fire, and soon enough will get going scoring goals wise.
21: Points for Dion Phaneuf this season, tied for seventh-best among all NHL defenders.
We are also on a 7 game point streak, with a record of 4-0-3.
I'm hoping to see that Lupul-Kadri chemistry come back. Apparently they get along really well off ice also.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm hoping to see that Lupul-Kadri chemistry come back. Apparently they get along really well off ice also.

Lupul has been a mentor for Kadri and has taken him under his wing so no surprise. So I hope so too. I also want the third line going, Grabo, and Frattin also needs to pick up their gear.

I don't think I need to mention JVR anymore...it's pretty visible or in his case...invisible.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Lupul has been a mentor for Kadri and has taken him under his wing so no surprise. So I hope so too. I also want the third line going, Grabo, and Frattin also needs to pick up their gear.

I don't think I need to mention JVR anymore...it's pretty visible or in his case...invisible.

I think since the benching he's played great, especially against the Canes.

JVR is still a young player playing on the top line, he's adjusting like a lot of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad