Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CBJ/SJS] N. Foligno (75% retained), S. Noesen to TOR; '21 1st and '22 4th to CBJ; '21 4th to SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t see Minnesota winning a playoff series against Vegas or Colorado JMO.

MN is 4-1-1 against VGK this year. 10-2-2 alltime.

I don't see Foligno being what MN is looking for, and Guerin sure as hell better not pay a 1st for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Man, CLB trying to load up on 1sts in a year that you really don't want to be loaded on 1sts.

I mean, it's never a bad thing, but this is the last year you'd want it.
Not necessarily: this might be a good year for late firsts

Covid was a common development shock for young players: many players lost a year of development so will filter into future years in mean ability. It’s more difficult to forecast I guess but that probably means probability of a top ten talent this year at pick thirty is higher than other years

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Not necessarily: this might be a good year for late firsts

Covid was a common development shock for young players: many players lost a year of development so will filter into future years in mean ability. It’s more difficult to forecast I guess but that probably means probability of a top ten talent this year at pick thirty is higher than other years

You're correct on the lost development in future years, but the issue here that wont be there in future years is you don't get to evaluate a lot of these guys as much as you should.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
You're correct on the lost development in future years, but the issue here that wont be there in future years is you don't get to evaluate a lot of these guys as much as you should.
Oh definitely: I agree it will be easier to draft next year but not obvious if talent pool is better given Covid

I’m not sure when it’s worst to partially play: I’m probably more concerned with the sixteen year old than the eighteen year old frankly

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I said a while back that some teams may not value 1st rounders that much this season due to lack of scouting. If you deal a late first and say Columbus sends back their 3rd might be worth the risk in such a crapshoot year

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Man, CLB trying to load up on 1sts in a year that you really don't want to be loaded on 1sts.

I mean, it's never a bad thing, but this is the last year you'd want it.
Firmly disagree.

The whole 'this draft sucks' narrative is based on conclusions primarily drawn from the first half of the prospects' draft minus 2 seasons. There are various stories of the past of prospects coming out of nowhere in the 2nd half of their D-1 seasons to cement themselves as top prospects. It's a very volatile age.

I think this is a good year to have more bullets in your chamber, not less. Someone may well get a superstar at 24th overall just due to the lack of scouting opportunities.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Why does the Wild want Foligno? They need C with top 6 skill not another Bjugstad/Bonino/EK/Rask plumber to be carried by Kaprizov or Fiala. Domi would make more sense for them.

Reactions: dionisus1122

lawrence

May 19, 2012
trust me on this, these leader ship type of player can make a huge difference. Of course the GM's also have to caution on wether they want to give up that much, but these guys are needed for a good run.

Reactions: Toe Pick

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
trust me on this, these leader ship type of player can make a huge difference. Of course the GM's also have to caution on wether they want to give up that much, but these guys are needed for a good run.

Leadership type players haven't made any difference for Minnesota at any point in the last decade.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Why does the Wild want Foligno? They need C with top 6 skill not another Bjugstad/Bonino/EK/Rask plumber to be carried by Kaprizov or Fiala. Domi would make more sense for them.

Domi sucks. His character is why Guerin, & wild wouldn't want him

His antics wouldn't fly on the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad