Confirmed with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs Re-Sign Peter Holland [2 years/$775K AAV]

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
If its under 900K its makes no difference whether its a one or two way contract. 900K can be buried.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
2-way means nothing, it has nothing to do with waivers, it just means that they will earn different salaries based on being in the AHL or NHL.

I know he didn't need waivers last year, not sure on this year now.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
2-way means nothing, it has nothing to do with waivers, it just means that they will earn different salaries based on being in the AHL or NHL.

I know he didn't need waivers last year, not sure on this year now.

Yes Holland needs waivers this season to be demoted to the AHL and it would also be unlikely he would clear them. IMO

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I see people all the time ask if it's a "one-way" or "two-way" contract when a Player is signed.

Curious, as fans why do we care?

Kessley Snipes*

I see people all the time ask if it's a "one-way" or "two-way" contract when a Player is signed.

For one, two-way contracts provide a bit of an incentive to the player to make the NHL and earn the higher salary (which means more production for the team)

Jacob8hockey*

Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 5m
Holland is going to make 775K/year over his two-year deal. That's great value for a guy who could be a productive 3C over the two years.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
My guess is that his contract is going to be $925k.

Hopefully he gets some minutes. When he got the chance to play with Lupul last season, he looked pretty good.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 3m
One-way deal for Peter Holland.

To add, it`s also a 775k cap hit.

Pretty sweet deal. 2 year deal is perfect for him to grow into the lineup.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

A lot of people, thanks to the NHL series of video games, think it has something to do with waiver eligibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->