Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - 2023 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Lots of new faces and upgrades in the starting lineup. It will take time for the team to develop cohesion on the pitch, but we have the talent and the goalkeeping to earn points in every match starting tonight.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
It has to be a striker they are spending it on. No way we roll with Diomande/Akinola all season, and I like Akinola

Curious on the timing. A lot of it will come down to who becomes available, but I'd certainly like to see the third spot filled this summer.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Curious on the timing. A lot of it will come down to who becomes available, but I'd certainly like to see the third spot filled this summer.
I just feel summer additions are too late and seems like something for the next season. I don't think Ayo is all that great, hope he proves me wrong.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It has to be a striker they are spending it on. No way we roll with Diomande/Akinola all season, and I like Akinola
Agreed, although Diomande averaged almost .5 goals per game in 2 seasons under Bradley at LAFC from 2018-2020. He has the pedigree to handle the starting role and in Toronto, he'll be playing with the 2 best wingers he's ever had in his career.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Is DC United any good? Thinking of dropping some coin on a TFC win tonight.
They were even worse than TFC last season. They made some upgrades in the off season, but they are still projected be outside the playoffs.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
I just feel summer additions are too late and seems like something for the next season. I don't think Ayo is all that great, hope he proves me wrong.
I'm with you - we have just about zero depth, so going a full season long will be tough

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
What a terrible half by TFC. Their defence has gaps all over. This is an experienced team compared to last years inexperienced team. If this doesn’t improve we have to start looking at Bob Bradley and his scheme. Not his fault though that experienced players can’t make 15 foot passes to each other.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Bradley was absolutely awful in that game. Any pass over 5 feet was not accurate and made a couple of brutal giveaways with little pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad