Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F William Nylander signs extension with the Maple Leafs (8 years, $11.5M AAV, NMC)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Funny. Schofiele and helle were good with 8.5 per In Winnipeg and you got these guys demanding over 10 in Toronto. Turns out leafs overpay their players.
It's funny how narratives go. If the roles were reversed everyone would be saying "well of course they overpay, because of that winter!". But for a place like Toronto they say anything other than the quality of the place.

It's a lot of confirmation bias.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Brad treliving right now “what have I done”

I guess he didn’t learn anything from the Huberdeau contract

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I fully expected Nylander’s production to crater after the extension like Johnny Hockey’s but I didn’t expect it to happen this soon. 0 points in 3 games.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Brad treliving right now “what have I done”

I guess he didn’t learn anything from the Huberdeau contract

It's Shanahan.

First he hires entitled brat Dubas and wants to keep him. Entitled Dubas tries to usurp him and fails and now he's working with Pens. Then Shanahan hires another guy who must obey to his orders.

Mar 26, 2010
No horse in this race, but of the "core four" I would take Willie.
lol come on. The Leafs may be a trash team but Matthews is best goal scorer in the NHL. The stats back that up. Willy has disappeared since he hijacked the MLSE brinks truck.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Wait, this the same guy that held out for months into a season. And now he gets a big fat contract? And it's like, "Well, he deserves it" Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: sting101

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
It's Shanahan.

First he hires entitled brat Dubas and wants to keep him. Entitled Dubas tries to usurp him and fails and now he's working with Pens. Then Shanahan hires another guy who must obey to his orders.
It’s amazing shanny still is employed. Blame MLSE

Reactions: 34

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Seems like other than stat padding against the likes of the sharks and blue jacks, nylander isnt really having that great of a season.
200w (7).gif

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
0 points in 3 games since the ridiculous overpay (points against the sharks do not count).

Not looking good!

Thankfully he has a full NMC throughout the entire contract.
This

Nylander actually has 0 points this entire season if we take away all the points that he scored and only focus on the games where he didn't score a point

Worst contract of all time ?

In case you don't get it, it's sarcasm

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Horrible deal deal by a team that seems to have no cap issues and their own Robidas Island to ship the coke machines.

This jacks up Pettersson’s deal bigly time. Has that team ever had a young star on a hood deal. Blind leading the blind.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad