Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Edmonton Oilers | TUE OCT 29 9PM (EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs beat Pens. Habs lose. Bruins lose. Wings lose. It's a nice view from the top!

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
If we can shut down Eberle and RNH this game, we should be able to handle the Oilers. Dion can beat the crap out of RNH all game long and Rielly + Franson should be able to take care of the Eberle line. If our D can hold off their offense, then this has the possibility of being a blowout in favor of the Leafs.

Hoping Kule will be back next game, same with Lupes and Fraser.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel - #1A line with nifty mittens and crazy snipers. And SPEED that can't be matched by the Oilers D
Lupes - Bolland - Clarkson - #1B line we can throw out against the Oilers RNH line.
Raymond - McClement - Kulemin - Offensive black hole/ shutdown line.
McLaren - Smith - Ashton/ Bodie - 4 mins of fame line

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Rielly - Franson
Gards - Fraser
Ranger

Reimer
Bernier

Last edited:

Tyler Biggs*

It's just a matter of time before the Leafs start playing like they did in the playoffs. They need to play a rough and tumble game to be successful, that is their identity.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I think Reimer will play, and he will make sure he does better then Bernier did last time. Not that Bernier did that bad. And if Bernier goes in, he knows he has to do better. We will win this one.

Asif16*

RNH taken out after clifford hit.

We may face a even weaker team now with Hall and RNH gone...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I hope that the Leafs take advantage on the the western road trip - because it seems at times going out west really put the skids on our season. if we can do 2-1 that sets us up lovely for our tough Eastern Battles.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I hope that the Leafs take advantage on the the western road trip - because it seems at times going out west really put the skids on our season. if we can do 2-1 that sets us up lovely for our tough Eastern Battles.

Win against Edmonton and Vancouver, lose to Calgary.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Win against Edmonton and Vancouver, lose to Calgary.

I really hope we beat Calgary - (i mean I'm confident in it) but if we had to lose one - I'd rather lose to Edmonton (and smash Vancouver). I don't want to go to work thursday, if we lost.

SteveV*

I think Reimer will play, and he will make sure he does better then Bernier did last time. Not that Bernier did that bad. And if Bernier goes in, he knows he has to do better. We will win this one.

Have to go with Reimer.

As an aside, nice to see some of the bloom coming off Saint Dallas, the wonder boy.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
As long as we don't play as ****** as last time we should be fine. I know it should be an easy game however we always take teams for granted and screw us over.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I hope we come out hitting and fighting right away. We're a pretty big, intimidating team, while Edmonton are pretty small and soft, we need to use that to our advantage. We have a tendency to play down to the level of bad teams that are defensively weak but somewhat talented offensively, so hopefully we don't do that against the Coilers.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
That was weird. Anyways, please keep your posts about hockey. That's what these boards are about, not philosophy of life.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Edmonton seemed to be a negative turning point before. I hope we play a better game overall against these guys.

Be nice if we had a few bodies like Lupul in the lineup as well.

Figure after the last game Reimer will get his crack at these guys. Just have to find a way to win and hopefully Kessel's hot streak keeps on going.

TML 13

Oct 19, 2013
Edmonton seemed to be a negative turning point before. I hope we play a better game overall against these guys.

Be nice if we had a few bodies like Lupul in the lineup as well.

Figure after the last game Reimer will get his crack at these guys. Just have to find a way to win and hopefully Kessel's hot streak keeps on going.

Kessel plays like he has last two games then he will eat EDM D up. Compared to PIT and ANA it's not as good.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Leaf fans inside the ACC need to be louder. That is all.

No kidding. Leafs fans in Columbus were louder during a loss than Saturday night's crowd.

What the heck happened to the ACC? Maybe I'm just being nostalgic but I remember the building being A LOT louder during regular season games (I'm talking early 2000s). Now it's like people are afraid to cheer.

It seriously sounds like a library in there until the game is almost over and only if the Leafs are winning by that time. It's quite pathetic and embarrassing really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad