Rumor: Toronto interested in Thornton

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Frankly, its unprofessional. His comments come of as someone who is JT's agent because he is JT's brother, not because he is qualified.

John is ridiculously unprofessional. Who picks fights with strangers on twitter?

Not Kadri, oh lord please not Kadri..

I'd do this trade for a Bozak or Raymond, T.J Brennan, and a pick.

What the ****????

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA

This is some sort of joke right? Because you want Kadri to Winnipeg? Because I want nothing to do with Bozak or Raymond. Kadri, Gardiner, Reimer. Those are the only 3 players I think the Sharks have a remote chance of getting in trade that I would want. And then Kulimen as a UFA.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Frankly, its unprofessional. His comments come of as someone who is JT's agent because he is JT's brother, not because he is qualified.

He does owe his brother for his start, which he acknowledges on twitter, but he does have other clients.

Also agents responding/ trolling people they feel are disparaging their client isn't uncommon. Allan Walsh does it all the time. You should see what he has said about Kurz. It was Kurz John was responding to, my guess is he doesn't really like him either; That could put the Ha, in a bit of a different context.

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He does owe his brother for his start, which he acknowledges on twitter, but he does have other clients.

Also agents responding/ trolling people they feel are disparaging their client isn't uncommon. Allan Walsh does it all the time. You should see what he has said about Kurz. It was Kurz John was responding to, my guess is he doesn't really like him either; That could put the Ha, in a bit of a different context.

Alan Walsh is the epitome of unprofessional.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
I think we will have to work a multiple team trade to move JT if he has a desired destination.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Alan Walsh is the epitome of unprofessional.

Compared to who? I think Walsh would say that about certain others.

Anyway, I think it we should at least acknowledge the possibility that the Ha was in regards to Kurz's request for a comment and not necessarily in regards to what he thought about the trade rumor.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Compared to who? I think Walsh would say that about certain others.

Anyway, I think it we should at least acknowledge the possibility that the Ha was in regards to Kurz's request for a comment and not necessarily in regards to what he thought about the trade rumor.

Compared to literally every other agent... I kinda thought it was common knowledge that Walsh is a complete unprofessional dick.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Compared to literally every other agent... I kinda thought it was common knowledge that Walsh is a complete unprofessional dick.

Really, so when Larinov started to publically suggest to the media that the Oilers should trade Yakapov if they weren't willing to give him a larger role, was that professional?

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Really, so when Larinov started to publically suggest to the media that the Oilers should trade Yakapov if they weren't willing to give him a larger role, was that professional?

Name one other instance of Larionov doing something like that. Yakupov was made a healthy scratch for doing literally the same things that Eberle does.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
I wanna know why people care. Unprofessional? Please. I welcome more of a less homogenized media, not less.

+1

I haven't read/heard anything he's said that screams "ridiculously unprofessional".

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Joe to Toronto makes no sense. Jumbo won't waive and Leafs want to go younger.

I see Jumbo being traded to a playoff team one or two pieces away from being a true SC contender.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Joe to Toronto makes no sense. Jumbo won't waive and Leafs want to go younger.

I see Jumbo being traded to a playoff team one or two pieces away from being a true SC contender.

Part of the Leafs problem is that they're pretty young, have no focus on puck possession, and have a crappy head coach. Thornton won't go there obviously but Toronto could do far stupider things than trade for Thornton.

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
Except Trollton isn't contributing anything useful. If anything, it just puts Joe in a negative light. He should just say nothing.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Except Shawn Trollton isn't contributing anything useful. If anything, it just puts Joe in a slightly negative light. He should just say nothing.

To whom? A couple of people on a message board? I haven't seen many people complain about *John* on twitter. Sometimes this places operates in a serious vacuum.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston

I don't even know what to say to you. Bozak is horrendous. Kadri wouldn't be my first choice, but he's an excellent player and would be a great pickup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad