Confirmed with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs Re-Sign Peter Holland [2 years/$775K AAV]

maketrades

May 30, 2014
Most likely that will be the case.

Cap hits last season of the 3 remaining:
Gardiner - $1,116,667
Franson - $2,000,000
Reimer - $1,800,000

I think the cap situation is looking pretty good for the foreseeable future.

You realize they're all getting substantial raises...right?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Nice, I am a big fan of Holland and his play really impressed me last year.

Kinda hoping they put him on the wing with Kadri and Lupul. I really think he could excel in offensive opportunities and having good linemates like those two would help. To round out the bottom 2 lines:

Komarov-Santorelli-Clarkson/Frattin
Ashton-Kontiola-Frattin/Clarkson

I'm hoping for this too. I think Holly is a better choice for #2RW than Frattin and Clarkson, hopefully Spott agrees as he did mentor the kid a few months ago.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Gardiner will likely get a 2 year deal worth 2mill in the first year and 2.25 mill in the 2nd.

Franson will get a 1 year deal worth 2.5.

Reimer will get around the same as he made last season.

The Leafs should have about 4.5-5 mill after everything.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Gardiner was reportedly looking at a 2 year bridge deal with a $3.0-$3.5M AAV IIRC.
Reimer gets more than $2M, less than $3M.
Franson hopefully gets traded, but if not, probably makes around $3M

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Gardiner will likely get a 2 year deal worth 2mill in the first year and 2.25 mill in the 2nd.

Franson will get a 1 year deal worth 2.5.

Reimer will get around the same as he made last season.

The Leafs should have about 4.5-5 mill after everything.

Reimer and Franson would easily get more than that in arbitration.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 5m
Holland is going to make 775K/year over his two-year deal. That's great value for a guy who could be a productive 3C over the two years.

its a cheap contract. its only value if he plays.

His QO was 1 year @$850,500 on 2-way deal.

So it looks like he took a little less cash but got a 2 year & 1-way deal paying him $775k.

its the right thing for him to do. looks like he has a smart agent. his cap hit is manageable enough that it allows him to stay with the leafs rather then risk getting waived and going g-d knows where.

I agree, I'd take both over Orr and Bodie easily.

But it doesn't change the fact that it is what it is and Leaf management can't change it. They have to try and ice the best roster.

You lose Bodie on waivers 100 times before you even risk losing a guy like Holland.

i dont see how orr is not the odd man out. also 100% smith is on the marlies so these are our 13 forwards.

considering we gave up a 2nd for holland he wont be the one getting waived.

I'm hoping for this too. I think Holly is a better choice for #2RW than Frattin and Clarkson, hopefully Spott agrees as he did mentor the kid a few months ago.

i would be interested to see holland with lupul and kadri. i think ultimately given clarksons cap hit he will be slotted on the 2nd line but if he plays like last year it will be short lived.

i also wouldnt mind holland on the 3rd line with kontiola and clarkson. clarkson had some chemistry with holland so they might make a good match.

jvr-bozak-kessel
lupul-kadri-frattin/ashton
kontiola-holland-clarkson
komorov-santorelli-bodie/frattin/ashton

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Really good to see a bit of change in MGMT here. Giving Holland and Ashton chances at roster spots, rather than UFA signing somebody to do it

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Nice. I want to see what Holland can do with a full time top 6 role on this team. He clearly has the offensive skills to rack up the points. Playing on the wing with Kadri and Lupul should help if given the chance.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Reimer and Franson would easily get more than that in arbitration.

Franson regressed this year, if the focus is on points alone he'll get a max of 3, but no matter what I would hope they trade him as soon as any of the marlie D-men have a decent showing at camp.

Reimer will get a small raise, 2.1-2.2m or so, he had a bad end to his year.

Jacob8hockey*

Franson regressed this year, if the focus is on points alone he'll get a max of 3, but no matter what I would hope they trade him as soon as any of the marlie D-men have a decent showing at camp.

Arbitration will basically go off his point totals which will still give him a solid pay.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Not last year.

We opted to lose Colborne (via trade) rather than waive McClaren.

and I dont miss him at all, guy was very mediocre with the Flames, was pushed down the lineup there numerous times with a very weak team. He would've been no better than Trevor Smith was for example.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
jvr-bozak-kessel
lupul-kadri-frattin/ashton
kontiola-holland-clarkson
komorov-santorelli-bodie/frattin/ashton

People actually want a lineup like that? its unreal how soft that is.

And we didnt pay Komarov 3 million to play on the 4th line, and Santorelli is better than both Frattin and Ashton by a large margin, and yet you have him on the 4th??

Not last year.

We opted to lose Colborne (via trade) rather than waive McClaren.

McLaren started the year on LTIR. He had nothing to do with trading Colborne because he wasnt even taking up a roster spot. Apparently facts dont matter when it comes to guys like McLaren though. Regardless Colborne sucks, anyone complaining about him being gone is just complaining for the sake of it.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

Reimer stats line up almost exactly with Bernier's. He has every right to ask for $3M and could get it.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
A straight G and all around great guy, follow him on twitter and read his articles. He's been a very fresh voice to hear who doesn't think and write like most of the media in this town.

I was just wondering how he seems to be the only one who has the AAV out there.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Good contract....I like Holland and hopefully he gets a chance to play his way into a bigger role. His contract allows him time to carve out a role on the team.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 5m
Holland is going to make 775K/year over his two-year deal. That's great value for a guy who could be a productive 3C over the two years.

That leaves 11 million to sign Reimer, Franson and Gardiner. Can be done, even though I think at least one of Reimer or Franson will be traded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad