Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - 2023 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Solid point and clean sheet on the road. We take those.

Some of the kids and reserve players stepped up with everyone on international break.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's a strange one too because I think last night's game was on TSN 4 as well as Apple TV.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would have put it on after the Leafs had I known.
I watched the end of the LA game and there was no mention of TFC.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
TFC typically plays every Saturday and occasionally on Wednesdays.
Thanks
Maybe it’s just me but it really seems like they aren’t promoting it like they use to. Could be because it’s no longer showing it on TSN.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Such a shame. I think it’s really shortsighted what they’re doing. Interest was waning anyway, this is not going to help.
The investment from Apple is big, TSN was not going to be able to compete.

Honestly I think this is the beginning of the "next phase" in streaming services. Why not add sports leagues to your offering if you can?

Reactions: OddyOh

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The investment from Apple is big, TSN was not going to be able to compete.

Honestly I think this is the beginning of the "next phase" in streaming services. Why not add sports leagues to your offering if you can?
I get that, was referring to TFC specifically.
If they aren’t careful they will become and after thought like the Argos pretty quickly

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I get that, was referring to TFC specifically.
If they aren’t careful they will become and after thought like the Argos pretty quickly
Maybe.

I think with the Italians and the 2026 World Cup on the horizon, the club will be fine. The sport is doing too well right now in Canada for them to slide into Argo territory.

Reactions: OddyOh and ACC1224

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I watched yesterday and that game Was pretty bad. Yes I get that key players were missing due to national Teams, but the level of play was just poor.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I watched yesterday and that game Was pretty bad. Yes I get that key players were missing due to national Teams, but the level of play was just poor.
Definitely not a pretty game. Wouldn't use last night as marketing material for the league.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Thanks
Maybe it’s just me but it really seems like they aren’t promoting it like they use to. Could be because it’s no longer showing it on TSN.
They had mentioned TFC during the national team game. I never would've known to tune in.

Definitely not a pretty game. Wouldn't use last night as marketing material for the league.
I fell asleep in the 2nd half. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
TFC has a solid base of ticket holders .. but I gave up mine with COVID .. what they will lose is the after market people .. subscribers will end up giving their tickets away .. even in da good times back in 2016-8 people did not go in winter/spring as it was too cold with wind blowing off lake but we could sell them on internet

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC has a solid base of ticket holders .. but I gave up mine with COVID .. what they will lose is the after market people .. subscribers will end up giving their tickets away .. even in da good times back in 2016-8 people did not go in winter/spring as it was too cold with wind blowing off lake but we could sell them on internet
The start times have been problematic this season. Home game in March at 8 pm? Why do that when you can play in the sun, 10 degrees warmer at 4 pm?

MLS needs to better on that side of things.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The start times have been problematic this season. Home game in March at 8 pm? Why do that when you can play in the sun, 10 degrees warmer at 4 pm?

Bang on right there .. even those 1 and 4 pm Saturday games were cold but i could go train from Mississauga and go to 1pm game then train/uber to Scotia for dinner at Hot Stove and then watch Leaf game .. it worked .. now you can't pull it off

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

That's how it's usually been scheduled in the past. Not sure what's going on this season as it doesn't make sense.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

Yeah I get that MLS is pushing for consistency of start times (which is why all these games have been at 7:30) but just a moronic decision for this market.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Akinola looked decent last night in his brief CMNT cameo. I hope he kind find a more consistent level for TFC this season.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, M. Bradley is done. He no longer has the speed to make up for the gaps he creates in midfield through his ineptitude. The problem is that Bob isn’t going to make the decision to finally sit his son down. Nepotism at its worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad