Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CHI] Jake McCabe (@ 50%), Sam Lafferty, cond. 2024 and 2025 5th round picks for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, 2025 1st (top 10 prot), 2026 2nd

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Is this a serious post? The Leafs core are 25/26. In 2 years the Leafs are not giving up a "high first". They have another 5-8 years of a window left. They kept the closer firsts so that those teams can have ELC talent coming up.

As for the rest of this thread.. YAWN. Y'all need to do better your trolling is uninspired and predictable. Learn from some goat trolls like Winter Soldier on how to properly trigger leaf fans. Trying to make us feel and about Anderson and Engvall is not going to happen no matter how hard you try lol.
The core is 25/26. 3 years from know they will have all passed through UFA. The rest of the actual talent in the bottom 6 will be older or you’ve paid more assets to replace them.
Rielly will be in his 30’s and already sucks at actual defense.

It is why they were smart to go all in. The Leafs could have a 5 year window but that’s not likely with their current cap situation. So strike now over the next 2 seasons.

Be honest, if they win a cup this year or next will a 5 year rebuild bother you? … I’m thinking not. Actually as a Hawk fan I know it won’t

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Sandin in 7gp - 1g, 9a, 10pts
Engvall in 6gp - 3g, 1a, 4pts

McCabe in 8gp - 0g, 0a,0pts
Lafferty in 8gp - 0g, 2a, 2pts

Most Leaf fans are too emotionally invested to look at how objectively bad these moves were.
Engvall has yet to score a playoff goal on a goalie. He wasn’t getting it done here

Sandin was a casualty for getting tougher, he also gets beat easily on the forecheck against heavy teams.

These moves should be seen based on the post season, not the regular season

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The core is 25/26. 3 years from know they will have all passed through UFA. The rest of the actual talent in the bottom 6 will be older or you’ve paid more assets to replace them.
Rielly will be in his 30’s and already sucks at actual defense.

It is why they were smart to go all in. The Leafs could have a 5 year window but that’s not likely with their current cap situation. So strike now over the next 2 seasons.

Be honest, if they win a cup this year or next will a 5 year rebuild bother you? … I’m thinking not. Actually as a Hawk fan I know it won’t

I started typing a response but I don't care enough. Sure, Leafs will implode gift a top 3 pick, Leafs prospects all suck. Until they are dealt away that is then they were valuable.

Literally every season it's the same thing on here. "This year is their window" has been said for minimum 5 years now.

Reactions: Leafs1993

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
McCabe has been exactly what we needed on the back-end. Essentially a slightly worse Muzzin, but for $2mil for the next 2 seasons how can anyone complain?

Lafferty has been solid, good fit in the bottom 6. Had a nice sauce yesterday on ZAR’s 2nd goal of the night.
All that needs to be said really. I’ve been very happy with McCabe.

The fact non-leaf fans are coming here trying to make it seem Engvall and Anderson will be anything is hilarious, and predictable.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I started typing a response but I don't care enough. Sure, Leafs will implode gift a top 3 pick, Leafs prospects all suck. Until they are dealt away that is then they were valuable.

Literally every season it's the same thing on here. "This year is their window" has been said for minimum 5 years now.

All the UFAs are gonna walk and we’re not going to spend any of the 40+ million that opens up, which will put us below the cap floor and forfeit the season giving Chicago 1st overall.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
All the UFAs are gonna walk and we’re not going to spend any of the 40+ million that opens up, which will put us below the cap floor and forfeit the season giving Chicago 1st overall.

And all our RFA's are busts and if they aren't they are signing an offersheet

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
I’m a Hawk fan, give McCabe some time to adjust to new responsibilities. He’ll be fine.
With Lafferty points are a bonus. If the coach is smart enough to employ a shut down line Kampf and Laffery are 2/3 of a line I’d match against other teams top 6’s. They won’t score but will hold the opposition. That creates a scenario where the 1st or 2nd lines can often play against an opponents bottom 6.
Lafferty has been playing with Kampf and ZAR on the 4th line. Theyve been very effective pinning other teams top lines in their own zone along the boards

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I’m a Hawk fan, give McCabe some time to adjust to new responsibilities. He’ll be fine.
With Lafferty points are a bonus. If the coach is smart enough to employ a shut down line Kampf and Laffery are 2/3 of a line I’d match against other teams top 6’s. They won’t score but will hold the opposition. That creates a scenario where the 1st or 2nd lines can often play against an opponents bottom 6.

McCabe has been great since coming in, same with Laf. He's solid defensively, physical and plays a mean game, love everything he brings to the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318_152240_Brave.png
    Screenshot_20230318_152240_Brave.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 5

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
McCabe has been exactly what we needed on the back-end. Essentially a slightly worse Muzzin, but for $2mil for the next 2 seasons how can anyone complain?

Lafferty has been solid, good fit in the bottom 6. Had a nice sauce yesterday on ZAR’s 2nd goal of the night.
Mccabe and Acciari are exactly what this team needed, fearless and hard to play against. Leafs didn't need more soft skill, the have it in spades. It was tiresome watching leafs stars and goalies get pushed around and no push back, along with opposing teams having no fear to play vs leafs. And that carries to the postseason. Against the leafs you didn't need to worry about going into a corner to retrieve a puck or worry about being too close to leaf goalies or even about having your head down a couple seconds too long to retrieve a puck. With McCabe, Schenn, Acciari we've already seen some opponents pay the price for this. Aho took a solid hit from Schenn last night, and we saw him manhandling a player out of Samsonovs crease after a whistle, we seen McCabe standing up to Myers for Tavares after he took a big hit and standing up for Brodie vs E.Kane in Edmonton. In the past there was no response from Leafs after these plays.

Engvall is a UFA and we wouldn't be able to afford him next year. So I'm glad we got a pick instead of losing him for free like Mikheyev, Hyman and the past.

Leafs also have Nick Robertson, Knies, Holmberg, McCann, Steeves who will be looking for permanent roles on the big team next year.

If anything the success of players on other teams is a credit to Dubas and his management. He drafted Sandin, he traded a player before his contract was unmoveable (Johnsson) for Anderson, he also traded Kapanen for a first around the same time, he held onto Engvall until he couldnt afford him. And he still has a bunch of depth players (that he signed as UFAs or drafted) like the ones he shipped out and better waiting in the wings. And the players he got in return for his trades have looked pretty damn good thus far.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If anything this shows how much depth the leafs truly have. Sandin would be scratched, Anderson in the minors, and Engvall would be on the fourth line not in the top 6. Glad to see these guys getting an opportunity.

That's some critical thinking dude. Don't belong in a place like this.

• Haha
Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The Leafs didn't acquire those guys for the regular season, they acquired them for the playoffs when the rules completely, stupidly, change.

Reactions: TopCheese

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad