Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - 2023 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Finally omg this was WORST coach we ever had .. you never ever ever sign a coach to coach his son .. it never ever ever works .. everyone else on team knows blood is thicker than team .. he was doomed from minute 1 .. also makes me realize Manning is a moron too .. he should be out door next for making a house league decision like that .. so obvious omg brutal

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is great news, likely too late in the season though. On the other hand, Dunfield? Are we serious?

Hopefully we find the right person to take this club forward in the not too distant future.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
LOL! seiously?

i just googled it and it IS true.
bonkers. TFC gong show truly continues.
I'm glad I took this season off.

This is great news, likely too late in the season though. On the other hand, Dunfield? Are we serious?

Hopefully we find the right person to take this club forward in the not too distant future.
Is there much of a benefit to a tank in the MLS? Terry would make the ultimate commander.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Exclusivity rights with One Soccer and Apple TV are having a detrimental impact on the popularity of the CMNT and TFC.

Most casual fans have no idea when matches are even scheduled nowadays.
I don’t even watch the league anymore and I was just starting to pay attention the past few years. Very little interest now due to the leagues move to Apple.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I just wrote on Sat. Night how can this guy still have a job and alleluia he’s out a few days later. Right move. Nevermind he’s a past his due date coach, but he wasn’t getting along with the stars of this team. Now they have to hire the right coach and get some decent defenders and a good striker.

Reactions: robertmac43

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I just wrote on Sat. Night how can this guy still have a job and alleluia he’s out a few days later. Right move. Nevermind he’s a past his due date coach, but he wasn’t getting along with the stars of this team. Now they have to hire the right coach and get some decent defenders and a good striker.
you dont have to 'like' the stars, but, you sure as hell should be expected to use them properly, which he didnt.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It will be interesting to see how the next couple of games go. Will the DP's look alive right away? They have looked poor as of late but I attribute a lot of that to quietly quitting.

I'm actually looking forward to the home game this weekend, that is something new to me.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
It will be interesting to see how the next couple of games go. Will the DP's look alive right away? They have looked poor as of late but I attribute a lot of that to quietly quitting.

I'm actually looking forward to the home game this weekend, that is something new to me.
I think their Canadian adventure has been a failure and it would shock me if they haven't already checked out mentally. I fully expect their agents to be working on some kind of transfer for this upcoming European season. Well maybe not for Insigne because he is making serious money that i don't think another team would be willing to pony up.

Also i saw the Canadian roster for the gold cup, and it is honestly dissapointing. Most of the 'big name' players are not on the squad. They clearly are not treating this tournament with any real importance. It's a shame as last year i would have put us up as gold cup challengers. Now not so much.

God, my enthusiasm for Canadian and Toronto soccer is taking a serious nose dive.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Well, the DPs have no excuse now that Bradley is gone. I hope we see them play to their potential.

Reactions: robertmac43

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Also i saw the Canadian roster for the gold cup, and it is honestly dissapointing. Most of the 'big name' players are not on the squad. They clearly are not treating this tournament with any real importance. It's a shame as last year i would have put us up as gold cup challengers. Now not so much.
Well having a national program to be proud of was fun while it lasted.

Not to quote myself but i called it. Can’t beat Guadeloupe AS THE HOME TEAM. f***ing shocking.

even with a b team it should have been a blow out. its almost like the CSA is trying to undo all the progress it made last year.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The 90th minute collapses are starting to get funny. From the first game of the year until now, it's the same thing every time.

This kind of nails a couple things on the head.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad