GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Winnipeg Jets, Saturday January 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can we just talk about the next game, instead of forever looking backwards with every thread? Who gives a

View attachment 810890

about these people obsessed with past managers. Jeez, move on already, and have a normal conversation without trying to make it a filing of grievances... like just drop the whole thing.
Bruh, there’s a guy with Mark f***ing Hunter as an avatar, he left 6 years ago, still lives rent free, this place never gets over anything. Every post is an agenda with some, which is why I personally find it comical people deny the Dubist factor. Plain as day.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Big game before the break. Would be nice if Sammy could enjoy the break after another stellar outing. Would also be nice if Tavares gets off the snide and does something offensively because who wants to go on vacation on a 10 game drought.

Matthews getting 40 before he participates in All Star weekend would be the cherry on top. Just get the win grind it out with the Jets. Back to back wins against a top 3 team would be exciting.

Reactions: Mr_Fun and Buds17

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If McMann was mainly going the IR to delay a move and can still lay through his lingering injury, is it possible that if Jarnkrok can't play then Jarnkrok goes to the IR and McMann remains active?

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
They signed Reaves and then traded Lafferty to make room. Now, they are making room for his return by demoting McMann. Both Lafferty and McMann were ideal 4th line players, gritty and could keep up at both ends, move up the lineup if need be. Reaves doesn't look like he'll be a positive contributor on the ledger for us. He may have cost us two NHL 4th liners when he doesn't even realize they could have just waived Reaves and nobody would have taken him even to start the season because no one else would have been dumb enough to give him that deal in the first place.
Lafferty is one the easiest players in the league to rub off the puck and take puck the other way and play against. Who cares if he is labeled gritty. His corsi, sf and scf always suck even when inflated by canucks scoring party. He can't crack 50%. He doesn't help us at all. If he was available at deadline for us we would avoid as option to fix holes

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Lafferty is one the easiest players in the league to rub off the puck and take puck the other way and play against. Who cares if he is labeled gritty. His corsi, sf and scf always suck even when inflated by canucks scoring party. He can't crack 50%. He doesn't help us at all. If he was available at deadline for us we would avoid as option to fix holes
I remember seeing a Twitter post outlining how the Leafs fancy stats plummeted after we altered the bottom 6 after the trade deadline last season.

I wonder if Laughertys 41% CF and 44% SCF as a Leaf contributed to this? Probably not. Numbers like that warrant being a staple in a contenders cup contending plans if you ask me. You shouldn't experiment until you find a better fit. Stay the course.

Surely they learned their lesson about letting depth players go and will stay the course with Reaves :sarcasm:

Reaves is such an easy mistake to fix lol

Reactions: Hoglund4MvP

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I remember seeing a Twitter post outlining how the Leafs fancy stats plummeted after we altered the bottom 6 after the trade deadline last season.

I wonder if Laughertys 41% CF and 44% SCF as a Leaf contributed to this? Probably not. Numbers like that warrant being a staple in a contenders cup contending plans if you ask me. You shouldn't experiment until you find a better fit. Stay the course.

Surely they learned their lesson about letting depth players go and will stay the course with Reaves :sarcasm:

Reaves is such an easy mistake to fix lol
4th liners are fluke sometimes. Just because one is good on team A doesn't mean they'll be good on team B. We should be able to fluke something at the deadline.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Hopefully Treliving makes his second trade as Leafs gm soon. The Lafferty trade sucked but having to skip through post after post talking about it every day for 3.5 months is painful lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I think having a strong 1st period against the Jets is paramount. They'll be fired up for a Saturday night on national TV so the buds better be ready.

Generally, I say if we get average goaltending, we will be fine. For this game, it seems like we're going to need better than average.

For optimum results -- don't dress Gio, don't dress Reaves, and maybe slot Li'l Nicky into the PP; maybe even on the 1st unit.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think having a strong 1st period against the Jets is paramount. They'll be fired up for a Saturday night on national TV so the buds better be ready.

Generally, I say if we get average goaltending, we will be fine. For this game, it seems like we're going to need better than average.

For optimum results -- don't dress Gio, don't dress Reaves, and maybe slot Li'l Nicky into the PP; maybe even on the 1st unit.
I think this would be the right move, but I saw a quote from Keefe that if the PP struggles again on Saturday they "might" make some changes coming out of the break. 1 for 22 is it? Yea, let's let that play out for just one more game.

Reactions: OddyOh and Mr_Fun

horner

May 22, 2007
Winnipeg will have a full team tonight.

Boys didn't show up last game , will they this game

Mmmmmmm iam not sure

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hopefully Treliving makes his second trade as Leafs gm soon. The Lafferty trade sucked but having to skip through post after post talking about it every day for 3.5 months is painful lol.
You can see why he’s gun shy. The Lafferty trade virtually killed the Dubas led dynasty.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Yeah we're not putting 6+ up on Connor Hellebuyck. Hell would have to freeze over first or JT would have to have a big night for that to occur. Not sure which is more likely right now.

This is a squad that didn't surrender 3+ goals in 30 plus games. I'm happy with an efficient 3-1 game with a Matthews marker for his 40th. glg

Reactions: Burnie97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2