Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - February 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
It'd be nice to get Hank 9 more wins this season, but ultimately this team could lose lose lose from here on out. Even if by some freak chance they sneak into the playoffs, they aren't going anywhere. Unless AV is fired, this team will never be a "anything can happen" kind of story. He handicaps them game in, game out.

It'd be nice to try and get a decent draft position. That's all we have a chance at winning this year.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It'd be nice to get Hank 9 more wins this season, but ultimately this team could lose lose lose from here on out. Even if by some freak chance they sneak into the playoffs, they aren't going anywhere. Unless AV is fired, this team will never be a "anything can happen" kind of story. He handicaps them game in, game out.

It'd be nice to try and get a decent draft position. That's all we have a chance at winning this year.

Well if they fire AV, they will have to be buyers since it will fix everything.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
"mom, dad, I have to tell you that I got a 59% on the math exam. But that means that there are a number of questions on the exam that I got 100% correct. So in some ways, I got an A+ on the exam."
…. ….. ….
"son…"
"yes, dad?"
…."you're one dumb son of a *****."
But a 59 is practically a 60, which is a D and that comes after C and then if you round you get a B but with extra credit I could turn a B to an A and then maybe if you write to the principal Shattenkirk would be a top 4 dman

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
But a 59 is practically a 60, which is a D and that comes after C and then if you round you get a B but with extra credit I could turn a B to an A and then maybe if you write to the principal Shattenkirk would be a top 4 dman
Given the fact-pattern, Shattenkirk in this analogy is the student who got an 84% and is presenting the case to his parents that he is not in fact a C student.

Reactions: TheTakedown

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Given the fact-pattern, Shattenkirk in this analogy is the student who got an 84% and is presenting the case to his parents that he is not in fact a C student.

84% on an exam is not an average.

That's why there are curves, so a 60 in an engineering class could be a B or even an A, since the curve is based off the mean of the class.

Anyway, I'm sure Shatty doesn't need to explain to his Dad about his grades or that he's a 4th forward. His Dad already knows, and he makes a shit ton of money doing it.

Reactions: NCRanger

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
84% on an exam is not an average.

That's why there are curves, so a 60 in an engineering class could be a B or even an A, since the curve is based off the mean of the class.

Anyway, I'm sure Shatty doesn't need to explain to his Dad about his grades or that he's a 4th forward. His Dad already knows, and he makes a **** ton of money doing it.
84% in this scenario is literally, MATHEMATICALLY, an average. -AS IN: The exam was 100 questions and you got 84 right. You were, ON AVERAGE 84% right. That how percentages work. A curve is something that institutions choose to put into effect to figure in for how well a particular class does on content. It is an artificial average based on a weighted scale. The NHL doesn't employ a curve.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
84% in this scenario is literally, MATHEMATICALLY, an average. A curve is something that institutions choose to put into effect to figure in for how well a particular class does on content. It is an artificial average based on a weighted scale. The NHL doesn't employ a curve.

Ok...this is still not what an average is, and it's getting way, way off topic.

I'll leave it as this:

• I like Shattenkirk
  • I would still do the signing at the price, length, and age on expiry this second
  • He's an elite 4th forward, but if at Rick Nash's current age, he has to start relying purely on his defense, he won't be in the NHL because Rick Nash right now is actually way better defensively than Shatty.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
It's necessary to call Lettieri from the AHL. He is so eager to shoot and score.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sam Rosen is so funny.

The Rangers are trailing 4-0 early in the 2nd period. Sam says there is plenty of time remaining in the game. OK Sam. The Rangers are going to score at least 5 goals to win the game. That is if they could keep the Leafs from getting more than 4.

In the 3rd period,Sam was saying Pavelec has done a great job stopping all of the shots he faced. The game was over early in the 2nd. Big deal Sam.

Sam looks for anything positive to say.

The team was awful from start to finish. Lundqvist saved their butts in November and early December. Hank has been pulled in two straight starts. He has lost 3 straight starts.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers played the Leafs three times this season. The Rangers looked lost in all 3. The first game was the crazy high scoring game. The 2nd game was right before Christmas. The score was closer but the Leafs were the far superior team in that game too. The Leafs carried the play for large stretches of time. The Rangers looked slow in all three games. If the Leafs are the next power in the East,the Rangers need a ton of work to match their level.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Rangers played the Leafs three times this season. The Rangers looked lost in all 3. The first game was the crazy high scoring game. The 2nd game was right before Christmas. The score was closer but the Leafs were the far superior team in that game too. The Leafs carried the play for large stretches of time. The Rangers looked slow in all three games. If the Leafs are the next power in the East,the Rangers need a ton of work to match their level.
A good start would be having a coach that actually plays with structure. The Leafs basically iced the Marlies defense tonight and they still shut us down.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Sam Rosen is so funny.

The Rangers are trailing 4-0 early in the 2nd period. Sam says there is plenty of time remaining in the game. OK Sam. The Rangers are going to score at least 5 goals to win the game. That is if they could keep the Leafs from getting more than 4.

In the 3rd period,Sam was saying Pavelec has done a great job stopping all of the shots he faced. The game was over early in the 2nd. Big deal Sam.

Sam looks for anything positive to say.

The team was awful from start to finish. Lundqvist saved their butts in November and early December. Hank has been pulled in two straight starts. He has lost 3 straight starts.
Ratings, man. Ratings. Trying to keep you watching so he can keep his job. Although he's a MSG legend and would still have his job even if we went 0-82.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I call my parents every Thursday night. If there’s a game on, my dad and I both pause it and finish the game after we talk. Usually I call between the 2nd and 3rd.

For the first time ever last night, we both just muted it and let it run. If that’s not an indication of the state of things, I don’t know what is.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
I logged in from work to simply say how mind numbingly painful the back and forth was about Shattenkirks ice time and rounding numbers was, which covered probably 3 full pages.

That was almost as bad as the teams performance, which is what we SHOULD be talking about.

Reactions: Inferno

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I don’t know how anyone could watch last nights game and think AV still has the ear of this team.
Pittsburg were in a very similar position 2 years ago.

They changed their coach, and went from limp disaster to feeding Phil the Thrill hotdogs all the way to 2 consecutive Stanley Cup trophies. The results came instantly.

If the coach has lost his influence on the team, and they are playing without confidence, it's time to move on from AV.

Under AV this team a LOT of great memories, Presidents Trophy (As a European, I value winning the league pretty highly), deep Stanley cup final runs, One Cup Final appearance, 3-0 Playoff comebacks, Marty's passionate locker room speech after his mom passed, Helped Zucc become the player he is now (Zucc was scratched, came back with something to prove, and did. Did the same with Pouliot. And is now trying to do the same with Buch, stop whining about that, its worked before), Seasons with insane scoring, Derek Stepan and Brassard, two of the most clutch players on this team since 1994. And quite frankly a lot more.

We are struggling now. So ALL of that is all forgotten since complaining is just so easy.

This team never replaced Stepan going into this season. Miller was supposed to be the guy. He's not been the guy. We have big problems with chemistry across the board. The team just does not feel the same as previous years.

Trading established players for picks is lottery. Changing the coach, has a good chance of giving us an actual shot at turning the season around. Not sure who we'd actually replace him with, but that's another topic.

AV deserves praise for his tenure here. AV has reached the end of the line, and it's time to part ways as friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad