Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CHI] Jake McCabe (@ 50%), Sam Lafferty, cond. 2024 and 2025 5th round picks for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, 2025 1st (top 10 prot), 2026 2nd

Marner980

Jun 21, 2019
Hey Haatley guy and others, if McCabe has been so terrible as you guys say then how come so many Leafs fans all seem so pleased with his play since arriving here. Check out the main thread I started for McCabe on Leafs board to see the comments.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Hey Haatley guy and others, if McCabe has been so terrible as you guys say then how come so many Leafs fans all seem so pleased with his play since arriving here. Check out the main thread I started for McCabe on Leafs board to see the comments.

If someone says he's terrible, they are wrong. He's a good defensive defenseman. Its worrisome that he seems to get top pairing minutes on ES but if he can handle it (he shouldnt) more power to him.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Don't lie lol. If you watch every game of a team you hate then you have other psychological issues. I sure as f*** don't spend my time watching Habs or Bruins games.
What do I do at 7pm after work?

I watch hockey. The Flames aren't on until later. I live in Toronto. What game do you think I watch?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If someone says he's terrible, they are wrong. He's a good defensive defenseman. Its worrisome that he seems to get top pairing minutes on ES but if he can handle it (he shouldnt) more power to him.

He's been fantastic for the most part

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
McCabe and O'Reilly are perfect additions. The leafs had a really good group of high end players (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, J.T Rielly, etc) and then a bunch of lower paid bottom players (Kampf, Acciari, Holl types guys) but McCabe and O'Reilly as our 7th and 8th best player really bridges the middle gap that was on the team imo and I see this team as improved.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I mean we was waiver fodder when he came to the Hawks. He works hard but not an ounce of talent in him. His season is from playing up in a garbage lineup with no depth.

Thanks for turning him into a player, then. Looks great skating the puck up ice for us, much better skater than I expected. Has been moving the puck up to our forwards really well. Looks great next to Brodie shutting down other team's top players.

More than we can ask for at 2m.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Thanks for turning him into a player, then. Looks great skating the puck up ice for us, much better skater than I expected. Has been moving the puck up to our forwards really well. Looks great next to Brodie shutting down other team's top players.

More than we can ask for at 2m.
I was talking about Lafferty

Reactions: Malaka

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I mean we was waiver fodder when he came to the Hawks. He works hard but not an ounce of talent in him. His season is from playing up in a garbage lineup with no depth.
He wasn’t “waiver fodder” he was a decent 2nd pair guy in Buffalo, got injured, had major surgery and (like many) it took his 1st full season in Chicago to get back to normal.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Dunking on someone for watching hockey on a hockey forum, I've seen it all
It's one thing to watch hockey, it's another thing to supposedly tune into every game of a team that you hate. Do you spend your time watching every Bruins or Leafs game? Living in the city isn't an excuse when there is GameCenter and various other ways to watch basically any game you want.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It's one thing to watch hockey, it's another thing to supposedly tune into every game of a team that you hate. Do you spend your time watching every Bruins or Leafs game? Living in the city isn't an excuse when there is GameCenter and various other ways to watch basically any game you want.

Ever heard of local television broadcasting? Plenty of people who don't pay for every channel or illegally stream, but have access to every game from their regional team.

I grew up in Cleveland as a Sports fan and watched every Browns game on Sunday even though I liked the Patriots/Ravens more as a kid. When I got into baseball I watched all the Indians games even though I cheered for them to lose most of the time. It's not an unhealthy obsession, just being a casual sports fan.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Ever heard of local television broadcasting? Plenty of people who don't pay for every channel or illegally stream, but have access to every game from their regional team.

I grew up in Cleveland as a Sports fan and watched every Browns game on Sunday even though I liked the Patriots/Ravens more as a kid. When I got into baseball I watched all the Indians games even though I cheered for them to lose most of the time. It's not an unhealthy obsession, just being a casual sports fan.
If you're a kid who is getting into the sport, sure, but as a grown ass man who spends a lot of time trolling a particular team on here (dude's been on here for a decade+) and then claiming that you watch every game of said team that you hate seems rather unhinged to me. As someone with a full-time job and a wife I'm lucky if I get to watch most games of my own team let alone other teams. Agree to disagree I guess.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah I like McCabe a lot. Has had a few mistakes that were very bad looking early but given the tough minutes he plays, 95% of the time he is doing well in them. Being physical and protecting the goalie. Not here to score points but has been on our shutdown pairing freeing up our other D for other matchups.

Lafferty I have no use for. The scouting report I got was he was gritty. He's fast... That's about it. Another Engvall. I guess that at 1.5 is ok value but he kinda sucks imo.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This was a fair deal for both sides. McCabe & Lafferty are playing well and the Hawks need top picks.

The deal has been a steal for the Leafs a legitimate 4 D for 2 million dollars for 3 playoff runs, and a bottom 6 forward.

For a draft pick that's 3 drafts away, AND is top 10 protected so if things did go to hell Chicago doesn't get the pick

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00