Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retained), 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 7th round pick for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
The showboating going on here and on twitter reminds me of the trash talking Sharks fans after getting Erik Karlsson for what they thought was a steal. I like this move but only if it leads to Giroux or Chychrun.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Murray is a skilled goalie but maybe it was our crap defense and his injuries but he should do better Toronto. How much better.... Well we will have to see. It did not work out, we moved on.Not our problem now.

Happy to have Iceberg Forsberg and Gus the Bus take the reins. Gus has not been given the proper chance to develop between NHL/AHL covid, Injuries and 3 goalies system. He needs to get his reps and not have to worry about looking over his shoulder and just focus on his game. Iceberg and Bus have the support of the team more then Murray ever did.

Reactions: Cosmix and coladin

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The showboating going on here and on twitter reminds me of the trash talking Sharks fans after getting Erik Karlsson for what they thought was a steal. I like this move but only if it leads to Giroux or Chychrun.
I would settle for Weegar or even Manson, buy low on Fowler, say Sucks retain 50% for Ott 2013 1st protected.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
It was an anchor and needed to be done and the terms were good. Good reason to be happy.

It is quite odd though to be giving up 3 pieces and still have to pay out more than the average person will make in their lifetime for nothing, and it's a good thing.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
For sure there's work to be done and the excitement here is probably temporary and conditional on that, but Murray's due to make 15 million the next two seasons on a team with a below cap ceiling budget. It feels like a sigh of relief more than anything just knowing other possibilities are at least more likely because of that albatross being mostly out of the way. And the drama storyline is gone to boot.

A lot were thinking it was buyout or nothing heading in to the summer which looked much worse.

It seems like this along with one more contract in Zaitsev or Brown being dealt, could lead to something like Giroux AND Chychrun instead of just one.

Reactions: Cosmix

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Yes we’re over celebrating Dorion’s sending assets to fix his own poor mistake, but imo credit to him for getting out of it with relatively minor cost. It’s a fair perspective to be critical of Dorion here, looking at the bigger picture.

Plus the epic troll job of the reality of “sweeteners” vs leaf fan expectations makes the whole thing so damn sweet. What an exciting week it’s been, thanks to Dorion. Regardless of how you feel about him, it’s been a fun time to be a sens fan!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yessssss

Now let's get truly crazy and get Gibson :naughty:

Props where they are due, Dorion is absolutely killing it right now. Best off-season ever for him and free agency hasn't even kicked in

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Garrioch said they might target someone to backup Forsberg this upcoming season.
They truly need to give Gue a fair shot at backing up Forsberg. Between Murray, Injuries, covid, limited reps he has not been given a fair chance. He needs a year to two years as a backup and getting reps as he has potential.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They truly need to give Gue a fair shot at backing up Forsberg. Between Murray, Injuries, covid, limited reps he has not been given a fair chance. He needs a year to two years as a backup and getting reps as he has potential.
I agree. Murray pooched Gus’s season . Gus didn’t get to play much because of Murray being hurt , then not, and Ottawa trying to ride Murray, then Forsberg gets in and gets hot, and Gus can’t get anything going. At best, this will allow Gus to get in a regular playing pattern.

I have a bad feeling that Koskinen may come back to Ottawa in a Connor Brown trade…

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Getting rid of Murray and screwing over the Leafs in one swoop. Good day no matter how you look at it.

Can't say I'm especially confident heading into the season with a Fors/Gus tandem. But I don't think I'd be any more confident with Murray in the picture anyways.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
No one feels just a little worried that Murray could find his redemption arc, finally have all the changes to his game come together and lead the leafs to a solid season? Seems at least possible. Hope not.

I remember drafting a #1C, #1D, and signing a #1G and thinking what a great day. But like Karlsson getting aggressive and getting burned, what made him great was how he could recover. And Dorion looks to have pulled off a decent recovery here, like with Dadonov, if Murray continues to be like he was here.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
No one feels just a little worried that Murray could find his redemption arc, finally have all the changes to his game come together and lead the leafs to a solid season? Seems at least possible. Hope not.

I remember drafting a #1C, #1D, and signing a #1G and thinking what a great day. But like Karlsson getting aggressive and getting burned, what made him great was how he could recover. And Dorion looks to have pulled off a decent recovery here, like with Dadonov, if Murray continues to be like he was here.
I could see it. He’s with people he’s familiar with and is close with the goalie coaching staff in Toronto. If he can just stay healthy I think he can be better than Campbell was. His glove side is still a concern but he can still be serviceable.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah this is actually probably a win for TO. Murray will be solid and they got two picks out of it. If he’s solid for them then they have him at a good salary too.

Meanwhile we just gave away two picks to get the terrible contract off the books after trading a 2nd and gruden for him.

Anyway, too early to say who benefits most. It depends on how he performs. But Dorion shouldn’t get any credit for wasting time cleaning up his godawful messes.

Reactions: Cosmix and Tuna99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad