Proposal: TOR/CAR - Nylander - Hanifin

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I like Hanifin, but not at the expense of Willy. I rather try to keep all of the big 3 and figure out the D a different way.
Don't blame you one bit, and I think that's completely fair. Likewise, I think most Canes fans right now would rather see if Hanifin can continue his development potentially into a #1/2 D. Deal has decent value for both teams IMO, but take the risk in keeping their own player.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yep, we don't have any control over these trade threads other then to discuss value and if it would be acceptable from an individual's perspective, from my POV it's a fair conversation to have.

Yep, all we can do is discuss ideas. As I mentioned, I thought you did a pretty good job. Some people are always going to disagree. Bias can colour conversations like this for sure.

I cannot pretend to know what direction management is heading in. Maybe we are going to wait to see what we have in Dermott and Liljegren. It wouldn't surprise me, but who knows.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
This makes a lot of sense, but on the flip-side, Hanifin isn't being offered around the league either. His name is only out there because of CAR's embarassment of riches on the blue line and other teams' fans/beat-writers are looking to poach a young d-man, so they throw out names in potential trades for him.

Francis very publicly said over the off-season that none of Faulk/Slavin/Pesce/Hanifin were available. With Hanifin's play this year so far, I still think that's true, with the exception of maybe Faulk. But who's gonna pay high prices for Faulk given his craptastic play so far...

It doesn't surprise that he isn't available.

Aren't the Canes close to being sold now? Maybe they'll freeze all trades until the new owners take over? Perhaps you guys will dip into free agency this summer for a forward?

Feb 24, 2017
What a biased post...

What if our [MOD] winger becomes an elite #1c and your "elite Dman" never gains his offensive game and becomes a #4 dman?
[MOD]
I’m not biased. I have no dog in the fight.
I allowed for the return to be either of your beloveds. Are both fan fic’d into being centers?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It doesn't surprise that he isn't available.

Aren't the Canes close to being sold now? Maybe they'll freeze all trades until the new owners take over? Perhaps you guys will dip into free agency this summer for a forward?

If anybody is traded, IMO, it will be Justin Faulk, he's the player whose skillset is most easily replaceable from within. Hanifin has already taken over the go-to offensive d-man role, Bean can play the right side, McKeown and Martin are natural RHD. But I'm taking the long view, I don't necessarily think anything will happen with Faulk this season unless the team falls totally out of contention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad