Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Edmonton Oilers | TUE OCT 29 9PM (EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs are starting to get healthy again, best news is that we have 2 bottom feeding teams next up, Oilers and Flames, golden opportunity to bank 4 points boys.

Asif16*

The ACC just doesnt have that vibe. Doesnt have to be crazy loud all the time, but just that vibe like they have in Montreal, is just missing.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
The ACC just doesnt have that vibe. Doesnt have to be crazy loud all the time, but just that vibe like they have in Montreal, is just missing.

3000 more people roughly. But I agree I thought the ACC was awful on Saturday.

You'd think now that the team is owned by two muti billion dollar telecommunications companies who's main source of revenue is not the team, They could give fans a break on ticket prices now.

There's a job for you Timmy.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

You'd think now that the team is owned by two muti billion dollar telecommunications companies who's main source of revenue is not the team, They could give fans a break on ticket prices now.

Why should they? If there's a demand for it (and there is), why would they lower prices?

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010

I'm still waiting for him to get the fans seated before the periods start. Whatever his plan was its not working very good

Penalty Kill Icing*

Expect Oilers goalie to be Richard Bachman.

He had .979 sv% tonight in the shootout loss. (47/48 saves)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I hope Reimer gets the start... Bernier has been great but Reimer has been excellent him self. Give Reimer Edmonton so he can build of last game and give Bernier the Calgary game.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
ah Reimer is tipping the scale

wonder if BERNIER can BOUNCE BACK and take the wheel
hahahahahahahahahahaha

cant wait until Clarky puts up points

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Why should they? If there's a demand for it (and there is), why would they lower prices?

Oh I know demand is high; But it's not like we have to pump money into the OTTP anymore. With the amount Rogers and Bell make per year it makes the profits the Leafs make almost inconsequential.

They'd buy a lot of good will if they did. But I thought for a Saturday that game was very bad in terms of the atmosphere.

Phil Collins

Mar 5, 2013
Sunnyvale NS
Despite the leafs having no rivalry with the oilers or myself with other oiler fans, I find myself cheering against them like the Sens or the Habs. I can't stand to see a team like the oilers with no heart and such wasted talent. RNH and yak should be ashamed of themselves in particular.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Oh I know demand is high; But it's not like we have to pump money into the OTTP anymore. With the amount Rogers and Bell make per year it makes the profits the Leafs make almost inconsequential.

They'd buy a lot of good will if they did. But I thought for a Saturday that game was very bad in terms of the atmosphere.

No profit is inconsequential to Rogers and Bell. The PR would be astronomical, but to what end really? They've already got most of the customer base locked in to contracts and it doesn't win them much in the long term. It might serve to soften their image to the countless ex-customers that feel scorned by them, but it certainly isn't going to make people switch back. From their standpoint, they've got a strong enough demand to fill up the stadium with high rollers AND sell concessions/beer/merch like crazy.

I really wish they would just chuck the risk management concerns and drop beer prices to $6 for a pint. Now THAT would get the crowd into it. :D

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Despite the leafs having no rivalry with the oilers or myself with other oiler fans, I find myself cheering against them like the Sens or the Habs. I can't stand to see a team like the oilers with no heart and such wasted talent. RNH and yak should be ashamed of themselves in particular.

All of my buddies are so in aw of Hall RNH and Eberle. The only one I personally think is wasted on that team is Eberle, he's shown he wants to be out there competing every night. The Oilers had so much potential (still do) but so far management has fully failed that team.

In my opinion, nothing about them says "winners" and they're potentially ruining there talent by forcing them into the NHL causing injuries and losing tendencies. They should have drafted Murray Reinheart Rielly Trouba or Galchnyuk instead of Yak, but yet again failed to put the franchise in a position to succeed.

780rx

May 4, 2013
What are your guys thoughts with the oilers goaltending situation? I didn't see the game but I just saw the stats. Obviously very good numbers but I couldn't tell if the goalie was "good" or just taking easier shots. It'll be interesting to see how he plays next game. I think a quickie (which the leafs are typically good at) could completely throw him off.

I'm excited for this week! Game in edmonton then drive I Calgary the next day!

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
What are your guys thoughts with the oilers goaltending situation? I didn't see the game but I just saw the stats. Obviously very good numbers but I couldn't tell if the goalie was "good" or just taking easier shots. It'll be interesting to see how he plays next game. I think a quickie (which the leafs are typically good at) could completely throw him off.

I'm excited for this week! Game in edmonton then drive I Calgary the next day!

Both goaltenders have been pretty awful this year.

Dubnyk struggled early and hasn't regained any confidence back. Labarbera is basically a career back-up but has had to play a lot in the early season.

Bachman got called up to play against LA last night and was actually pretty good. I watched a majority of the game and the team was battling infront of him. Made some good positional saves and the one goal that he did let in, he was being screened by Frattin.

We'll see how long Dubnyk is out for, but likely will be back to play the Leafs

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Original thread name was much better, who changed it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mr Scarface*

Expect Oilers goalie to be Richard Bachman.

He had .979 sv% tonight in the shootout loss. (47/48 saves)
Expect those numbers to be getting down as Bachman faces the hardest team in the league. Us.

Oilers as a group will be down too after we'll pummel them.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

I do agree with you but if you've ever had the displeasure of dealing with Rogers regarding anything, you'll know that they just do not care at all. I don't know if it is just their staff or a company mantra but they can be downright vile.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I do agree with you but if you've ever had the displeasure of dealing with Rogers regarding anything, you'll know that they just do not care at all. I don't know if it is just their staff or a company mantra but they can be downright vile.

lol yeup! i know people who flat out refuse to buy roger products for that exact reason.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Where were you sitting? It was pretty good and has been most of the year, near me.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If we have a full healthy line-up this what I want it to be:

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bozak-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin
Ashton-McClement-Orr/McLaren

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Rielly-Franson
Gardiner-Fraser

Reimer
Bernier

I prefer the above changes.
Especially on the Reimer change. He's done nothing but win so far, though not as pretty in net as bernier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad