Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] Frattin for D'Amigo, conditional 7th. Frattin re-signed 2yr/800k AAV

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri and Frattin will pick up where they left off and everyone will forget about D'Amigo.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
This is why I'm okay with Frattin coming back.

I honestly have a soft spot with this kid.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Kadri and Frattin will pick up where they left off and everyone will forget about D'Amigo.

tumblr_lo40pt5L221qmad05o1_500.gif

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Was there not someone in the media who was absolutely obsessed with Frattin? Was it Healy who would always talk about him every chance he could? Or am i thinking of someone else?

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Don't forget about his overtime winner Vs. Sabres with 1 second left

There's reasons to like him. I do sort of agree with not wanting to give up D'Amigo for him, but...

Potential 3rd liner for potential 2nd liner. I'll take the potential second liner right now, simple as that. As much as I love D'Amigo, there are others in the system who can be similar players. Not the same, but similar.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Kinda mixed on this one but definitely leaning towards to liking this trade. Loved both players, Jerry was looking in his time with the big club and Matt had success here last time plus the chemistry factor is a big deal in Toronto (ie. Kessel and Bozak)

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
A lot of people have a soft spot for Frattin. There's just something about his game... Doesn't put up the most points, but he has balance like no other and is strong as a horse. Wicked wrister too.

But when he turns it up... Watch out.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think this is going to turn out to be our best value contract by far. $800k for a quality second line winger that can score. Lupul - Kadri - Frattin will tear it up next year!

Gardiner is going to look like great value too (and I'm not including Rielly cause he only gets paid like that cause he's so young).

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
People seem to have forgotten how well Frattin and Komorov played and the impact they had in helping the Leafs come within a whisker of beating favoured Bruins in the playoffs. They had the skill players last season but lacked the character and discipline the players they have added will bring.

Avec Fromage*

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Holland - Frattin
Ashton - ? - Orr

? - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Robidas
Rielly - Polak

Bernier
?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think this is going to turn out to be our best value contract by far. $800k for a quality second line winger that can score. Lupul - Kadri - Frattin will tear it up next year!

Gardiner is going to look like great value too (and I'm not including Rielly cause he only gets paid like that cause he's so young).

This could turn out great but it's a gamble still. He might get his groove back and play with Kadri or he could not do as well and revert to a 3rd line winger.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Real happy about this one. Welcome back Matty. Seems like a loved guy in the locker room. Anything that brings chemistry i'm all for.

Plus no one talks about how we got a #1 goalie for practically nothing. I guess of
we traded Bernier for Scrivens and D'Amigo it would be a different story.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON

Yep, very low risk contractually. But if Frattin loses his way and D'Amigo goes on to be a solid NHLer, I will be upset.

However I believe this is Frattin's final chance at making his mark in the NHL. He's definitely shown what he's capable of. And I believe he's more than capable of being a 2nd line winger.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
26 years old

2013-2014 44 games 7 points

How, this is considered anything but a who cares transaction?

Heck, read lots of trashing of Frattin when he was playing for LA. Did he take a magic potion today?

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Frattin has a higher ceiling than D'Amigo and already has quite a bit of NHL experience under his belt. I would take him over D'Amigo 9/10 times, and that's exactly what Nonis did.

At worst, he can be a good 3rd line/4th line player, and at best a 2nd liner.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

One of my favourite Frattin plays, along with his OT goal vs Buffalo. If he can play like this next season he can score 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad