Player Discussion Torey Krug III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Krug and Miller as a third pairing would be the best for this team.

If we can get a solid #1 guy to play with McAvoy. McDonagh wouldve been a great guy for this spot. Instead of Nash move.
You can have Chara play with Carlo on the 2nd pair.

You can bring up McDonagh but unless the Bruins were giving up Debrusk, it wasn’t happening. And rightfully so.

Curious how Carlo is a 2nd pairing guy but Krug isn’t?

Krug:
Offensively = excellent
Defense = average

Carlo:
Offensively = awful
Defense = good

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Krug and Miller as a third pairing would be the best for this team.

If we can get a solid #1 guy to play with McAvoy. McDonagh wouldve been a great guy for this spot. Instead of Nash move.
You can have Chara play with Carlo on the 2nd pair.
This is what they need to do....And give Krug PP time. When Krug wants more money when his deal runs out...Then we trade him in a couple years. Not now. His D has improved....He has sand. Thing with him is he tries the fancy play that he got away with in college and all his life in this league...Cant get away with it here...Should be now have learned to stop that by now.....I would talk to Winnipeg about Trouba...Him and Charlie would be all time great....

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This is what they need to do....And give Krug PP time. When Krug wants more money when his deal runs out...Then we trade him in a couple years. Not now. His D has improved....He has sand. Thing with him is he tries the fancy play that he got away with in college and all his life in this league...Cant get away with it here...Should be now have learned to stop that by now.....I would talk to Winnipeg about Trouba...Him and Charlie would be all time great....

Must have missed the reports, that Trouba wants to stay in Winnipeg.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You can bring up McDonagh but unless the Bruins were giving up Debrusk, it wasn’t happening. And rightfully so.

Curious how Carlo is a 2nd pairing guy but Krug isn’t?

Krug:
Offensively = excellent
Defense = average

Carlo:
Offensively = awful
Defense = good

I give the edge to Carlo, just because he is alot better defensively and he's alot bigger. Offensively he is brutal, but I think Krug is brutal defensively.

I just keep going back to that game 3 against Tampa, where Gryz gave them goal 1, then Krug didnt take a man in front and Palat had an easy deflection goal. Our small defensemen were abused that series. Carlo especially towards the end of the season had started playing his best hockey.

To be honest if Carlo was healthy in that Tampa series. I wouldve paired him with Holden and kept krug with Miller.
Just think you need the big bodies in there, especially playoff time.

Reactions: JOKER 192

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I give the edge to Carlo, just because he is alot better defensively and he's alot bigger. Offensively he is brutal, but I think Krug is brutal defensively.

I just keep going back to that game 3 against Tampa, where Gryz gave them goal 1, then Krug didnt take a man in front and Palat had an easy deflection goal. Our small defensemen were abused that series. Carlo especially towards the end of the season had started playing his best hockey.

To be honest if Carlo was healthy in that Tampa series. I wouldve paired him with Holden and kept krug with Miller.
Just think you need the big bodies in there, especially playoff time.

I also wondered if Holden was hurt since they kept talking about their small left D's getting abused, but didn't go with their 6'4 215lb option.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Apparently it's okay to have several big defencemen on your defence corps regardless of how well they skate, but having 2 small d-men is unconscionable.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Apparently it's okay to have several big defencemen on your defence corps regardless of how well they skate, but having 2 small d-men is unconscionable.
Hockey management and fandom is still full of size queens, despite multitudes of players showing that size isn't as important as some people think.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Imo the end all with Torey is pretty simple... Good player but he just has to have the right defensive cast. IE bigger defensive defensemen that eat up the minutes vs the other teams top lines... Issue with that is injuries, players get injured and he can't handle power forwards, or bigger players in general.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
... Krug might have to pass b/c of his broken leg, but they could compare contracts...

As I've said before here many times I have nothing against Krug or Gryz.

Both of them on the left with Chara isn't ideal.

Gryz had a plus 21 regular season and flashes of Krugtivity.

Krug has value and a trade clause about to be realized.

So I say let's shop Krug

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
As I've said before here many times I have nothing against Krug or Gryz.

Both of them on the left with Chara isn't ideal.

Gryz had a plus 21 regular season and flashes of Krugtivity.

Krug has value and a trade clause about to be realized.

So I say let's shop Krug
Gryzleck has 15 points in his NHL career - Krug has 12 pts in 11 playoff games this year. It’s not either or for them and I’d pump the breaks on any gryzleck being Krug- esque talk. The only thing they have in common is their size.

Reactions: wintersej

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Gryzleck has 15 points in his NHL career - Krug has 12 pts in 11 playoff games this year. It’s not either or for them and I’d pump the breaks on any gryzleck being Krug- esque talk. The only thing they have in common is their size.

You (or really Sweenius) have now less than a month to decide.

There's no time to ride the brakes, you either throw it in park, goose it or hit up mapquest for an alternate route.

Edit: A plus 21 and only eleven points, the kid must have at least a few terciary assists? I know those don't go on the books but the numbers make me wonder?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Krug is still 3rd in pts for a defenseman in the playoffs - his last game was a month ago. #manhandled

Where is he for 5v5 goals against right now because he led the entire playoffs in that category at the end of the Tampa series. And he was on the ice for a short handed goal against as well.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So what your point, if other are worse that makes him good?
Burns and Hedman were first and third in Norris voting last year- if you’re better than that then yeah you’re pretty good

Where is he for 5v5 goals against right now because he led the entire playoffs in that category at the end of the Tampa series. And he was on the ice for a short handed goal against as well.
Not sure - the NHL site has him 38th among defensemen in 5v5 shots against with 151 (199 5v5 shots for).

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad