Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Patrick Marleau (3 years, $6.25M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So again if he hasn't won a Cup and the Leafs are a contender he's just going to give up on his final shot to "save" the Leafs?

I can guarantee you that Marleau won't play for the Leafs in his third year. Bet?

He might not even be on the team July 2nd, 2019.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
And the leafs are still run by morons. What a circus of an organization. RIGHT when we all thought they were turning the corner and building a team the right way they make a move like this.

Typical Toronto.

**In before someone attacks the canucks to get back at me** won't change the fact you guys are paying old man Marlerau that much.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well, we only got shut out 2 times last year, that’s the best in the league. Pittsburgh was shut out 4 times. So “unstoppableâ€Â might be the correct term. Cheers

BTW I̢۪m only talking about offence, you seem to think we̢۪re talking about wins, which we̢۪re not and have never been.

I really don't think you know what the definition of unstoppable is, but I'm done trying to educate you. If you want to live in that delusion, go ahead.

There were better teams offensively than Toronto. That alone disputes this entire post. Pittsburgh may have been shut out two more times, but they scored 31 more goals. They also, you know, won a Stanley Cup. A team that was out-scored by 4 other teams does not have an unstoppable offense. Yes, even if you "aren't talking about wins."

You can "fan" this up as much as you want, but there is no argument for Toronto having an unstoppable offense. They were stopped. In the 1st round. Somewhat interestingly, they were stopped by a team that out-scored them in the regular season.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Do they have money left for dmen or they really plan on winning with that defense?

They should have thrown the money at Markov instead

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
And the leafs are still run by morons. What a circus of an organization. RIGHT when we all thought they were turning the corner and building a team the right way they make a move like this.

Typical Toronto.

You will either be called a Hater, or some one will point out who you cheer for.

Just watch

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I can guarantee you that Marleau won't play for the Leafs in his third year. Bet?

He might not even be on the team July 2nd, 2019.

If they are a contender and Marleau has no Cups he's going to want his last shot.

He has NMC.

Leafs have done so well with building their roster but this is a mistake and it could cost a lot in the end.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Overpaid but the term is reasonable.

Unless they're getting rid of jvr, I don't really see the need for marleau. Seems like that money could be better spent elsewhere. Like defense.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
If they are a contender and Marleau has no Cups he's going to want his last shot.

He has NMC.

Agreed he won't be willing to waive for trade and also won't be willing to say he can't play because of health problems if he doesn't have any either.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Do they have money left for dmen or they really plan on winning with that defense?

They should have thrown the money at Markov instead

Did you see the defense Pittsburgh just won with? The game is changing.

If you have the puck all the time and Patrick Marleau is your 7th best forward in PPG, how much D do you even need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad