Proposal: TOR/CAR - Nylander - Hanifin

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Will 20g rookie Connor Brown be in these proposals if he plays 4th line again for a few weeks, because he' clashing with Babcock??

We have 10 top line fwds, one of them is going to play 4th line.

Hopefully it's Leo eventually.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
No.

f*** no.

If we think Nylander is going to be a C then we will keep him and have the best trio down the middle in the league.

He can do both.

For all the points Matthews helps him add, Hyman takes away :laugh:

He's also produced well on other lines, including limited minutes playing with Martin and Moore.
Don't waste your breath arguing with him.

Reactions: Cotton

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What do you mean? OP already proved the case for Nylander being a fulltime long-term center:
I know you are being sarcastic, but Nylander has played center at every level....i don't think he's forgotten how. That said, i would pass on the OP, no need to take a home run swing.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Their names are Dermott and Liljeren and you'll be hearing a lot more about them soon. The leafs don't need to make a big trade for a young defenseman.

And if they did it's not for a LHD.
Big difference between playing in the AHL and NHL. BUT I hope they do good.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Said it before and will say it again. One of Nylander /Marner straight up for Hanifin is a good deal for both teams. It addresses the needs for both teams. If anybody needs to add it would be the Leafs as Hanifin value > Nylander but it would be a very minor +.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Said it before and will say it again. One of Nylander /Marner straight up for Hanifin is a good deal for both teams. It addresses the needs for both teams. If anybody needs to add it would be the Leafs as Hanifin value > Nylander but it would be a very minor +.

Again, it looks like some folks look at the value of the players and not how they fit into the team. Leafs don't really need a LHD with Reilly, Gardiner, rookie Borgman and Dermot who likely the next Marlie graduate. So if Nylander or Marner were to be traded it would be for position of need. RHD, or long term centre. Nylander might, might be the answer or long term answer centre for the Leafs, one reason Nylander would unlikely be traded.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Going to need to be a 1st and Nylander for a too pairing d men then.

I wouldn't add anything. The Leafs are trending towards home ice advantage in the playoffs and the Canes will probably finishes outside of the playoffs for the 9th consecutive season. No point adding when you're selling hope.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
But you're over evaluating Nylander. He is still unproven meanwhile Pesce is a proven top pairing NHL d man with a good long term contract. Nylander on the other hand, scores s lot of points with Auston on the PP. You can't day for certain that he wouldn't just be a 40 point forward on another team...

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
But you're over evaluating Nylander. He is still unproven meanwhile Pesce is a proven top pairing NHL d man with a good long term contract. Nylander on the other hand, scores s lot of points with Auston on the PP. You can't day for certain that he wouldn't just be a 40 point forward on another team...
Yeah and Pesce might not even be a top 4 on another team with a different partner, you can't say for certain. See how that works?

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
No. I don't. Carolina doesn't have a super star on their team. Toronto on the other hand...

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If the leafs need a RHD instead of LHD, but also need a center, what about Pesce plus Rask for Nylander plus a 3rd. You get the RHD you need that is a top pairing shutdown guy on a very team friendly contract, plus a center that is paid in line with a 2nd/high 3rd line center.

Feb 24, 2017
I think Nylander is a great player. And I think his transition to center is safe. This is the kindler, gentler nhl evolving. Skating and diligence will be enough.

I say both teams are happy.

Feb 24, 2017
I know the cool thing to do on HF is to hype up Werenski and Provorov and **** on Hanifin, but Hanifin is scoring just as much and is an excellent possession player. Not sure why his value is so much lower than theirs.
His value isn’t any lower.

His “value”, among the great unwashed, however...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad