OT: Toronto Flood 2013

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
people have a pretty good life if their biggest beef is people taking the elevator 1 floor.

start preparing for when you get out in the real world

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I was on the 25th floor, but park in the 3rd level basement, so 28 stories.... after I'd already gone to the gym twice, so was already tired.

That said, it is what it is. The intersection in front of my condo was completely underwater, I barely got through it. I have a view of the Mississauga skyline, and it was completely black last night... eerie stuff...

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So on my day off the GF and I decide to go to Yorkdale for a little shopping. She lives off Jane between Sheppard and Finch. What a ****ing nightmare. I have a video but I'm not sure how to put a video up from my phone. Took me over 2 hours for a drive that usually takes under 10 minutes. I live about 45 minutes from her and it took me 3 hours to go from Jane to my place. I really didn't know this was coming, it was a nice day out when we left and we almost took the subway but I decided to drive. I couldn't even take the 401 West, so I hopped onto the 427 to airport just so I could get into an area with power. It wasn't much better. What a nightmare.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Am back in Ontario for the week. Storm hit me and some family at Canada's wonderland. Staying up in muskoka for the week at a cottage, took 45 minutes to get out of wonderland but didn't experience any significant flooding on the 400. Just bad traffic. Only a few small showers up here

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Ughh - why is Jane to Kipling STILL closed?

Assuming my Kipling condo still has no power. MY ICE CREAM. MY FROZEN CHICKEN. I just want to go home and play Last of Us. :(

Jul 10, 2003
KW
So on my day off the GF and I decide to go to Yorkdale for a little shopping. She lives off Jane between Sheppard and Finch. What a ****ing nightmare. I have a video but I'm not sure how to put a video up from my phone. Took me over 2 hours for a drive that usually takes under 10 minutes. I live about 45 minutes from her and it took me 3 hours to go from Jane to my place. I really didn't know this was coming, it was a nice day out when we left and we almost took the subway but I decided to drive. I couldn't even take the 401 West, so I hopped onto the 427 to airport just so I could get into an area with power. It wasn't much better. What a nightmare.

I was in that approximate area last night too. Was running on fumes and all the gas stations were closed. Everywhere I went I would eventually hit a traffic jam because the traffic lights were out. Eventually got on the 401 and just made it to Brampton where I could finally see lights everywhere.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I was in that approximate area last night too. Was running on fumes and all the gas stations were closed. Everywhere I went I would eventually hit a traffic jam because the traffic lights were out. Eventually got on the 401 and just made it to Brampton where I could finally see lights everywhere.

I was also running on fumes. I left Yorkdale with half a tank and had nothing left from constantly starting and stopping. Drove by a bunch of gas stations that had people lined up to the road. If you needed gas last night you were screwed. It reminded me of what the apocalypse would look like. Everyone in full panic, accidents everywhere, EMS vehicles going by every minute. Finally getting near Pearson was a relief, just to see lights.

kilgore111

Jul 12, 2010
Hey everyone, from BC. Sending best wishes to you; no matter where we are, Canadians will be there for each other (yes even if they are Blackhawk fans)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
when i was coming home tonight, i wandered down rosedale valley & park rd and there's no remaining water that i could see at all in the general area...so that dried out fast.

one benefit to have the ravines and valleys running up the city is that although they flood easily they're also good at helping to collect and wash away water.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Man, what a day. I work out at Meadowvale North. Storm hit and I swear it looked like a freakin hurricane outside. Then I begin the trek home to Etobicoke, except everyone on the 401 is turning around (yes, I have video, and seeing the 401 being treated like a 4way stop is awesome!!) and in some cases even driving up the embankment. Get off at Dixie only to find out Eglinton is flooded. Drive further south to Rathburn, take it across only to find out that West Deane Park and Martingrove is flooded. End up just parking at Metro until about 11 pm, watching as the water creeps up the car door. Get home around 12, no hydro until noon. All in a days work.

At the end of if all, could have been so much worse. Kudos to all the GTAerz who understand the concept of the four way stop!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad