OT: Toronto Flood 2013

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
That would certainly be a concern. I would also be wary of how contaminated the water might be.

Ha yea.. I dont think that crossed everyones mind. There were pics of people swimming and having fun in the water.. I guess the forgot that a lot of the flooding was overflows surging out of the sewers... Sure, its diluted, but im sure there were areas where it was quite concentrated.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
My family is spending a long vacation on Maui where the weather is ridiculously perfect, but this news certainly snapped me back to reality and thoughts about our house in Bloor West Village. Seems just so unreal--some of those pictures are nearly beyond belief. Hope everyone stays safe.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Insurance never covers natural disasters. It's like one of the main things in any kind of insurance.

Wrong. Home insurance typically excludes flooding. Wind, Hail, lightning and other natural disasters are covered under most home owners policies. Sewer backup(which is what most people are having) is even covered if you purchase an additional rider.

This guys car will be probably be covered under his comprehensive coverage portion of his auto policy.

Hope everyone is safe and make sure you get everything dry ASAP.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Imagine being stuck on a Go Train for hours on end, having not eaten since lunch, with water at your ankles and realizing it's only Monday and you have four more days of work left? Brutal.

scarlet512

Hong Kong Leaf Fan
May 1, 2010
Hong Kong
Called my parents who are in Richmond Hill (as I am in Hong Kong). Thank God they are alright. Stay safe guys. I had a friend stuck in one of the GO Trains to Richmond Hill...

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I know someone that stayed home because "elevators aren't working". Um.. ***** you live on the 5th floor.

Speaking of 1st world problems, people who take up spots on a crowded elevator and get off on the 2nd floor are sociopaths who belong in an institution.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Speaking of 1st world problems, people who take up spots on a crowded elevator and get off on the 2nd floor are sociopaths who belong in an institution.

Unless of course they can't walk up stairs.

We should say people who are able should take the stair if they are ... 4 floors or less? 5 floors?

I think the people who are going to the 17th. floor of a 20 story building and stand in the doorway are worse. Or people who get on when the doors open without letting people off. Or people who stand 2 abreast on an escalator. You stand single file on the right, so people can pass on the left. Some really clueless people, but then some people are country folk and haven't learned etiquette.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

This is me when the elevator stops at 2nd floor and the person rides one floor.

christian-bale-in-american-psycho-horiz.jpg

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
No you don't. Ajax sucks.

FACT!

Thank god I will be out of it come Aug 26th!!

WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the flood. My girlfriend is at Parklawn and Lakeshore. no power until 2am last night, somehow lucked out and her garage didn't flood. She is on P3 (lowest point in the building) with a brand new car, not even a week old. Power is still out in her neighborhood. She also had no cell service until about 9:30PM, which had me worried when I couldn't get a hold of her.

A friend of mind in Distillery had her whole garage flood, car is probably a write off.

Some offices south of the airport flooded as well.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Hey now. Lets ease up on Ajax. I mean, obviously it sucks, but at least youre close to Toronto. :)

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Just moved out three months ago. My entire place would have been flooded. :biglaugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I've never agreed more with a statement in my life.

In my office, sometimes people wait up to 5 minutes for an elevator to arrive (only 3 out of 6 are working right now but that's another story) and they just get off on the second floor.

tumblr_ll1sphjQ2J1qdlkgg.gif

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I've never agreed more with a statement in my life.

In my office, sometimes people wait up to 5 minutes for an elevator to arrive (only 3 out of 6 are working right now but that's another story) and they just get off on the second floor.

tumblr_ll1sphjQ2J1qdlkgg.gif

I'd like to see you get this fat and still climb stairs, that's why! Don't be hating on us, we're people too. Sad, sad people....but people dammit!

:laugh:

No but seriously I'm super lazy and even I don't do that.

Hope everyone in Toronto is hanging in there. It's pretty darn wet down here the nether regions of Ontario but no flooding...apparent hailstorm tonight might screw things up though.

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
This is me when the elevator stops at 2nd floor and the person rides one floor.

christian-bale-in-american-psycho-horiz.jpg

THIS! Especially where I work there's escalators that go up to the third floor, yet people still decide they would rather take the elevators to either floor 2 or 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad