OT: Toronto Flood 2013

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Guy on the phone from inside that submerged Go Train sounded pissed.

I would be too. Coming home from a long day at work, now you're in a train with everyone on the top level and dirty water in the lower levels with probably few open windows. Apparently some guy jumped out and swam away.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
I would be too. Coming home from a long day at work, now you're in a train with everyone on the top level and dirty water in the lower levels with probably few open windows. Apparently some guy jumped out and swam away.
I think that's exactly what I'd do... just swim to the nearest street, walk over and get a taxi or something.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I think that's exactly what I'd do... just swim to the nearest street, walk over and get a taxi or something.

My cellphone / wallet would be my only concern there.. Wouldnt hesitate too much about the clothes.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
My cellphone / wallet would be my only concern there.. Wouldnt hesitate too much about the clothes.

That would certainly be a concern. I would also be wary of how contaminated the water might be.

Does anybody know if the 404 N will be shut down tomorrow? Have an early appointment at DVP/Sheppard and was wondering if I should take an alternate route. I'm assuming the flooding hasn't reached that area.

Even a website with reliable, up to date information would be helpful as well.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I work right at the corner of Bloor/Church.

Thinking of just "working" from home tomorrow.

...and by "working" I mean sporadically checking my email as I watch the Price is Right.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
My sister lives in Ajax and said it's such a quiet, calm night there. Amazing what's happening in Toronto.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I work right at the corner of Bloor/Church.

Thinking of just "working" from home tomorrow.

...and by "working" I mean sporadically checking my email as I watch the Price is Right.

That's what I did when Hurricane Sandy hit NYC.

I flew to Toronto for the weekend, ended up staying the whole week "working" because our NYC office had no power.

member 147413

Anyone in Stouffville? If so how is it? I don't want to work tomorrow lol

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Ouch.

BOsdSF5CQAARc2-.jpg:small

BOsDR2lCMAEpaFv.jpg:small

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Got home at 10. Bruuuuutal commute. Even worse are the cars that don't stop at traffic lights with no power.

Oh and I shouldn't laugh but 3 guys were stuck in an elevator at my workplace from 6 to 9. They were drenched in sweat when they got out. What a mess of a day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad