Waived: [TOR] G Ilya Samsonov waived by the Maple Leafs (cleared)

VanCity88

Jan 1, 2024
Watching Samsonov play reminds me of early 2000's Dan Cloutier, post-Lidstrom goal. You can just see that there is zero confidence there, and any and every shot on net feels like it could go in.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s set up for the perfect return tonight. Detroit travels after winning at home last night, also playing a goaltender they haven’t played in a couple of weeks.

If he gets lit up tonight, it’ll be a very bad sign, as everything points to a clear advantage in this game.

Mar 26, 2010
He’s set up for the perfect return tonight. Detroit travels after winning at home last night, also playing a goaltender they haven’t played in a couple of weeks.

If he gets lit up tonight, it’ll be a very bad sign, as everything points to a clear advantage in this game.
Samsonov is getting lite up. Swiss Cheese.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I'm a little out of the loop in this one if anyone can fill me in

He was sent down, but didn't play any games in the ahl? Was this just a cap thing while giving him rest?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm a little out of the loop in this one if anyone can fill me in

He was sent down, but didn't play any games in the ahl? Was this just a cap thing while giving him rest?
I'd guess they wanted to call up a real goalie in his place.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I still have to laugh at everyone who called me out for wanting Jones over Samsonov last offseason

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Easy money, bet the house. Leafs are going to get blown out. Samsonov is comically bad.
I’d be picking the over on this game

Big trend recently of games projecting to be complete shootouts with lines of 7 and 7.5 staying well under.

Up until today I didn't have the cajones to take the under on (2) defensively terrible teams with atrocious goaltending.

Finally got courageous it and it paid off. Not saying to do this as a strategy moving forward, just a trend I'm noticing. And Detroit getting in late and both teams playing yesterday swayed the decision for me. Expected a sloppy offensive game and that's kind of what it was. Kane getting hurt early probably helped the cause a little bit but hey.. lucky to be good sometimes

Reactions: centipede2233

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Big trend recently of games projecting to be complete shootouts with lines of 7 and 7.5 staying well under.

Up until today I didn't have the cajones to take the under on (2) defensively terrible teams with atrocious goaltending.

Finally got courageous it and it paid off. Not saying to do this as a strategy moving forward, just a trend I'm noticing. And Detroit getting in late and both teams playing yesterday swayed the decision for me. Expected a sloppy offensive game and that's kind of what it was. Kane getting hurt early probably helped the cause a little bit but hey.. lucky to be good sometimes

This is a Samsquatch thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad