OT: Toronto Flood 2013

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Wow....I lived in Toronto for 48 years and I can honestly only remember a couple of under passes flood at areas by the Humber and the Don....looks horrible. Hope everyone is safe and the damaged minimal.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
l
It was Clarke MacArthur

victory-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1337.gif

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
leaving that ferrari may actually be smart, insurance will write it off, and he'll just get the money back to spend on a new one, even if it was clarke macarthur

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
WTF The Don River floods twice in the same year? That never happened when I lived there. She's starting to really turn on us huh? TG my fams OK. Hope all who are there are well.

two freak rainfalls in one year.

74 mm of rain in 1 hour between 5-6, 74 mm is the average for the month of july, 123 total for the day at around 10pm and it wasn't done. Previous record was set in 1956 for Hurricane hazel at 121 mm.

What's really messed up was how localized the storm was, out here in Ajax we didn't even get a storm just a light shower maybe 1-3 mm total, I heard Oshawa was dry and didn't get any rain.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
What's really messed up was how localized the storm was, out here in Ajax we didn't even get a storm just a light shower maybe 1-3 mm total, I heard Oshawa was dry and didn't get any rain.

My friend in Burlington said they got nothing as well. CTV news said the system basically started up north and went on a diagonal line down along Brampton/Missy and Toronto, skipping everything to the east and west.

I got on the subway at Union just as the power first went out along the system (I came from the underground PATH tunnels, which were flooding everywhere, although nothing too severe yet at that point). We sat for ten/fifteen minutes, then started up and pulled into a dark and empty St. Andrew's station, only to wait again. We were told they're not going much further north, so many of us had to change our routes not knowing how the traffic was elsewhere. Ended up taking the Dufferin bus north, only to find my entire area blacked out. Luckily ours only lasted about 2 hours until 8:30 or so. I had no clue how severe the flooding was elsewhere until I got back on the net.

Last edited:

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I live in the northeast end of Markham, it was barely spitting here. Good thing I didn't end up going Downtown like I had planned early afternoon, I would have got stuck :S

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Wish everyone the best over there. Just hard to imagine the Toronto area getting flooded like that. Best wishes to everyone dealing with power loss and flooding.

Had to deal with well over a week of power loss while I was away for school this past year so can sympathize to how bad that can be.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Just had my basement slightly flooded for the 2nd time this year. Crazy the amount of heavy downpours we've had lately. I'm in scarborough by the way.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
leaving that ferrari may actually be smart, insurance will write it off, and he'll just get the money back to spend on a new one, even if it was clarke macarthur

Insurance never covers natural disasters. It's like one of the main things in any kind of insurance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad