Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - 2023 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
He did an entire expose on my friends JR Hockey team and basically made them look like horrible people who shouldn't be around the game. Things came down and my friend (whose name was brought up by Westhead) had not done anything. He was promoted, and still nothing from ole Ricky Westhead apologizing for listening to one angry, rich families anger for the kid being a cut. What a world, you can spew garbage and no repercussions.
I think you are in the wrong thread. This is the TFC thread, and to my knowledge, Rick Westhead has never tweeted about TFC.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He did an entire expose on my friends JR Hockey team and basically made them look like horrible people who shouldn't be around the game. Things came down and my friend (whose name was brought up by Westhead) had not done anything. He was promoted, and still nothing from ole Ricky Westhead apologizing for listening to one angry, rich families anger for the kid being a cut. What a world, you can spew garbage and no repercussions.
Wrong thread but hockey from kids hockey to pro has always been a dirty game of who you know .. what is new is now you have these legal beagles trying to expose what has been wrong for a hundred years like G and O

Reactions: ktownhockey

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Hey what’s this I hear about tfcs home opener not being on regular Tv? It’s on Apple TV or some bs. I thought tsn had mls rights this season. Last couple games were on tsn were they not?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hey what’s this I hear about tfcs home opener not being on regular Tv? It’s on Apple TV or some bs. I thought tsn had mls rights this season. Last couple games were on tsn were they not?
I don't believe the last game was televised.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Oh..

I have a hard time believing I won’t be able to watch games for my hometown team this year Despite having a pretty extensive cable tv package. Who in their right mind thougth this would be a smart move for the league? Seems terrible for fans.

not to get dramatic but I may bow out of following toronto fc.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Oh..

I have a hard time believing I won’t be able to watch games for my hometown team this year Despite having a pretty extensive cable tv package. Who in their right mind thougth this would be a smart move for the league? Seems terrible for fans.

not to get dramatic but I may bow out of following toronto fc.
I agree. It should be easier not harder to follow.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Don't know if it was mentioned but it's all on apple tv now. The coverage is impressive thus far and it was a big money deal for the MLS. Unfortunate it's no longer on cable but I think this deal will prove to be a good one in the long term.

On another note....here are our captains thoughts on the new kit, and he is so spot on with it.

Reactions: OddyOh and ACC1224

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The home opener isn’t on cable tv? What a bunch of stupid morons. Way to grow the game of soccer. MLS is insignificant to a large segment of the Canadian population and this isn’t going to help. Apple TV? That’s gotta have the lowest subscription among the major streamers. Boneheaded.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Don't know if it was mentioned but it's all on apple tv now. The coverage is impressive thus far and it was a big money deal for the MLS. Unfortunate it's no longer on cable but I think this deal will prove to be a good one in the long term.

On another note....here are our captains thoughts on the new kit, and he is so spot on with it.

It's not good if you don't have Apple TV. Guess I won't be watching TFC any longer, shame.
Pay for enough streaming services, not anything another one.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It's not good if you don't have Apple TV. Guess I won't be watching TFC any longer, shame.
Pay for enough streaming services, not anything another one.
I’ve got Crave, Disney+, Prime and Netflix. No chance I’m subscribing to Apple to watch MLS soccer. I guess I’ll be watching less TFC and more Premier, Bundesliga, and SerieA which can easily be found on cable tv. Better quality soccer anyways. Reallly shortsighted decision by MLS.

Reactions: ACC1224

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm a hardcore TFC supporter and ended up giving in. I subscribed to MLS Season Pass/Apple TV to have access to all TFC matches.

For what it's worth, the broadcast quality has been excellent, and there's also some very intriguing shows available on Apple TV. So far, it seems to be worth the nominal monthly subscription fee.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm a hardcore TFC supporter and ended up giving in. I subscribed to MLS Season Pass/Apple TV to have access to all TFC matches.

For what it's worth, the broadcast quality has been excellent, and there's also some very intriguing shows available on Apple TV. So far, it seems to be worth the nominal monthly subscription fee.
How much is it a month?

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
The more i think on this the more pissed off I get, it’s one thing to get these league pass services if youre out of market, but for your home team? get the FFFF outa here. Peace out MLS AND TFC.

You know what’s funny a few years ago I was such a staunch TFC fan that I hated the idea of them sharing BMO with the argos. Now I have completely switched allegiances Lol.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Totally fair to not want to go in on another streaming service.

For what it's worth, the broadcast quality has been excellent,
Yeah it's honestly really good. One of if not the best sports streaming experiences i have had.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
The more i think on this the more pissed off I get, it’s one thing to get these league pass services if youre out of market, but for your home team? get the FFFF outa here. Peace out MLS AND TFC.

You know what’s funny a few years ago I was such a staunch TFC fan that I hated the idea of them sharing BMO with the argos. Now I have completely switched allegiances Lol.
Yeah wtf is up with that? What a terrible decision to go all Apple. Is this the only way to watch the games? I thought last week i watched it on TSN? Same with the Whitecaps on TSN.

Surely they couldn’t have cut off soccer fans from watching HOME games?

I see montreal is televised on TSN later? What is going on?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
You don't show your home opener on regular Cable there's an issue.

I'm not gonna follow them this year..f*** it.
Agreed. I have deleted some. MLS and other related apps from my devices. What a joke. Just as I was getting back into soccer over the past few years.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yeah wtf is up with that? What a terrible decision to go all Apple. Is this the only way to watch the games? I thought last week i watched it on TSN? Same with the Whitecaps on TSN.

Surely they couldn’t have cut off soccer fans from watching HOME games?

I see montreal is televised on TSN later? What is going on?
I was wondering the same. Is it just TFC that was removed from TSN?

For those with Apple TV do you have to watch the game live or can you start it anytime?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I paid $99.99 for the MLS season pass on apple. Its a separate subscription from regular apple tv.

Honestly a no brainer for me. Thats a lot of hours of entertainment for only $100.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I was wondering the same. Is it just TFC that was removed from TSN?

For those with Apple TV do you have to watch the game live or can you start it anytime?
To clarify, TSN will still be broadcasting some TFC games this season.

Regarding Apple TV, you can watch the games anytime on demand after the initial broadcast.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
To clarify, TSN will still be broadcasting some TFC games this season.

Regarding Apple TV, you can watch the games anytime on demand after the initial broadcast.
Ok good. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad