Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - 2023 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Bradley Sr. was outcoached by Rooney last night. Pissed away 3 points with his tactical adjustments after we took the lead.

I hope Insigne's injury is nothing serious.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Man that was a tough watch..... The ending was brutal and reminded me of last years team. I'm going to give the backline some grace as they all get up to speed with each other, it's extremely early days for that group.

I hope Insigne's injury is not too terrible. When ever a player goes down off the ball like that it's usually a bad sign... If he is out for a long period of time it may put some extra pressure on management to utilize that final DP spot.

One thing i really liked was Servania, breath of fresh air in the midfield. Long term I think he can be a key player for the club.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bradley Sr. was outcoached by Rooney last night. Pissed away 3 points with his tactical adjustments after we took the lead.
I don't really see it being a tactical issue. We controlled most of the game and then let it all go at the end of the night.

The marking on the Benteke goal was shocking, you cannot let a guy like that have space in the box.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kadin Ching contract terminated. Also sounds like we may get some Insigne injury news later today.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

I hope Insigne's injury is nothing serious.
what happened in game? missed it I was on an island 50 miles off Aruba with no internet for a few days

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Color me as someone who is not a fan of this Manning and Bradley regime.

I don't like this team as it is and I also don't know what they want to be.

Seems like they are making it up as they go along. I don’t know how you fork over the amount of money they did for Insigne and Berny while leaving a DP spot open and having several holes throughout the line-up.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We blew a 2 goal lead with 8 minutes left in regulation.
OMG what a f*ck up .. I thought we got rid of that sieve tender from last year????????????? .. I will have to watch next game .. i am not a believer that a pro coach should ever coach his son .. it is just flat out wrong .. if they are going to keep senior then junior must be traded asap .. but i felt for past 3-4 years da real problem was junior .. but it is very hard to say this as junior carried us as captain those 3 years back in 2017 when he was in his prime .. he has been finished for a few years now .. tough one that new president or GM will have to clean up .. hopefully junior retires gracefully

Reactions: hockeywiz542

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
I guess the game is not televised?
Think this one is apple tv - they have gotten the big contract now and put some major money in, so might mean getting apple tv in order to watch long-term. Feels weird for it not to be on cable however....

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Johnson was massive in this one, he will end up helping this team earn 15 or so more points on his own. Massive to have a GK we can trust again.

The one thing that was clear to me today is that we need to sign a Striker with that DP spot. Diomande is not good enough or consistent enough to be the starter here, and Akinola is also too inconsistent. I think that third DP spot will be used on a striker that has the talent to keep up with Berna and Insigne.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Rick Westhead is a rabble rouser. He must live a pretty disappointing and depressing existence considering he enjoys rummaging through peoples garbage. Media in this country should be purged.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Rick Westhead is a rabble rouser. He must live a pretty disappointing and depressing existence considering he enjoys rummaging through peoples garbage. Media in this country should be purged.
We need some context for this

Normally, Westhead is either purely relaying a legal issue or giving an opinion on a legal situation (which is already public)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What is this take? He did great work on the Hockey Canada debacle and continues to bring to light important issues with Canada Soccer. He is doing great and important journalism.

Brutal look from you tbh.

Normally, Westhead is either purely relaying a legal issue or giving an opinion on a legal situation (which is already public)
He also brings to light stories that would otherwise go unnoticed or would not get the fair amount of air time. Thinking back to the Hockey Canada stuff, he brought up key information that had been buried for years. We learned about deep rooted issues with money allocations, the 03 team, etc.

I think the voice he brings is really important to have in the media scene.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
so what's up with TFC this season? I haven't had a chance to watch any games yet due to saturday commitments that end this week.

Do they look any more organized and cohesive? Does the roster look more balanced on the field (i.e. not relying on kids with zero MLS experience)?

A draw in Atlanta seems like a decent result based on history.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
so what's up with TFC this season? I haven't had a chance to watch any games yet due to saturday commitments that end this week.

Do they look any more organized and cohesive? Does the roster look more balanced on the field (i.e. not relying on kids with zero MLS experience)?

We stole a point in Atlanta thanks to Johnson having a great game in goal. We were otherwise dominated in possession and scoring chances.

Hopefully it will get better with more familiarity among our new players, but I'm not that confident in Bob Bradley's tactical deployment to be honest.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
What is this take? He did great work on the Hockey Canada debacle and continues to bring to light important issues with Canada Soccer. He is doing great and important journalism.

Brutal look from you tbh.

He also brings to light stories that would otherwise go unnoticed or would not get the fair amount of air time. Thinking back to the Hockey Canada stuff, he brought up key information that had been buried for years. We learned about deep rooted issues with money allocations, the 03 team, etc.

I think the voice he brings is really important to have in the media scene.

He smeared innocent young men that did absolutely nothing wrong. As for Soccer Canada, the players, especially the female players, should not be paid with taxpayer funds. Female sports are nicher than niche. No interest and therefore no money. Westhead is a fraud.

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Mist

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Ok watched both 1st 2 games last night on video .. to me we got lucky to get 1 point and it is only due to our new tender we got that 1 TBH .. we have same problem as last year we are getting completely outrun in midfield .. until this issue is fixed our only chance is to outscore opposition and get great tending to hold a lead .. not a great recipe for success

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Should be good, likely 4th or around there in the conference. Lots up in the air with Insigne injured and that open DP spot.

Definitely more balanced this year. I really like the trade for Servania, could be a key in the midfield as he continues to get accustomed to the team.

The Atlanta game was a tough watch, escaping with a point was a major win on the day. DC was a solid road game up until the 90th minute collapse where we forgot to defend against Christian Benteke.... Overall, some clear areas to grow. I think as the season goes on we will see improvements.

Early retunes on Johnson also amazing. His signing alone will bring 10-15 more points this year. An actual game changing level of Goalkeeping, something we have not had in a long while.

Reactions: fancy lad

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
We need some context for this

He did an entire expose on my friends JR Hockey team and basically made them look like horrible people who shouldn't be around the game. Things came down and my friend (whose name was brought up by Westhead) had not done anything. He was promoted, and still nothing from ole Ricky Westhead apologizing for listening to one angry, rich families anger for the kid being a cut. What a world, you can spew garbage and no repercussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad