Confirmed Trade: [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retained), 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 7th round pick for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I still can’t believe Dubas trades for Matt freaking Murray in the final year of his GM contract. A bad goalie with a history of injuries… and that’s your saviour?! Thank you so much Toronto ;)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lmfao Murray is made of glass.

This move by Dubas was downright dumbfounding. Why gamble on a bad goalie who gets hurt all of the time to be their starter?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
All the summer of supporting this move and telling others on Leafs forum that this was a great trade blew in your face buddy
I didn't spend all summer telling others that this was a great trade. I spent a couple days saying this is a great trade. And it was. How did it blow up in my face exactly?

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
You are all freaking out like we don't have Samsonov who is what 53-22 in his career. I hate Dubas as much as anyone, but he did have a back up plan for when this happened.

I just sort of assumed Samsonov was gonna get more games. Will he be good enough? I can't answer that, but we're not screwed yet.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Hey, with that space they could add Khudobin, Mrazek, or, if they wait a month or two, Andersen! And I am sure Murray will be happy to just sit out. Plus, they have two can’t-miss picks.

Called what? Murray won’t be on LTIR for the duration of his contract.
Called that Kallgren/Woll would be playing NHL games this year.

Källgren is a BEAST

have no fear leaf fans. You're in good hands.
I had none, because of this.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You are all freaking out like we don't have Samsonov who is what 53-22 in his career. I hate Dubas as much as anyone, but he did have a back up plan for when this happened.

I just sort of assumed Samsonov was gonna get more games. Will he be good enough? I can't answer that, but we're not screwed yet.
Everyone knew Sammy would take the reigns when Murray got injured, just hoped it was later in the season so he could work with our goalie coaches a little longer.

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Ah, dangit.

Attachments

• monkey-1.gif
    monkey-1.gif
    988.9 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad