GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Winnipeg Jets, Saturday January 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
You know what, I feel Reaves will play with some heart. He looked great in his first three games than tailed off. Maybe the breaks will help his game.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I’m sure it’s been posted already but sounds like no Scheifele, and both Morrissey & Vilardi will be game time decisions.

Reactions: stickty111

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not sure where the narrative comes from when it comes to leafs not playing well against Helly. Excluding Wednesdays win they are 7-3 in their last 10 against the jets scoring 36 goals. Pretty sure he was in for most if not all of them.
Hellebuyck is 7-8-3 against us with a 3.07 GAA and 0.907 SV%. Not spectacular.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reaves draws back into the lineup due to injury, he better let his play do the talking by banging bodies & forechecking hard after his little outburst.

Reactions: Cams

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You know what, I feel Reaves will play with some heart. He looked great in his first three games than tailed off. Maybe the breaks will help his game.
I don’t get the ‘fans’ who want the guy to fail.
It gives the appearance that they rather the new GM fail than the team have success. Pretty weird.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Hellebuyck is 7-8-3 against us with a 3.07 GAA and 0.907 SV%. Not spectacular.
The Leafs have been pretty good about bouncing back offensively after a game in which they struggle. The bigger issue has been keeping goals out, so if Samsonov can continue to be strong I think the Leafs have reason to be confident going into this game. Plus, they don't play again for nearly 10 days, so no reason to float around.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yikes. Jarnkrok out is going to hurt...

Of course Reaves is in, instead of giving a Marlie who can actually do something a chance.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yikes. Jarnkrok out is going to hurt...

Of course Reaves is in, instead of giving a Marlie who can actually do something a chance.
Not a good defensive trade-off, that's for sure, but I imagine there will be a lot of double-shifting and no more than 5 or 6 minutes for Reaves.

Reactions: Buds17

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not a good defensive trade-off, that's for sure, but I imagine there will be a lot of double-shifting and no more than 5 or 6 minutes for Reaves.
In a Leafy way, I could totally see him getting a goal when the game is done, just so we're stuck with him for longer. :laugh:
This might be his last chance to show something, so let's see what he's got I guess.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah he’s coming in with a prove it attitude. Not a fan but I anticipate we see his most physical outing.
I am expecting a couple of big hits within the first couple of minutes of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad