Confirmed Trade: [TOR/STL/MIN] O'Reilly, Acciari, Pillar to TOR; Abramov, Gaudette, ‘23 1st, ‘23 3rd, ‘24 2nd to STL; ‘25 4th to MIN

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Was from the O Reilly Factor. He had that nickname here. Not sure if it started here or Colorado or Buffalo.

This is the level of player he is. Rises to the occasion, plays the toughest matchups, and generally succeeds. Fantastic player and leader on the ice.

I wish we would’ve gotten a different pick than Torontos so I could root for him.

They said on the broadcast it started in St Louis.

Bluesish

Embrace Mediocracy
Nov 19, 2011
Rust Belt, USA
So glad to have him. He leaves it all out there, and I think most Blues fans support that.
I low-key wouldn't mind TOR winning the cup if ROR won another Conn Smyth. He would start to move into fringe HoFer talk, especially having done it with Toronto. He's getting his due praise in hockey Mecca that he simply wouldn't have gotten in St. Louis.

Also, I'm curious if Dubas's analytics and spreadsheets favored ROR or if he broke his own mold and said F it.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I low-key wouldn't mind TOR winning the cup if ROR won another Conn Smyth. He would start to move into fringe HoFer talk, especially having done it with Toronto. He's getting his due praise in hockey Mecca that he simply wouldn't have gotten in St. Louis.

Also, I'm curious if Dubas's analytics and spreadsheets favored ROR or if he broke his own mold and said F it.
I would say he broke the mold this year.

He has before but not to the level he went this past trade deadline.

ROR has been a treat to watch. Accari is no slouch either

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Was from the O Reilly Factor. He had that nickname here. Not sure if it started here or Colorado or Buffalo.

This is the level of player he is. Rises to the occasion, plays the toughest matchups, and generally succeeds. Fantastic player and leader on the ice.

I wish we would’ve gotten a different pick than Torontos so I could root for him.
No it wasn't. It did start in Colorado but it had nothing to do with the show.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
No I saw reality. So did every other blues fan. I just have a very long memory and rub it in peeps faces when they are wrong.

Tor fans are very iradict. I do hope you guys lose in the second round for a better pick but wouldn't be mad if you guys won the whole thing. Just because ror deserves it
Like you do realize Leaf fans aren't some giant single entity right? We don't have a weekly meeting to all come to a decision on what our opinions are going to be for the week :laugh: There were people that didn't want to trade for him and people that did. That is just facts.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Like you do realize Leaf fans aren't some giant single entity right? We don't have a weekly meeting to all come to a decision on what our opinions are going to be for the week :laugh: There were people that didn't want to trade for him and people that did. That is just facts.
that's why when I generalized the group, I did so by there collective response to the rumors of orielly to tor and then when the trade actually happened. Most did not like it. But all in all leafs fans seem to be bi polar. One moment they are claiming a player is the greatest ot all time then the following week ready to throw them away (under the bus).

You can't really argue it. Just check the tor board or any other threads . Lol

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
that's why when I generalized the group, I did so by there collective response to the rumors of orielly to tor and then when the trade actually happened. Most did not like it. But all in all leafs fans seem to be bi polar. One moment they are claiming a player is the greatest ot all time then the following week ready to throw them away (under the bus).

You can't really argue it. Just check the tor board or any other threads . Lol
No the responses against it just stood out more to you then the ones in favour of the move. You are generalizing the reactions of an entire massive fan base because you saw some people not want to trade for him like there weren’t people that felt the opposite. Like you honestly think there weren’t Leaf fans in favour of trading for him? You can’t honestly believe that.

Reactions: Petrus

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
No the responses against it just stood out more to you then the ones in favour of the move. You are generalizing the reactions of an entire massive fan base because you saw some people not want to trade for him like there weren’t people that felt the opposite. Like you honestly think there weren’t Leaf fans in favour of trading for him? You can’t honestly believe that.
Not to mention the negative comments on the first couple pages of this thread are almost exclusively fans of other teams making fun of the Leafs for overpaying...

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That guy is weird interacting with Leaf fans lol. He had mad beef with some cause of Knies vs Snuggerud. He didn't like some were saying Knies was a more impact player on minny this year.

I would just ignore him lol. Man cries about shit that isnt even really there.

Like he pointed to the front page of this thread as evidence that Leaf fans didnt want him... But the only people I see ripping on the trade were non-leaf fans.

Reactions: Kurtz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Most of you trashed orielly very few defenders of him.

There are so many bad takes on oreilly. In this thread too. First couple pages

Hey now, if I recall correctly there is a 49 page thread, created on December 1st all about how great it would be if ROR became a Leaf.

So far he's been everything Toronto could want.

Reactions: uncleben

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

Are St Louis fans done with this? Jesus, how long are you going to drag this point out.

Anyways, hoping we sign ROR back. He's got a nice little lucrative endorsement with a big chain here so I am hoping that means he's sticking around.

Him and Knies make quite an opposing duo out there. Couple of big fellas.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Are St Louis fans done with this? Jesus, how long are you going to drag this point out.

Anyways, hoping we sign ROR back. He's got a nice little lucrative endorsement with a big chain here so I am hoping that means he's sticking around.

No not quite yet everytime he does well and puts points up we will let you all know how wrong most of you where

Reactions: Tryblot

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
No not quite yet everytime he does well and puts points up we will let you all know how wrong most of you where
Not the moral victory you think it is, I am sure many have already put you on Ignore.

Meanwhile, we will keep fawning over our boy. You guys could have been one of those awesome supportive fanbases for a legend like ROR but instead it's just whining and griefing.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Not the moral victory you think it is, I am sure many have already put you on Ignore.

Meanwhile, we will keep fawning over our boy. You guys could have been one of those awesome supportive fanbases for a legend like ROR but instead it's just whining and griefing.
It's all about how he feels, he has literally no substance to his claims. I think he just feels bad that his team had to trade a fan fav and their captain, and this odd narrative makes him feel a bit better about it.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

Join every Blues fan on this site by ignoring him. Person doesn't even post on the Blues forum, just trolls on the main boards. Although once every person on the site puts him on ignore, he just creates a new account and starts over. This is his third one already.

Also, is there a single other Blues fan doing the bolded?

Might as well use a frequently recycled statement on these boards: "It's just one or two of the vocal minority, don't lump all Leaf Blues fans in with this idiot."

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

I defended him and wanted him. The only thing that scared me was the foot injury. Glad I was wrong about that.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

St. Louis fans, or one HF commentator.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Factor with 7 points in 4 games, not the biggest factor tonight that's probably Auston Matthews with his 2 goals tonight but ROR with 2 more assists.

ROR, and Acciari have been EVERYTHING the Leafs could possibly have wanted and more.

And you know what we can't forget about Acciari because while ROR gets all the headlines, and rightly so, Acciari has 2 goals himself it's not like he's not contributing because he absolutely is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00