Confirmed Trade: [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retained), 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 7th round pick for future considerations

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
5x5 Id rather pick up anyone over that term and that aav. sorry I just dont believe in him enough to give starters money. maybe 2x5m I could live with but no way with his play last year did I think he's worth 5x5.
With the cap going up, 5 x 5 isn't that bad. Its far better than 4.7M x 2 for an unreliable injury prone goaltender who's been trending downward the past 4 years. Duba shat the bed on trading for Murray.

Reactions: Martin Skoula

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Leafs can’t sign anyone though. Aren’t they at 50 contracts?

Let alone cap space issue even with Murray on LTIR….
They can recall one of the two other goaltenders they have under contract.

I believe they can use an "emergency recall" to avoid putting Murray on LTIR.

Edit: Just learned that one of two was injured last night and the other one was loaned to an European club. Tough luck...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They can recall one of the two other goaltenders they have under contract.

I believe they can use an "emergency recall" to avoid putting Murray on LTIR.
Kallgren left last nights game, The other goalie went back to Europe.
They need to sign a university goalie for 1 game tonight.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It's not 1 game, the sample size is 5 seasons with the same issues that have gotten progressively worse. His athleticism is poor, that leads him to drop early on the shooter and he has issues raising his left shoulder. Everyone in the league knows it

Even my kindergarten class knows

Reactions: Connor McConnor

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
It's hilarious seeing Sens fans chirp when they literally have their starting goalie down and out for a while

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
We all knew Dubas flipped a coin on Murray. It’s going to be Samsonov’s team this year. It was just whether it starts today or it was a month from now. Who they going to go get? Aiden Hill or Brossoit from Vegas?

Still go back to Husso. Think both the Leafs and Edmonton thought he’d hit UFA and both had to change things up quickly when Detroit screwed up their plans. Oilers had a backup plan, Leafs seemed to panic and almost immediately went after Murray.

I certainly didn’t believe Campbell was worth a 5 year deal but would’ve felt better with that deal than Dubas deciding instead to hinge a Cup window year, and his job, on Matt Murray.

All we can hope for is Samsonov takes this and runs with it. Once again, flipping a coin of hope.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I think that's where the ATO comes in. That's not a long term solution though. Kallgren was injured last night, Woll on season opening IR, the Leafs have no other goaltenders available to them. If Murray's situation drags on, it will be a difficult situation to manage.
It’s really not that difficult.
Trade out a prospect the team has lost faith in for future considerations. Sign one of the goalies we have on an AHL to an NHL deal.

Mar 12, 2009
I hated this move with the asterisk/caveat that it could be decent if Samsonov isn't horrible and Murray craps the bed, get's "injured", sent to LTIR island and free's up his cap until we trade ???.

Mar 26, 2010
This move by Dubas had a foul odor to it as soon as it went down.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
It's hilarious seeing Sens fans chirp when they literally have their starting goalie down and out for a while
Based on DJ Smith's interview at the beginning of training camp, I think the plan was always for Forsberg to be the starter for the Sens. He earned the job last year and was one of our MVPs for most of the season. Talbot was brought in as insurance since Forsberg only has one really strong season under his belt. Sens have been burned by one year wonder goalies in the past and Talbot is a proven goalie who would be a lot more reliable as a backup than Gustavsson.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The loser is the manager who built this garbage roster.
I wouldn’t say the roster is garbage . There is a lot of talent on it . It’s just that it is the wrong “ type” of talent and it isn’t spread out the most ideal way.
Im seeing it with my Devs now . We have talent ( not as much as the Leafs, but still a decent amount ) and it has got us nowhere. We have a bunch of water-bugs on forward , inexperienced D and no one really that hood defensively . We play a perimeter game and if the other team shuts down the neutral zone and negates the rush … it’s game over . Way too easy to play against.
Winning isn’t as simple as out- talenting the other team .
Oh , and our goaltending has been garbage , and I can see where it might be for the Leafs as well . Only difference is that the Leafs have the ability to outscore teams even with shitty goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad