Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - February 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
More realistic opinion: We'd have lost quite a few of the wins this season if not for some good luck and Lundqvist.

Also, the f*** are you happy about this injury for?

Reactions: Inferno

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Vigneault still has influence over roster and personnel decisions. It was also Vigneault, Arniel, and Ruff that brought in Cracknell from Ruff's days in DAL with Cracknell.

This idea that bad personnel moves should be placed at the feet of the coach, rather than the GM, is nonsense.

Coach should get the blame for how he handles the roster given to him.

Management should get the blame when they bring in the wrong players.

I understand the hatred of AV, but to blame him for the acquisition of the wrong personnel is idiotic.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This idea that bad personnel moves should be placed at the feet of the coach, rather than the GM, is nonsense.

I understand the hatred of AV, but to blame him for the acquisition of the wrong personnel is idiotic.

It is what it is..

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/rangers-sign-tough-fourth-liner-off-waivers/

Alain Vigneault laughed as he remembered exactly what Cody McLeod said to him from the ice on New Year’s Eve in Denver just over a year ago.
“He stood in front of my bench and said, ‘Hey coach, are you looking for a tough fourth-liner?’ ” Vigneault relayed Thursday morning, the day his Rangers claimed McLeod off waivers from the Predators. “So it took me a year to sort it out.”

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It is what it is..

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/rangers-sign-tough-fourth-liner-off-waivers/

Alain Vigneault laughed as he remembered exactly what Cody McLeod said to him from the ice on New Year’s Eve in Denver just over a year ago.
“He stood in front of my bench and said, ‘Hey coach, are you looking for a tough fourth-liner?’ ” Vigneault relayed Thursday morning, the day his Rangers claimed McLeod off waivers from the Predators. “So it took me a year to sort it out.”

So, the buck stops over there if it's bad, and stops here if it's good.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I get what you're arguing and I get that the people you're discussing this with are being purposely obtuse but so are you. There's important context there that you are all choosing to ignore bc it doesn't align with your stance and agenda.

For you, you're ignoring the quality of his teammates and his lack of familiarity with the team leading to an outlier where he still barely qualifies by variance alone for "3rd pair"

For them, they're ignoring that he was not good enough to be better than 4th dman who shifted between 2nd and 3rd pair TOi with variance.

There is evidence to suggest this place overrates guys like KS and Yandle. Likely bc of too much reliance on advanced stats and not enough knowledge of how certain players and talents will work together in certain systems.

There's also evidence to suggest you are way too dead set on deflecting blame from our awful coach who has been failing to optimize the talents of his players on D and refuses to adjust. So that puts us at or near the bottom of the league in several very important metrics.

You really need to look at the context of an "AV fanboyism" post each time I make one.

I think AV should go in the off season, but when I make a post saying "How was that AV's fault" it's usually a diplomatic way of saying there is more to whatever specific issue that post was than laughing at the person for their lawn puddle depth of understanding of complex systems.

Coincidentally, I'm 94.999 [rounded up of course] saying it to the same passive aggressive trolls who spent an hour arguing what a mean was and splitting hairs on "pairing" when I even said I liked and want Shattenkirk here for what he brings.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You really need to look at the context of an "AV fanboyism" post each time I make one.

I think AV should go in the off season, but when I make a post saying "How was that AV's fault" it's usually a diplomatic way of saying there is more to whatever specific issue that post was than laughing at the person for their lawn puddle depth of understanding of complex systems.

Coincidentally, I'm 94.999 [rounded up of course] saying it to the same passive aggressive trolls who spent an hour arguing what a mean was and splitting hairs on "pairing" when I even said I liked and want Shattenkirk here for what he brings.

Your post's made perfect sense to me but some like to focus on the grey areas..

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Need I say more? Even Hank looked on board. Lol.

Attachments

• IDF-Merkava-Mk-4M-2016-Zachi-Evenor.jpg
    IDF-Merkava-Mk-4M-2016-Zachi-Evenor.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Watched the 2nd just so I could stretch for the gym. What I expected. I think everyone knows it's over at this point; players, management, fans. It's tough when this team has that cloud over them. They know they're not that good and it's over. I don't expect the next week to be pretty for this group, some tough games and the team in undermanned. Were people really chanting "Blow It Up?" at the end of the game like I heard on Twitter?

I'm fine with the situation now, not going to get upset and us at HFBoards aren't going to turn into pumpkins or get hit in the behind with paddles by Islanders/Devils fans if they miss the playoffs. Let it be. Sell.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

My fear is that AV has management's and front office's ear believing that it's the current players that don't work with his style of play and on-ice systems and they're going to find new players to try and play this way.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
My fear is that AV has management's and front office's ear believing that it's the current players that don't work with his style of play and on-ice systems and they're going to find new players to try and play this way.
AV System is dated and won't win in the current NHL. After 2015 was brutally exposed in ECF, particularly game 7. Never recovered.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
FAKE NEWS

its not possible for our players to get hurt when McLeod is in the lineup.
Who ever said that? Watch Pavel play. His head is down ALL game long. (Yeah I know it has nothing to do with last night because he’s lucky). 10 years ago he’d be dead. Lucky for him it’s 2018 and he’s only concussed.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

Frequently I see unnecessary comments deflecting blame from AV that don't seem to be driven by much in context or, in this case, I feel you're too desperate to make your point and you end up going with (again just imo) arguments that have the kind of flaws usually reserved for other, crappier posters like me.I think you got pissed by their obtuseness and decided to give it right back.

Idk I should keep my ***** mouth shut maybe. I just see it often now and was compelled to comment

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Frequently I see unnecessary comments deflecting blame from AV that don't seem to be driven by much in context or, in this case, I feel you're too desperate to make your point and you end up going with (again just imo) arguments that have the kind of flaws usually reserved for other, crappier posters like me.I think you got pissed by their obtuseness and decided to give it right back.

Idk I should keep my ***** mouth shut maybe. I just see it often now and was compelled to comment

You are over complicating disagreeing with someone.

I disagree with most of the reasoning why AV sucks, but that doesn’t mean he’s the right coach.

And it IS generally the same posters typing the same nonsense.

Please stop with the psychoanalysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad