Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Edmonton Oilers | TUE OCT 29 9PM (EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
An 8 year old works moderation at HF, awesome. :sarcasm:

yesss-this-episode-was-awesome-haha.jpeg

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
"Omg how could you want Bozak on the first line! :rant:"-85% of the people here.

Okay, then. Let me ask you this. Would you rather have this as your top 6:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin

or this.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bozak-Kulemin

I would rather have a more balance line-up than have all of our offensive players on one line that can be shut down by teams like St.Louis, Boston, etc.

People who want Kadri as our 1C right now doesn't see the big picture. Sure Kadri can be top C once in a while, but what happens if JVR-Kadri-Kessel line doesn't produce? I don't 2nd line can productive against good teams especially in the playoffs.

Right now, Lupul and Kadri have great chemistry with each other and I certainly don't want them separated when we have a full line-up.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
I think bozak would be better with lups neway as lups is more of a straightline guy than pphil or jvr

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I think bozak would be better with lups neway as lups is more of a straightline guy than pphil or jvr

Idk, about that but Lupul has amazing chemistry with Kadri. Plus, I don't think Carlyle will ever break up JVR-Bozak-Kessel unless Nonis brings in a clear upgrade at 1C.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I'm hoping we see another good defensive effort and crush Edmonton's soul. No mercy.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
Ashton - McClement - McLaren
Orr

Get healthy boys! Make it happen!

Asif16*

My guess (just for fun)

I think Lupul and Fraser will be back for the edmonton game.

Kulemin will be back for the canucks game

TML 13

Oct 19, 2013
We should be able to win if we get good/great goaltending. We know that Edmonton's goaltending and D are terrible.

Don't forget good D. Edmonton's offense is stacked. That game vs them is still fresh in my mind.Gonna need the D to step up too.

Asif16*

We should be able to win if we get good/great goaltending. We know that Edmonton's goaltending and D are terrible.

Our D is pretty capable of playing terrible too lol. Remember the oilers game a couple of weeks ago?

EDDIE20*

I'd be very happy to win this one in regulation. I hope they use tonight's game as motivation.

Asif16*

The thing is that, even if our D plays like trash we have goalies who can steal a game for us. Edmonton does not. Therein lies the difference.

Yeah i understand and completely agree with you, but again ill just point out the last game vs the oilers.

We had to rely on last min goal to tie the game. Oilers were fully capable of winning the game and almost did.

All im saying, is that we cant take this team lightly at all. Gotta come out and grind out another one. You just know the oilers will try get revenge on us, this time at home. Dallas eakins will have them ready

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
10 PM AST start and I have an 8:30 AM lecture the next morning :(

Reimer should get the start, hopefully we keep up the positive momentum from the Pens game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Can't take the Oilers lightly, goaltending has let them down this year but even still they've played well in a lot of their games and have a lot of firepower. Last game was just a total **** show, need to play tighter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad