Confirmed Trade: [TOR/STL/MIN] O'Reilly, Acciari, Pillar to TOR; Abramov, Gaudette, ‘23 1st, ‘23 3rd, ‘24 2nd to STL; ‘25 4th to MIN

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It was quite a few. Don't act like you didn't see it. It was taking place 2 weeks before trade saying that orielly was worth a late 2nd and cap dump lol
People say a lot of stuff about "what happened before" knowing full well no one has time to go back and look through 10 threads each 20 pages long. I guess we will just take your word on it. Darn, you sure got us?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yep creates an absolute matchup nightmare.

Really good decision for the Leafs. They probably could’ve stood to upgrade the goaltending too. But I don’t think there were many options out there to do so and not any cap to do so either.

ROR should open the ice up for the top two lines in a shutdown role and play pretty even with top opposition. Good to see him rise from the dead after miraculously healing from what some made seem to be a career ending foot injury from blocking a shot.

I kept hearing the nickname "the factor" during the game

I don't know where or when that started but I can tell you this.

He tied the game with a minute to go and won the faceoff that ended it.

Tonight he lived up to that nickname, tonight ROR was "The Factor."

5 points in 3 games

Last edited:

Marner980

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah he is been a monster!

But wasn’t Foligno also paying decent in the beginning of the series last year, I hope my memory isn’t playing with me lol.

Then because of the series being a complete gong show in game 7, everyone turned on him?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I was wrong, he got an assist on the opening goal too, so he had 3 points tonight so it's 5 points in 3 games not 4

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016

4 points in 3 games
It's a reference to 'The O'Reilly Factor' that aired on FOX News for 2 decades

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Yeah I feel like I was in the non-Leafs fan minority, but I knew this would be the ROR they’d get.

The guy brings the no-quit approach that you need to be effective in the playoffs.

Colorado went out to grab Lehky last TDL and he went on to be an integral part of their team.

Is O’Reilly a bit slower now being older? Sure. However I doubt any team would pass on having this kinda guy on their roster.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

But wasn’t Foligno also paying decent in the beginning of the series last year, I hope my memory isn’t playing with me lol.

Then because of the series being a complete gong show in game 7, everyone turned on him?

No you are probably thinking about his first 7 games as a Leaf where he had 5 assists, then he got hurt

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Naw, Foligno was playing decent PPG in the regular season before he got hurt.

He was a bit of a shell of himself but did the best he could in the playoffs trying to play through it.

Injuries smoked the Leafs hard that year.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Habs fans were saying Monahan had the same value as ROR too, HILARIOUS
Yeah seems some leaf and Hab fans were 🤪 about ror trade value

Naw, Foligno was playing decent PPG in the regular season before he got hurt.

He was a bit of a shell of himself but did the best he could in the playoffs trying to play through it.

Injuries smoked the Leafs hard that year.
Foligno was never on ror level

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Yeah seems some leaf and Hab fans were 🤪 about ror trade value

Foligno was never on ror level

I dont think a guy of RORs level was available at that price then.

The combination of being on a bad team and one of the unluckiest players in the league really made the trade a bargain.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
It's a reference to 'The O'Reilly Factor' that aired on FOX News for 2 decades

we-will-do-it-live-do-it-live.gif

I'm glad you all are enjoying your new toys, I want you to know I think of the draft picks we received fondly and often. Right now I'm pretending the 2023 1st is going to turn into RD Maxim Strbak and I get to entertain that idea up until Armstrong trades it for some guy I don't want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Blues fans told y’all lol. There were so many posts in this forum trashing ROR prior to this trade.

Marner980

Jun 21, 2019
Man I really hope the Leafs don’t blow up the series or else everyone will quickly turn off on ROR regardless of how well he performs overall.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

5 points in 3 games

Was from the O Reilly Factor. He had that nickname here. Not sure if it started here or Colorado or Buffalo.

This is the level of player he is. Rises to the occasion, plays the toughest matchups, and generally succeeds. Fantastic player and leader on the ice.

I wish we would’ve gotten a different pick than Torontos so I could root for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad