Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs extend Kerfoot (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Avs fans going to come in here and down play him, but they should be quickly ignored.

He's been a solid player, and just a team whipping boy.

^Obviously context is important, but those are solid numbers for a solid defensive forward.

2vjr9qp.png

zssnyx.jpg

Last edited:

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Lol Leafs have $3m to sign Marner. Hahaha.

Offer sheet has to be done. This is the biggest opportunity for any team to get a top liner on an offer sheet.

Reactions: Gh0st

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
4 years? And 3.5M per. Ouch.
You praised Lou for signing Brock Nelson for 6 years after having a combined 88 points in the past two years. Yet your saying a deal for a center who is younger and had 85 points( in a couple less games) is a bad deal? Kerfoot has low cap hit and only signed for 4 years. There is nothing ouch about this deal.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Why? He is 24 years old...it's not like he is 32 years old.
Kadri was making 4.5 for 3 more years. He was traded in part for cap savings. This contract defeats that purpose when Dubas signs Kerfoot at 3,5 x 4? 1M savings for a lesser Center, again on the smallish again side locked into a 4 year contract. I would not like it. Ouch. Leafs lose grit and a better center, and sign one that is only 1M less a cap hit. Not a good move.

Reactions: Szechwan

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I mean if the worst thing you can say is he overpaid a third liner by 500k then IDK what to tell you lol. If he fits in with the team as the third line C that is a good deal.

I'd say the bigger problem here is the term, more so than the AAV. Not the end of the world by any means though.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Lol Leafs have $3m to sign Marner. Hahaha.

Offer sheet has to be done. This is the biggest opportunity for any team to get a top liner on an offer sheet.

Leafs can clear 2.2M by sending down Petan, Marincin and Harpur which will give them 13F, 7D with Marner. An additional 5.3M by placing Horton on LTIR so their true cap space is closer to 10.5M.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Kadri was making 4.5 for 3 more years. He was traded in part for cap savings. This contract defeats that purpose when Dubas signs Kerfoot at 3,5 x 4? 1M savings for a lesser Center, again on the smallish again side locked into a 4 year contract. I would not like it. Ouch. Leafs lose grit and a better center, and sign one that is only 1M less a cap hit. Not a good move.

Kadri was traded for cap savings?

Lol.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'd say the bigger problem here is the term, more so than the AAV. Not the end of the world by any means though.
But why is the term bad? Kerfoot is now our 3rd line Center for the next three years. Leafs dont have many center prospects so having this guy locked up for the next 4 years is a strength for us as we dont need to worry and go out to find another center.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Avs fans going to come in here and down play him, but they should be quickly ignored.

He's been a solid player, and just a team whipping boy.

^Obviously context is important, but those are solid numbers for a solid defensive forward.

2vjr9qp.png

zssnyx.jpg

Well he just isn't a solid defensive forward. Atleast he hasn't been for the Avs.

This is a major gamble by Dubas. Could pay off for him if Kerfoot has another gear that he will find with the Leafs that he did not yet with the Avs.
But if he doesn't, that deal could look pretty bad pretty soon and only make their cap crunch even worse down the line.

You can say many things about Dubas. But he certainly is showing balls this offseason. I am just mad that he did not do the same with the Matthews contract. Why 5 years at that AAV so easily?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad