Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - February 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Buchnevich wears #89, so basically he wears #90.

Edmonton got a point in their loss tonight, which is in between 0 and 2 points, so Edmonton won.

I have 4 lemons, so I have 5 lemons.

Numerical sense.

10-Guy.jpg

Your digging a bit on grave on your analytical and logical sense amigo.

Reactions: NCRanger

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Do you know what the **** an average is?

He averaged 4th in minutes. There is a variance.
Lol. Thats like saying McLeod is a 1st line player because he had a couple shifts there tonight. With an 82 game season and multiple seasons per career, you have to work with averages, or else you're living in split-seconds. And no one can have a meaningful discussion with that. You're talking about the ATOI for a player on a team he spent a minority part of one season with, and extrapolating it over his career. How is that realistic in any sense? Moreover, youre attempting to distort his stats for that isolated set. Just no.

Reactions: Off Sides

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
There's an empirical standard that differentiates 2nd and 3rd pair minutes.

You can't just disagree with facts because you found out you're wrong.

If you average 4th in TOI among defensemen and he gets a lot of Power Playtime and offensive zone starts [which he should], that means he’s dressed and slotted on average somewhere between the 3rd and 5th spot on the defensive chart for non special team play, which means he’s playing either as the tail of the second pair or the carry of the third and rarely the top or dead bottom of the chart.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol. Thats like saying McLeod is a 1st line player because he had a couple shifts there tonight. With an 82 game season and multiple seasons per career, you have to work with averages, or else you're living in split-seconds. And no one can have a meaningful discussion with that. You're talking about the ATOI for a player on a team he spent a minority part of one season with, and extrapolating it over his career. How is that realistic in any sense? Moreover, youre attempting to distort his stats for that isolated set. Just no.

Wait, we might have something here.

The Rangers are in 7th, but that's basically the bottom of 6th place. And 6th and 5th are tied, so the Rangers are bottom 5th place.

According to numerical sense, we're in a playoff spot.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Wait, we might have something here.

The Rangers are in 7th, but that's basically the bottom of the 6th place. And 6th and 5th are tied, so the Rangers are bottom 5th place.

According to numerical sense, we're in a playoff spot.

See these are reasons I don’t trust you.

The end of season point totals are not an average. It’s an explicit value.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
"mom, dad, I have to tell you that I got a 59% on the math exam. But that means that there are a number of questions on the exam that I got 100% correct. So in some ways, I got an A+ on the exam."
…. ….. ….
"son…"
"yes, dad?"
…."you're one dumb son of a bitch."

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
This whole point is moot, since NYR was totally wrong that Shattenkirk has been a 3rd pairing defenseman. Just glancing at the 5v5 TOI, he was routinely 3rd with St. Louis. So it's BS.

Reactions: Avery16

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Average w/ powerplay was 4th
Average w/o powerplay was 4th
Total w/ powerplay was 4th
Total w/o powerplay was 4th

Boy howdy, it's almost as if he was 4th in ice-time!

Reactions: pdogfizzle

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I did. And he was 4th in total.

Your ability to just sit there and scream at facts is incredible.

I'm not screaming at anything. Those are the voices in your head.

Anyway, you analysis is weak. He played significantly less minutes than the top 3 including only a 1:31 on the penalty kill, and his coach didn't think he was top pairing.

That doesn't scream good defensively.

And I like the Shattenkirk acquisition, and I'm sorry he got injured.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not screaming at anything. Those are the voices in your head.

Anyway, you analysis is weak. He played significantly less minutes than the top 3 including only a 1:31 on the penalty kill, and his coach didn't think he was top pairing.

That doesn't scream good defensively.

And I like the Shattenkirk acquisition, and I'm sorry he got injured.

My analysis is that he played second pair minutes, backed up by the evidence that he played second pair minutes.

Seems strong to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad