GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Winnipeg Jets, Saturday January 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Clearly nobody is claiming Reaves on waivers. Unless they want to free up a contract or something else, why risk putting McMann on waivers? The kid is a decent #4 winger option. Reaves is well past his expiry date. I don't put it past these guys when it comes to being politicians.
Chances McMann would get claimed is pretty slim as well.
If they're doing this for appearances(which seems silly), they would get way more mileage by just waiving Reaves.
People have already lost their minds at the thought of McMann being waived, imagine the backlash if he actually was?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
So much for getting your wishes, anti-Trev/former Dubasite posters who were praying on Trev making a bad move by waiving McMann.
This is no different than listening to how Dubas had the Leafs in regression because they finished with 5 points less than Lou's team the year before.

This whole schtick that people choose Dubas over the Leafs is garbage.

Who cares if they liked him. It certainly wasn't the worst era of Leafs hockey

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Can we just talk about the next game, instead of forever looking backwards with every thread? Who gives a

1706293969125.png

about these people obsessed with past managers. Jeez, move on already, and have a normal conversation without trying to make it a filing of grievances... like just drop the whole thing.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So much for getting your wishes, anti-Trev/former Dubasite posters who were praying on Trev making a bad move by waiving McMann.
Not a fan of Dubas but I saw any criticism of potentially putting McMann on waivers instead of Reaves as valid. Do not necessarily have to be a Dubasite to criticize the new GM IMO. When it comes to Reaves, Tre blew it and deserves to be criticized, just like Dubas did for his bad moves.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Not a fan of Dubas but I saw any criticism of potentially putting McMann on waivers instead of Reaves as valid. Do not necessarily have to be a Dubasite to criticize the new GM IMO. When it comes to Reaves, Tre blew it and deserves to be criticized, just like Dubas did for his bad moves.

Two sides of the same coin arguing over some made up scenario.

Fringe meet Fringe.

I would be extremely surprised if the Leafs fair at anything close to the previous game against the Jets.

I also wouldn't put any weight on the outcome with regards to Samsonov.

Jets beat most goaltenders.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
They signed Reaves and then traded Lafferty to make room. Now, they are making room for his return by demoting McMann. Both Lafferty and McMann were ideal 4th line players, gritty and could keep up at both ends, move up the lineup if need be. Reaves doesn't look like he'll be a positive contributor on the ledger for us. He may have cost us two NHL 4th liners when he doesn't even realize they could have just waived Reaves and nobody would have taken him even to start the season because no one else would have been dumb enough to give him that deal in the first place.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They signed Reaves and then traded Lafferty to make room. Now, they are making room for his return by demoting McMann. Both Lafferty and McMann were ideal 4th line players, gritty and could keep up at both ends, move up the lineup if need be. Reaves doesn't look like he'll be a positive contributor on the ledger for us. He may have cost us two NHL 4th liners when he doesn't even realize they could have just waived Reaves and nobody would have taken him even to start the season because no one else would have been dumb enough to give him that deal in the first place.

Reaves is basically waivers exempt.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They brought Gregor in as a PTO and he won a job in camp.

Reactions: Duffman955

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I think a bottom six winger is a lowkey need.

Domi Jarnkrok Kampf Gregor are main stays I’m betting

Robertson is played when keefe is in a good mood

Reaves is unplayable, McMann doesn’t actually do anything. I’d rather we pick up another nhl caliber 10-12th forward for scraps just to play over both of them

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think a bottom six winger is a lowkey need.

Domi Jarnkrok Kampf Gregor are main stays I’m betting

Robertson is played when keefe is in a good mood

Reaves is unplayable, McMann doesn’t actually do anything. I’d rather we pick up another nhl caliber 10-12th forward for scraps just to play over both of them
Clutterbuck from the Islanders would be a good add. Not the player he used to be, but still useful and would probably cost almost nothing to acquire.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If Jarnkrok is out tomorrow which seems likely, are they putting Reaves in tomorrow? I hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad