Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion (2022 Edition) - Italy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Hey guys, my team, Nottingham Forest, have been linked with trying to sign Laryea.

What are your thoughts on him? I see he's said to be a RB/RWB or CM. Strengths, weaknesses... etc?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hey guys, my team, Nottingham Forest, have been linked with trying to sign Laryea.

What are your thoughts on him? I see he's said to be a RB/RWB or CM. Strengths, weaknesses... etc?
If he plays the way he's played for the National Team, he's a beast. All heart.

Reactions: GBLeaf

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
If he plays the way he's played for the National Team, he's a beast. All heart.

We love heart, here!

We've been quite lucky with the few North American's we've had. I used to love watching Jim Brennan fly down the left wing and although he had a bad injury, Benny Olsen was a livewire during his loan from DC. (I'll not discuss Robbie Findley... )

Reactions: LeafChief

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015

He may make the bench in the Championship,but if you guys ever get promoted,he’d be nowhere good enough.imo.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Very fast getting forward. Very athletic.

However, he is a headcase. His fake tough guy routine gets a little tiresome for me.

I would much rather he didn't start for the national team, but with formation and lack of depth at the back, he's played quite regularly.

I think he could be a decent championship player. I wish him all the best.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Crazy stamina, the occasional fancy footwork at the edge of the box, randomly hot headed :laugh:

To me he kind of came out of nowhere and 2 seasons ago I was quite sure he'd draw interest from Europe. Don't really know how to rate this past season, the whole squad was a mess.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Thank you.

Stamina is vital in the Championship, the intensity in our league can be crazy. A few people have said he is quite fiery now, something that would be tested here, as intelligent players will get players with a hot temper Red Carded very easily.

Reactions: LeafChief

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Thank you.

Stamina is vital in the Championship, the intensity in our league can be crazy. A few people have said he is quite fiery now, something that would be tested here, as intelligent players will get players with a hot temper Red Carded very easily.

Yeah he's quick and athletic and plays with a ton of heart but that often can gets him into card trouble or him making stupid decisions

That's more or less the scouting report on him. He's also looked really good with the Canadian national team during their qualifying run - haven't watched much TFC this year

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Yes, only Jimmy.

If he has a similar impact at Forest to Brennan, then we'll all be delighted.

Fun (boring) fact. One of our most gifted Academy players in the team now, Brennan Johnson (20yrs old and wanted by Premier League teams), is named after Jimmy. Brennan's dad, David was a Forest player alongside Jim Brennan and they were good friends.

Reactions: TMLeafer

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Our local media are reporting Laryea is having his medical tomorrow. So looks like all systems go!
How long have you supported Forest? They have a pretty unique history winning the Euro Cup twice with Clough, and having some studs early in the Premier League era with Roy Keane and Sherringham.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Really solid on the ball. As mentioned by others he has fast feet and can take players on. He can open up space for others with solid runs and his tireless work rate and can provide some dangerous service on overlaps.

All and all I think he could make a real impact in the Championship. I don't think he has reached his full potential yet and will continue to grow with Nottingham.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I very much disagree with a lot of the Layrea talk here.

He plays on the edge, but very rarely, if ever, lets it boil over into something troublesome during the match. Even the spitting incident against Panama really didn't blow up until after the final whistle. If anything, his attitude will play perfectly into the culture of the Championship.

Very good fit for Cooper's system and can play either RWB/LWB.

Scion

May 25, 2012
I thought Laryea was one of our best players the last few years. I am not surprised that he is moving up in competition.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
How long have you supported Forest? They have a pretty unique history winning the Euro Cup twice with Clough, and having some studs early in the Premier League era with Roy Keane and Sherringham.

All my life. I was too young to really remember the huge success in the late 80s early 90s, I remember us finishing 3rd in the Prem, then getting to the QF of the then Uefa Cup losing to Bayern Munich, when Klinsmann scored a hat-trick. A few years later and we were relegated, it's largely been poor since. It's kind of why I chose the Leafs... It felt like my destiny.

Reactions: al secord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad